1998 Ford Crown Victoria windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford Crown Victoria:

1998 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jul 241999

Crown Victoria

First failure was windshield wipers come on by themselves (7/99), second was headlights failed while driving at night, two times (10/99), third was windshield wipers again and rapid turnsignal flashing (06/01), fourth was rapid turnsignal flashing (8/01). On each and every one of these occasions they replaced the "multi function switch" part no. Fmc yw3Z 13K359 ab. There have been numerous other occasions where we have taken this car to the dealer for these problems and the dealer returned the car with "no problem found". it is now May 2002 and guess what"! we have a fifth failure, rapid turnsignal flashing. Whats next? are my headlights going to fail again? are my windshield wipers going to suddenly not work when I need them? this is our family car that we take to soccer games, girls scouts, boy scouts, baseball, gymnastics. Do I feel safe in this car? not where the electical system is involved, and does that include my airbags" I sure hope my seatbelts don't fail me if I need them! I contacted Ford directly, twice! at this time they don't seem to care!

- Overland Park, KS, USA