3.2

2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Jun 012016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on, acts as if drivers door isn't closed. Also prevents us from locking vehicle up when we leave it. Started with only driver door. Now is rear drivers side door also. Concerned about safety of family and our valuables with this issue that shouldn't be happening.

- Woodlawn, IL, USA

Aug 042016

Edge

I have a loud popping noise when I turn to the left. When I pull into a parking stall and when I back out and U turns.its been to two differant shops. One shop replaced the strut, strut tower barring, lower a arm, axel, strut mount, and the power steering.the noise is still there.the next shop replaces the rack and pinion and its still there. Ithy said it is a break in the body weld some were but thy dont know were. I called Ford Motor Company and spok with a gentelman named mark but he was of no help to me. I tool the vehicle to a autobody shop but thy could not figuer it out either. If there is a break in the weld its is a unsafe car to drive. Mark from Ford moter company will not return my phone calls to try and help me resolve the issue.its been two months I have been dealing with this and I cant get no help the one time I spok with mark from Ford he was saying if the car cant be fixed he would take the steps to get me out of the car and into something else but like I said I have yet to seep with him.im to the piont that if we cant get this resolved im going to get a lawer.in the whole prosses im paying for a vehicle I dont want ro put my kids in let alone drive it not knowing if something will happen so pleas help me in any way possable.

- Porterville, CA, USA

Aug 222016

Edge

Purchased my 2011 Ford Edge in June/July of 2014 for jc lewis Ford in savannah, ga. Turns out there was an "extended warranty" in place because the brake booster's in this car have been failing. I'm not sure why they would have sold me a car without completing a repair or informing me of the possibility of malfunction. About a month ago, I was driving down the interstate at about 65 mph when I was cut off by another vehicle. When I went to tap the brakes to disengage the cruise control, nothing happened! I had to press the brakes about halfway down to get the cruise control to disengage and, even then, it felt like I did not have power brakes.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Sep 052016

Edge

Driver's door sensor is bad. Vehicle does not recognize that the driver's door is closed and will not lock or automatically turn off interior lights. At night, I have to back out of a long driveway only being able to use the backup camera. Once in forward motion, the light will eventually turn off but the driver's door will not lock. What is to prevent someone from walking up to and opening my car door while stopped at a traffic light?? on one occasion, the door ajar icon did not come on when starting the car but came on about 8 miles down the road. Also, when you park the car and lock it, it still does not recognize that the door is shut and does not automatically turn the lights off again. The Ford dealership wants around $600 to fix this issue, I paid them $65 to "clean the sensor" because the guy said that it might correct the issue or at least hold it off a while. I picked the car back up 3 days ago and now that door ajar light is on all the time. Before, I could at least open and close the door about 3-4 times and the light would go off.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Sep 192016

Edge

The driver side door sensor is bad. The vehicle is unsafe because the sensor remains on all the time even when the door is closed. So if the door is ever open, you would not know because all the sensors are bad so you assume it is just an error message. Also - on this vehicle - the brakes feel spongy at times and are not good, even though having the brakes looked at and they have checked as confirmed sound with new rotors and pads.

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Door ajar light stays on all the time, this cause the doors to not be able to lock, the interior light stays on for an extended period of time. When the interior lights stay on at night it makes driving difficult at times. The interior lights staying on in the winter time have also made it drain the battery down so vehicle has to be jump started.

- Colchester, IL, USA

Jul 152015

Edge

Door ajar light remains on-vehicle will not lock while in motion-interior lights will not turn off while parked-electrical components drain battery as if the door remains open at all times even when the door is closed-needs to be recalled and fixed for Ford owners as this is not the only Ford vehicle with this problem-Ford needs to stand behind their product and step

- Clayton, NC, USA

Apr 152016

Edge

My back up camera is very erratic. Sometimes the image comes on the screen upside down and sometimes not at all. Sometimes the sreen if filled with yellow lines interfering with the image as well.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA

Sep 022016

Edge

I was on my way to work on 9/2/16 making a left hand turn when I loss acceleration. The car was still running but I had no gas pedal. I was able to limp to the side of the road, thank god I did not get rear ended. The panel showed a wrench. I was towed to a shop and they cleaned the throttle body and said I should be good to go. Well yesterday got up to go to the grocery store and the same thing happened, no acceleration. It took me 20 mins to get around the block and back into my garage. My car only has appx. 40,000 miles and I feel it is unsafe to drive. Upon researching this problem I am not the only one having this problem. As you can see hear www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2011/engine/loses_power_wrench_light_on.shtml. I feel like Ford's is waiting for someone to get hurt or worse to address this issue. Any help you may offer would be appreciated.

