3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 9 of 17)

Sep 012014

Edge

Unable to lock doors from within cabin due to door ajar sensor. Child easily opens door while driving. Had a stranger open my door and got in passenger seat thinking it was his mothers car, than goodness he did not have a gun. Lack of safety and security function.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Jul 282015

Edge

The is closed and the door ajar warning is coming up and not leaving. I have to close the door 10+ times sometime to get the warning to go away. It leaves the light on and runs the battery.

- Temple Hills , MD, USA

Aug 252015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. After starting the vehicle, the front driver side door ajar sensor illuminated erroneously, indicating that the door was not closed. When the failure occurred, the interior dome light would remain illuminated for an extended period. While operating the vehicle, an audible alarm would activate and a warning message to park the vehicle would display. The cause of the failure was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 48,700.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 072015

Edge

The driver's side "door ajar" light stays on even after door has shut and been slammed. The interior light stays on while slowly moving, eventually the inside light turns off but when you stop, the car starts dinging and reads "put vehicle in park" I believe this is a safety issue because when leaving a driveway or parking lot at night, you cannot see anything around you outside because of the interior light remaining on until you reach a speed of around 10-15 mph. I'm worried that I may strike an object or person because of visibility issues.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

Drivers door ajar light wont go off no matter what I do to it. Causing the dome light to stay on while driving and not being able to lock the doors at all. I contacted my local Ford dealer and they told me to try cleaning it with some wd 40 and if that doesn't work to bring it in and they will run some tests on it which would cost me over 300 bucks and then they would go ahead and change the door latch which would cost me another 200 dollars or so and couldn't guarantee that the problem wouldn't come back. A lot of complaints about this same problem Ford needs to step up to the plate and fix the problem.

- Slatington, PA, USA

Nov 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While in park, the doors failed to lock electronically from inside the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- La Puent, CA, USA

Jul 242015

Edge

The door ajar warning stays on even when door is closed. At night, the interior lights stay on for 30 seconds- reducing visibility. When driving in slow traffic or after moving from a stop, vehicle beeps and says to shift into park, and then vanishes. Distracting and annoying! mileage at 66K.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Aug 112015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door ajar warning light illuminated while the door was closed. The contact mentioned that the doors only locked manually. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 21,000.

- Sterling Heights , MI, USA

Sep 102014

Edge

Have had the same issues with both the driver door and rear passenger (drivers side) latch or sensor improperly working. Both door latches and or sensors malfunctions make the door ajar light in the instrument panel stay lit, and makes the overhead lights stay on. The interior light staying on makes it difficult to drive at night and also drains the battery.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 192014

Edge

The door ajar does not shut off.no matter how I close the door.at all stop signs red lights it continues to tell me to shift to park because of "door ajar".the interior dome light will not shut off because of the "door ajar".I cant see out my rear view mirror because of the interior dome light.im afraid to drive the car I never know if im going to fall out while driving due to "door ajar".I brought it in to Ford for repair later found out they just "cleaned the wiring".9 months later problem is back and even worse. Something needs to be done about this.

- Worcester , MA, USA

May 172015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver door ajar warning indicator illuminated when the door was closed. The contact mentioned that due to the failure the door was unable to be locked from the inside. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 072015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor light is faulty. The sensor light will not go off and therefor the doors do not lock and the dome light does not go off. Took my car to the dealership and as soon as I told him the problem he told me what kind of car I was driving. This tells me that I'm not the only one with this problem. I feel as though there should be a recall as there is some danger that the doors do not lock.

- Keareny, NE, USA

Jul 302015

Edge

Door ajar and latch issue *door ajar signal stays on when door is close *interior lights stays on *inability to lock doors while in vehicle *faulty latch these safety issues are all one issue these are safety issues and are all one issue. The dome lights stays on and creates a night driving hazard. The dome lights stays on and creates a safety hazard when sitting in a public area at night. The false door ajar signal prevents the driver from recognizing a real door ajar situation very dangerous. The doors will not lock which is a major safety issue. The warning lights of parking comes

- Clermont, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Edge

Known problem with Ford Edge based on numerous complaints. Driver side door ajar sensor goes off crippling door lock mechanism. Not only do lights stay on draining battery but unable to lock door presents safety problem. Ford has a tsb for electrical cleaning but that is not effective over time. Problems repeats itself with only known fix to be door latch replacement.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

Whenever I entry the vehicle and attempt to close the drivers door, the door ajar warning light comes on. If I don't continue to close the door (at least 4 times) the dome light stays on. The car tells me to put the car in park. When I lock it with the remote, it will beep twice instead of once, a warning that the car is not secure. I can no longer lock or unlock the drivers side by using my hand if the key is on my person. I can do that from the passenger side. My alarm goes off as my car is sitting in my drive way. I had the car diagnosed at the local Ford dealer. It is a faulty driver door switch. Speaking with Ford directly and the dealer, I am told that this is not covered because my car is no longer under warranty. This is occurring because the switch is faulty. When researching this problem, it appears to be an ongoing problem and a safety issue. I purchased this expensive Ford new and have always had it serviced at the dealers. I don't understand why Ford does not see this as a problem and active a recall. Thank you.

- Bellefonte, PA, USA

Mar 072013

Edge

Door sensor does not allow door to lock. Dash indicates door is not closed and tells you to put vehical in park. Problem continues to come back. Dealer has had it 5 times. They will not replace sensor.... just clean it. This is safety issue.

- Williamsville, NY, USA

Jul 222015

Edge

I was driving home from work and the driver information center displayed "driver door ajar" when the door was definatly shut and locked. After a few minutes this alarm went away and it returned a few days later on my way to the store. The frequency of this problem has been increasing and now my car alarm sounds off seemingly at will, mid-day or midnight because the computer thinks someone opened the door without the key. Last night it was going off at 4am. I am concerned that interelated safety equipment might not function because the computer thinks the door is open. This problem also prevents the auto-lock function from working, so someone could open my door at a redlight or in traffic. The repair bill for this problem is just over five hundred dollars. This is clearly an example of inferior parts costing the defenseless consumer money and Ford Motor Co. Repeat customers. If you do an online search, you will see that this is a common problem.

- Eagleville, TN, USA

Jul 222015

Edge

Warning light for drivers side door is on with door completely closed. Shift into park warning flashes while vehicle is under way. Radio presets went to default. Updated 09/08/15 updated 12/16/2015

- Rotonda West, FL, USA

Jul 032015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While backing out of a parking lot, the front driver side door ajar warning light illuminated even when the door was securely closed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000. Updated 09/21/15

- Holmem, WI, USA

Jun 102015

Edge 6-cyl

2fmdk4jcxcba79557 without injury or change by us to the car, the "door ajar" warning began showing up in the instrument panel. The door is securely closed. The warning is on the panel, the warning beep is sounding, and the interior light remains on until you drive forward about 30 feet. This makes backing out of parking spaces, driveways, etc difficult because there is no way to see where you are going because of the bright light. Lubricating the door latch assembly does nothing to help. Updated 10/9/15.......updated 10/19/15 updated 12/21/15

- Menomonie, WI, USA