2011 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Mar 032014

Edge 6-cyl

When the driver side door is shut, the drive side door warning light stays on. It will not go out until the vehicle is turned off. Once the vehicle is turned off, the interior lights stay on for several minutes. We have to check the vehicle periodically to be sure they turn off. When vehicle is parked outside and no one is near the vehicle, the alarm will go off intermittently. This happens during the day and at night. It seems to have started after the driver side door warning light started staying on. Our vehicle is out of warranty. When I called my local Ford dealer, they stated they see the problem with the driver side door warning light a lot but there is no recall on it. The repair can be as much as $500.

- Bonner Springs, KS, USA

Jul 262014

Door ajar sensor does not work properly on the driver's side front door. The sensor says the door is ajar, but it is not, and will not go off even after opening and closing the door several times. The interior lights stay on, which is a hazard when driving at night.

- Wauwatosa, WI, USA

May 202014

Driver door ajar error.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 062013

The door ajar indicator shows drivers side door open even though it is completely closed. It keeps the doors from locking which is a safety issue. This is a widely known problem with several Ford models. Ford should issue a recall for the defective switches.

- Wylie, TX, USA

Jan 292014

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. When the contact closed the front driver side door, the door ajar warning indicator remained illuminated. The indicator remained illuminated even when the contact slammed the door closed multiple times. As a result, the doors were unable to be locked. While driving and reaching a certain speed, the doors would lock automatically and the indicator would dim. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Jun 022014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar lights constantly on saying doors are open. Lights stay on because it thinks doors are open. Cannot lock from keyless entry pad. This happened about a year ago not sure of date that's why I didn't list. It is drivers door again and rear passenger door. Two at a time! rear door is hardly used. Very disgusting and costly repairs again.

- Watsontown, PA, USA

Apr 152014

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the automatic door system was defective and would indicate that the door was open when it was actually closed. The automatic door lock system failed to engage. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the door module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000 and current mileage was 47,000.

- Cumberland, MD, USA

Dec 172013

Driver door says it's open when it's not.

- Clarksville , TN, USA

Mar 202014

Driver door ajar light comes on when door is closed as well as while vehicle is moving. Interior as well as puddle lights come on. Frequent slamming if door to trigger sensor does not work. Unable to turn lights off. Prohibits doors from locking while vehicle is in motion. Serious safety concern.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Apr 012014

Door is ajar warning does not clear even after repeated closing of doors. This causes interior lights to stay on and doors not to automatically lock when driving.

- Havana, FL, USA

May 202014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar stays on after door closed.

- Riverton, UT, USA

Apr 012014

Vehicle does not recognize that the driver side door is closed. The door ajar light stays on, causing the interior light to stay on, and preventing the doors from locking while traveling. The dealership service department stated this is a common problem that requires the latch be replaced.

- Canton, MI, USA

Sep 232013

The front door ajar sensor or latch has been off and on not working. The light door ajar light comes on you have to either slam the door or open and shut it over and over again now to get the door ajar light to go off and the interior lights to shut off. While the door ajar is on the doors will not lock while driving. The other problem is the interior lights will not go off after parking the car which I am afraid will end up killing the battery. Why has there not been a recall on this? there is a danger with the locks not being able to lock and the risk of a battery dying.

- Danbury, CT, USA

Jan 102012

The driver's door ajar sensor stays on and you will have to open and shut the door several times before it goes out and sometimes that doesn't work. My first incident was when my car was less than a year old (early 2012) and I took it back to the dealer and it was suppose to be replaced. Then in March of 2014, the same thing happened again. So when I went in for an oil change I explained the problem and they said that they would clean it and go from there. Just 2 short weeks later it started happening once again so this time I have returned the car and they want to charge me a $100 deductible to do the work. I asked why because I have extended warranty and he explained that certain items are covered but with a deductible fee. This problem should be considered a recall of the car because it seems to be something that's going to be a recurring issue with no fault of the consumer.

- Washington, DC, USA

Apr 012014

Door ajar sensor stays on even when door is closed resulting in lights staying on.with the number of complaints on this issue, Ford should issue a recall.

- Eastman, WI, USA

Aug 142013

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar light has been coming off and on even when the door is shut. Sometimes 5-10 closings will shut the door ajar light off. Most of the time my door ajar light stays on. Which keeps my interior lights on at nighttime. Also not sure my car locks completely as the car honks twice quickly when I try to lock using the wireless locking device. Very frustrating, and for the money they charge for Ford cars, don't think this should be a problem. Have searched the internet and found out this is a common problem that can cost up to $300 at dealerships to fix, and cheapest I have found is $85 to buy part from Ford and try to fix it myself.

- Morgantown, WV, USA

Mar 182014

The "driver door ajar" warning remains lit even when my door is completely closed. I either have to slam my door closed or open/close my door multiple times for the light to turn off. This week, the light has started coming on while my car is in motion, which freaks me out. Due to the light coming back on even after it initially goes off, my dome light is staying on and running my car battery down. I needed a jump start this week due to my battery being dead. Thank you.

- Burkeville, TX, USA

Aug 232013

Problem: Door ajar sensor my Ford Edge door ajar light comes on and will not turn off no matter how many times I attempt to shut the door. With this light on the doors will not lock and the interior lights do not turn off for a period of 10-15 minutes. My daughter and I drive in my Edge everyday, with the doors not locking I find that this can be a very dangerous hazard. Today we were driving thru the mall parking lot and a stranger approached my Edge as if he were going to attempt to open the passenger door. At the time the door ajar light was on and all doors were unlocked, as the vehicle will not allow you to lock the doors with this light on. Lord forbid he would have opened that passenger door and harmed my daughter. Does it take a tragedy to happen before the manufacturer decides to deem this problem a legitimate recall..... I have read a tremendous about of complaints regarding this problem, how can this be transformed into a recall issue" what does it take to get Ford or the safety board to resolve this?" signed: A caring parent

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

Feb 112014

Driver door ajar indicator is illuminated when door is shut. Door must be closed repeatedly to get the ajar light to go off.

- Eastvale, CA, USA

Mar 272014

Edge 6-cyl

Door latch assembly- door ajar wont go away, door latch assembly has to be replaced.

- Cedar Springs, MI, USA