- Wyandotte, MI, USA

Aug 262016

Edge

Door latch and door ajar light issues. When the door is closed, the door ajar warning light remains on. This causes several safety issues. It will not allow for the door to lock. The dome lights remain on whether the vehicle is parked or driving. The domes lights remaining on will also drain the car battery. It has been repaired by the dealer two times prior, but the repair doesn't last long. This is a major issue for the vehicle.

- Bayport, NY, USA

Feb 152016

Edge

Two door ajar lights on our 2011 Edge remain on at all times. Bea aide of this I am forced to drive at night with the interior lights on. This is unsafe and very distracting for us and other drivers. One of these doors is my daughters which we are very uneasy about. We are aware how big this problem is and people are desperate for help!!! I wrote to Ford but they said they can't help because there are no recalls and they can't find any record of our car being at a Ford dealer so I just sent them the invoice. I cannot believe there are so many vehicles with the same problem and Ford won't do anything about it.

- Blakely, PA, USA

Aug 192016

Edge

After the car is srarted the door ajar warning is displayed. The warning can be cleared, but the power door locks malfunction. The doors will lock, but they imediatly unlock. This is the case anytime, anywhere the car is running. Going on for several months.

- Washington, IL, USA

Jul 182016

Edge

The door ajar warning will not turn off. Makes it impossible to lock the doors when traveling,

- Marion, OH, USA

Aug 022016

Edge

Safety recall driver door sencer on my dash board registers my door isn't closed. Dome light stays on and my doors won't lock.no matter how many times U close it it won't cut off. Concerns me because what if my door isn't closed and it opens up while driving. I just bought this car used. I also smell burning rubbery hey my vents when idling.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Feb 102016

Edge

Drivers side door latch not working - causing warning light and not enabling safety/security systems to engage when driving vehicle. Vehicle is stationary, happens when getting in and out of car. Also, dome lights remain on after car is parked causing battery to die.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

May 152016

Edge

The door ajar light is staying on even after the door is shut. The interior and outside lights will stay on after shutting door, causing the vehicle to lose battery power if not detected early. If it is daylight this may be hard to see. It also does not let you engage the alarm, or even worse the alarm will go off for no apparent reason, also draining the battery if not detected early. I've only had this car a few months, but has been a problem since day one. I thought it was something that I was doing wrong until I did a little research and found out that I was not the only one having this problem.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning light comes on because of a faulty sensor. Only comes on when vehicle is first started and makes the automatic locks useless. Interior light stays on, doors will not lock automatically, or can they be locked remotely. Seems to be a very common issue with many Ford products.

- Liberty Twp, OH, USA

Aug 052016

Edge

My vehicle smells like gas after 5 minutes driving. Took the vehicle to the dealer they could tell me the problem and insisted they did not smell nothing. I very concern. I can't drive the vehicle like this. The gas smell its bad. I found a recall on the body control module on this vehicle. Please help me fixed this problem.

- Southington, CT, USA

Dec 152015

Edge

The driver side door sensor is continually saying the door is open, when it is closed. The lights stay on, the locks won't lock while driving.

- Lakeville, MI, USA

Jul 162016

Edge

Car wil gradually slow down leading to a complete stop. Power to the engine seems to decrease and speed slows. Happened 4 times over several weeks. It would happen then an hour later car would be completely fine and drive ok for a few days and then happen again. Happened when the car was driving at 30-50 mph on normal city streets (not highway) we took it to the dealer, where they identified the throttle body as the cause of the issue. Our VIN is not eligible for the replacement program though; which we do not understand - meets the year/make/model and characteristics of issue. Ever since we purchased the car we have also had lingering electrical issues - separate of the throttle body, that no one has been able to identify -- drive door light says open and it's not, taillights randomly flash when car is off and no one is in car, etc. We are thinking this one was just a dud. We also own another Ford Edge 2014 model - no issues. Car is currently being repaired for the throttle body issue. We can provide receipts / info once we pick it up. Called Ford and they said that vehicles identified for the recall were based on date of manufacture and location - they must've missed us.

- Trussville, AL, USA