1. replace module (5 reports)
2003 Ford Crown Victoria lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria:

2003 Ford Crown Victoria Owner Comments

Jun 142012

Crown Victoria LX V8

I had to have Ford replace the lighting control which cost me $849.86. I went to them this month as a received a recall on this problem and asked for a refund. They informed me they could not refund my money due to the fact this was the second recall and I should have done something on the first recall, the ford dealer in Lakeland said they could only refund money until October 01, 2014 .Needless to say I am not a happy person with Ford Motor Company as they knew about this problem before i had mine fixed. I called Ford Motor customer service and got the same story from them. I told them I never received a recall notice from them in 2014. I will not buy another Ford. I would appreciate any suggestions as to where I can go with this complaint. Thanks

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Feb 232010

Crown Victoria NGV 4.6L V8

Ford refunded $652.51 by check on 05/28/2014, for expense incurred for new LCM on 02/23/2010.

Notice 14N01 574156. Fortunately, I still had the original invoice.

- , Oceanside, CA, USA

Dec 152011

Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 4.6L

Local Ford Dealer wanted $600 for the LCM. Bought a reconditioned one with a lifetime guarantee for $100 and installed it myself. Saved $500 and went to Red Lobster with my wife.

- , New Lisbon, WI, USA

Apr 102013

Crown Victoria P71 4.6L V8

With the number of failures of the LCM and the inherent danger involved in the sudden loss of visibility due to headlight failure at night one would think Ford would take some responsibility. That, however does not seem to be the case. From what I've read here, and on other sights, this repair is hundreds of dollars and the replacement part is the same defective module. Ford refuses to cover any portion of the costs.Lame! I am going to disassemble and attempt to rapair it myself before spending that outrageous amount of mony for another defective part.

- , Everett, WA, USA

Mar 232012

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L

I can't believe Ford did not issue a voluntary recall for an issue that TURNS YOUR HEADLIGHTS OFF WITHOUT WARNING!!!

- , Lodi, OH, USA

Jul 052011

Crown Victoria LX 4.6L V8

Here is another problem that has had several complaints about it that you don't know about till you have a problem and you wonder why Ford has not recalled these vehicles

- , Lexington, NC, USA

Ask a Mechanic Online
We have partnered with JustAnswer so that you can get 1-on-1 help now.
Get an Answer >