1998 Ford Crown Victoria electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Crown Victoria:

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Aug 252007

Crown Victoria 8-cyl

My 1998 Ford Crown Victoria caught on fire in my driveway after sitting for 12 hours. The fire dept said it started in the electrical wiring under the hood. The car is now completely destroyed. There is a recall for the 98 Crown Victoria for this exact problem, but I am being told that my VIN does not have a recall on it. Ford Motor Company will not take any responsibility for this. I know that they are adding to the recall everyday. Am I supposed to wait until my car has been added, if it ever gets added?

- Carleton, MI, USA

Jul 091998

Crown Victoria

Electrical system failure causing loss of lighting.

- Reston, VA, USA