2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Jul 182016

The door ajar warning will not turn off. Makes it impossible to lock the doors when traveling,

- Marion, OH, USA

Aug 022016

Safety recall driver door sencer on my dash board registers my door isn't closed. Dome light stays on and my doors won't matter how many times U close it it won't cut off. Concerns me because what if my door isn't closed and it opens up while driving. I just bought this car used. I also smell burning rubbery hey my vents when idling.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 102016

Drivers side door latch not working - causing warning light and not enabling safety/security systems to engage when driving vehicle. Vehicle is stationary, happens when getting in and out of car. Also, dome lights remain on after car is parked causing battery to die.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

May 152016

The door ajar light is staying on even after the door is shut. The interior and outside lights will stay on after shutting door, causing the vehicle to lose battery power if not detected early. If it is daylight this may be hard to see. It also does not let you engage the alarm, or even worse the alarm will go off for no apparent reason, also draining the battery if not detected early. I've only had this car a few months, but has been a problem since day one. I thought it was something that I was doing wrong until I did a little research and found out that I was not the only one having this problem.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Door ajar warning light comes on because of a faulty sensor. Only comes on when vehicle is first started and makes the automatic locks useless. Interior light stays on, doors will not lock automatically, or can they be locked remotely. Seems to be a very common issue with many Ford products.

- Liberty Twp, OH, USA

Aug 052016

My vehicle smells like gas after 5 minutes driving. Took the vehicle to the dealer they could tell me the problem and insisted they did not smell nothing. I very concern. I can't drive the vehicle like this. The gas smell its bad. I found a recall on the body control module on this vehicle. Please help me fixed this problem.

- Southington, CT, USA

Dec 152015

The driver side door sensor is continually saying the door is open, when it is closed. The lights stay on, the locks won't lock while driving.

- Lakeville, MI, USA

Jul 162016

Car wil gradually slow down leading to a complete stop. Power to the engine seems to decrease and speed slows. Happened 4 times over several weeks. It would happen then an hour later car would be completely fine and drive ok for a few days and then happen again. Happened when the car was driving at 30-50 mph on normal city streets (not highway) we took it to the dealer, where they identified the throttle body as the cause of the issue. Our VIN is not eligible for the replacement program though; which we do not understand - meets the year/make/model and characteristics of issue. Ever since we purchased the car we have also had lingering electrical issues - separate of the throttle body, that no one has been able to identify -- drive door light says open and it's not, taillights randomly flash when car is off and no one is in car, etc. We are thinking this one was just a dud. We also own another Ford Edge 2014 model - no issues. Car is currently being repaired for the throttle body issue. We can provide receipts / info once we pick it up. Called Ford and they said that vehicles identified for the recall were based on date of manufacture and location - they must've missed us.

- Trussville, AL, USA

Jul 172016

Takata recall: Driver door ajar warning light comes on when trying to lock my vehicle by remote or manually after parking. Does not matter if I am entering or exiting the vehicle. This warning light is on while I am driving, and it turns on when starting engine. It will happen consistently at various times such as, there are times that the interior lights will come on while the vehicle is parked for at least an hour and the driver door is locked, once I am finally able to lock it. Whenever the interior lights comes on for no apparent reason (other times the interior lights would turn on and off again after a minute), and I would have to work on getting my door ajar light off again. Very, very annoying, and I had to replace my battery due to this issue. I bought this vehicle used September 2015, and it all started a week after purchasing it. I love my car, but I hate to drive it because of this issue. Please issue a recall, I should not have to pay for a faulty issue that I did not cause. This has been happening to me every single day, every time I use my vehicle. I took it to the service department and was told that there is no recalls. This has become worse, and I am starting to distrust any Ford vehicles. Something really has to be done about this!

- Gurnee, IL, USA

Jan 012016

The following three bullet points all happen in conjunction when I close the driver side door. Happens while driving and the interior light stay in even when the vehicle is parked after exiting the vehicle. Driver side door ajar light stays on when the door is closed. Interior lights stay on in the vehicle while starting to drive and stay on upon exiting the vehicle. * I am unable to lock the doors while the vehicle is in motion I had the door latch replaced once a few years ago for the same issue.... this is a huge safety issue. When driving at night, the interior lights stay on for a while after starting to drive. And it is a huge safety hazard that the doors will not lock while driving especially with kids in the vehicle.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

May 012016

Had problems with door side sensor saying the door was open when it wasn't. now the passenger side door is doing the same thing. The doors will not lock while driving if the door sensor is saying the door is open. This is a safety hazard. Also, if the door open sensor is saying the door is open once you have gotten out of your vehicle and shut the door, the interior light will stay on and this drains your battery.

- Piedmont, AL, USA

Jun 142016

My front driver side door ajar warning light stays illuminated whether the door is closed hard or soft, and completely closed. Once I reach speeds of 10mph while driving, the automatic locking feature does not work. If I push the lock button while driving, the doors automatically unlock. The warning light is constantly illuminated and my interior lights stay on for several minutes after my car is turned off even though the door is closed which is depleting my battery. This is a safety concern because I have 2 young kids behind these doors I cannot lock.

- La Marque, TX, USA

Jun 162016

The drive side door keeps saying ajar no matter how many times you close it. This causes a variety of issue because it is a sensor problem. The car will ding thinking that keys are not in the ignition and at times have caused the door not close. This also cause the interior lights to stay on when all doors are closed. This happens both when the vehicle is in motion and in park.

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Apr 302016

Vehicle keeps saying door ajar. Door seems to be shut but constantly says that it is still open. This keeps my lights on and I am scared the door is really messed up and my children may fall out of the door or my passengers. Its starting to pop up evem when I have not used the door in days. Then I have to open and close the door over and over again until it tell the that it is finally shut. The other night for example I was outside for 25 minutes trying to get the door to finally say it was shut. Please recall this issue.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Jun 012016

My door ajar light will not go off and it effects the battery. I have to keep slamming my door untils it finally goes off.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jun 272016

Edge loses power wrench comes

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Jun 092016

"door ajar" warning remains on continuously, as well as the overhead lights. Doors will not lock unless you try several times to open and close the door.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 212016

I have had my 2011 Ford Edge in to the dealer to repair the door ajar light three times now. They repaired it the previous two times and now they are saying it requires new door latches. This is a safety issue. I've research this and there are a number of complaints about this problem. The door will not lock when the light is on..the dome light stays on and runs the battery down. After seeing the number of instances of these problems I'm shocked there has not be a recall.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Aug 012015

The door ajar sensor keeps alerting - although door is not ajar - when car sits for any period of time this drains the battery. Have had to replace battery twice. Too expensive to have dealer repair.

- Gonzales, TX, USA

Jun 162016

Door ajar light, on. I went online and found out that a lot of Ford vehicles have this issue. The door ajar light keeps going on. Apparently I need to replace the door ajar switch.

- Monroe, NY, USA