- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
1997 Ford Crown Victoria
Problems & Complaints
Worst 1997 Crown Victoria Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 56
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 44
- drivetrain problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 61
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 38
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 32
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 8
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 4
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 4
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Crown Victoria Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Crown Victoria compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Crown Victoria overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Crown Victoria.