3.2

2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 8)

Aug 012015

Edge

The door ajar indicator remains on. The dome light stays on and the doors will not lock. 2nd occurrence with this vehicle and now the dealer wants $500 to repair it. This occurs immediately when the vehicle is first started and remains on the entire time the vehicle is running.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 172015

Edge

Please recall Ford Edge 2011 door latch. Works improperly leaving door ajar and dome light on. This has burned up one battery. Other Ford door latches have been recalled.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Nov 102015

Edge

Door ajar not turning off

- Minnetonka, MN, USA

Nov 232015

Edge

Vehicle losses all throttle control vehicle does not shut off but the wrench light comes on the dash and has no throttle response. I have to turn vehicle off then restart to reset the computer. Every thing works great for a couple days then it does it again. I have had this happen in the middle of a intersection, on I 95, I 64, I 264, coming close to being hit on passenger side in a intersection with my grand baby in the vehicle. I have had the vehicle in the dealership here in Norfolk Virginia. They charge me $125 and said they could not duplicate the problem. The dealer also stated they think it might be a throttle body. I told them to put one on it and they told me that they don't just replace parts. I picked it up from the dealership and 2 days later it did this again. You could be doing 60, 65. Or 25 when it decides to lose throttle control. In the middle of a intersection turning or going 60 mph on the interstate it don't matter. I feel this is a safety concern and needs to be addressed. You can read about people with the same problem on the internet.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

The driver door ajar indicator stays on even after closing the door. Cannot lock the doors and the interior dome lights stay on after closing the door.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Aug 012014

Edge

My door ajar sign won't turn off when I shut my door.I have had it to Ford twice and they wouldn't put new one on they just cleaned it.there should be a recall they told me this happens all the time 2010-2014 models

- Westerville, OH, USA

Sep 202015

Edge

The driver door ajar light keeps coming on causing the interior light to stay on and car not to lock. Weather you are parking or trying to drive away, you have to open and close the door a bunch of times for it to acknowledge the door is shut.

- Durham, NC, USA

Nov 112014

Edge

The car does not detect that the vehicle is in park and the "shift to park" warning continues to sound even though the car is actually in park.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Oct 282015

Edge

Just driving down the road-it has happened in city driving slow and on interstate driving fast- vehicle goes limp and red wrench lite comes on. It has happened 3 times in 2weeks. I have to coast to side of road, put car in park and restart then everything is fine. You never know when it is going to happen. This is very dangerous and someone is gonna get killed! when putting vehicle on the machine it will not read code because wrench lite goes off when U kill and restart it. This seems to be happening on other Ford and Lincoln models from what I'm reading on forums. Ford needs to recall and fix this problem asap!

- Minden, LA, USA

Aug 252015

Edge

Door ajar light comes on and stays on and interior lights will not got out and at night time this is a real hazard from being blinded from the lights and you can't turn them off, also the door locks will not set because of this switch and other safety hazard. It happen about 1 month ago and has been a ongoing problem.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Sep 212015

Edge

The door ajar sensor does not register that the door is closed.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Apr 152015

Edge

The left rear door ajar light comes on and does not go off even when the door is shut. Also, the interior lights stay on for up to an hour after parking the car, and for 3-5 minutes after starting the car. This is extremely dangerous when driving at night. It has also killed a battery already.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jul 212012

Edge

A message saying 'driver door ajar' appears on the console even when the door is tightly shut. If I try to lock the doors the car would just unlock all doors even while I'm driving. This is very dangerous especially for someone like me who drives my kids to the daycare and school everyday. At nighttime, the internal lights would also not turn off because the car thinks that one of the doors is open. Not only is it draining the battery, it is also basically broadcasting to everyone that the car is open. I have had this problem occur on the car in almost every year I owned it (4 years). It has been to the dealership a number of times. They fix it but it keeps coming back particularly in the summer time. I feel like it should be recalled and I have raised the issue with the dealership and all I hear is 'oh that is a very common problem' but it doesn't seem like they are working on providing a more permanent fix. They need to realize how unsafe driving with all doors unlocked is.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 052015

Edge

Door ajar and latch problem. * door ajar signal stays on when door is closed * interior light stays on when door is closed * door won't lock while vehicle is moving

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Jun 262015

Edge

This the fourth time door sensor (door not closed) appears and inside dome light is on while driving dash is lite up and worst of all the doors donot lock which concerns us due to having small grand kids in back seating area. If they open door and take their seat belt off we can not stop car fast enough.

- Blanchester, OH, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

The door ajar light stays on for both the driver side and passenger side doors. This is causing the interior lights to stay on and is draining my battery. It is also causing the interior light to stay on at night which is making it hard to see. The doors won't lock when in drive because of this problem too.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Sep 012015

Edge

I believe the electronic throttle body has failed as the Edge has similar malfunctions as other Ford affected by the defective throttle body. The Edge dies in the middle of driving and display a wrench on the sync system.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jul 132015

Edge

Rear door(s) show ajar even though the door(s) are closed. I open and close the door(s) and the computer reads them as being ajar and the interior lights stay on for awhile. I can't set my alarm because of the problem. In researching the problem on the web I found out that there are alot of people having the same problem on their Ford products.

- Tustin, CA, USA

Aug 262015

Edge

Driver door ajar warning popped up when I got into my car in the morning. Closed it multiple times but would not go away and interior lights remained on. Dealership stated there is a tsb for this issue and they will need to remove door panel, lubricate mechanism and reset mechanism. Car was fine. Next day, driver door ajar lit up while driving. Was unable to get warning to go away. Interior lights remain on. Mechanism is stiffer now and locked into place when I was trying to get the warning to go away and I was unable to close the door. After a unlocking/locking, opening door handle, finally was able to get mechanism to move so the door could be closed. Interior lights remained on because warning light remains. I paid $100 warranty deductible to get it fixed and now it is worse. Ford - report as recall and fix this!! what if it gets stuck again while I am in the car? I will not be able to get out by driver side door. I also don't want to be stuck with a dead battery. I am female!!

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Aug 262015

Edge

Vehicle lost power while driving on busy highway. I95 miami southbound express lanes. Wrench light came on, engine was shaking baldy. Limited soft shoulder. Wife was very scared

- Coral Springs, FL, USA