2013 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 7)

Sep 022015

Edge

Door ajar sensor in driver door remains in "ajar" status even when door is closed. This causes an unsafe driving condition with the following: 1. continuous alert 2. dome light remains lit, causing vision issue while night driving 3. doors will not lock the last one is the most concerning as it could create a situation where a door may accidentally be opened during vehicle operation. Also could create issues in higher crime areas at stoplights (someone could access the car due to not being locked) this site requires me to list a date when this happened, and I have entered the first day I remember it, but it is an ongoing issue.

- Verona, WI, USA

Dec 072015

Edge

Both the driver and driver side passenger door latches and sensor failed. The sensor believes that the doors are ajar when in fact they are not. Because of this failure the interior lights stay on while driving until you reach a certain speed. This is especially dangerous at night because it is hard to see out. The interior lights also stay on for a very long time after you turn the vehicle off. If you take this in to be fixed it costs at least $345.

- Bennington, NE, USA

Dec 072015

Edge

Drivers side door ajar indicator continuously going off when door is shut. Continues to stay on after several attempts to shut door to make alarm go off. Makes it a driving distraction.. has been an ongoing issue and we just took it to the dealership to have repaired. Our extended warranty will not cover the problem and the dealership wanted over $500 to repair. We cannot afford the repair right now so we have to deal with it until we can. Again, a major driving distraction

- Rio Vista, CA, USA

Oct 152015

Edge

The vehicle does not sense the drivers side front door is fully closed. This results in the doors not locking when the vehicle is parked or in motion. It also causes the interior lights to stay on for a long time. I think that both of these issues are a safety hazard.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Nov 262015

Edge

Once again the door ajar light comes on even when the car is parked, and all doors/hatch are properly closed. I have to slam the driver's door very hard multiple times before it will go off and allow the vehicle to be locked, and the alarm to be set!!! my car has less than 40,000 miles on it. The frustrating thing is I reported this to the dealer in June and they claim there was no problem. Well, they were wrong, very wrong!

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Nov 052015

Edge

The door latch is defective. It reads that the door is ajar when it is really closed.

- Midland, NC, USA

Jan 012015

Edge

When closing drivers door interior lights remain on will not shut off after repeated trys to reclose door. Also door ajar light in dash remains on. Cannot trust warning display if door is properly shut. Have had problem checked and told the door ajar switch is malfunctioning. Happens 90% of the time.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Driver door shows ajar even when closed. Have to close multiple times to get the switch to recognize it is closed.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Oct 132015

Edge

Door adjar warning keeps coming on even after door is shut hard. Been told it's a faulty door latch assembly by dealer. Vehicle does this when stationary.

- Maple Valley, WA, USA

Sep 282015

Edge

Driver door ajar alarm. Door is closed but switch is not made up. This prevents the doors from being locked from inside the vehicle. If the lock switch is actuated, 2 seconds later it unlocks all doors. This could be hazardous with small children in the vehicle or when driving in a bad neighborhood. Ford has known about this problem for years but refuses to recall because it is not deemed a safety issue by them.

- East Palatka, FL, USA

Jun 012014

Edge

The driver side door lock, specifically the door ajar sensor, started malfunctioning after approximately one year of ownership. This causes a safety concern because as long as the door ajar error appears on the message window, the computer will not allow any of the doors to lock. I am concerned that the occupant(s) could be ejected from the vehicle in the event of a crash or a rollover. Additionally, the dealer wants between $300 and $500 to replace the faulty part (cost $90) due to having to dismantle the door to access the part. I have researched this on the internet and found there are do it yourselfers repairing or disabling the sensor, which could create other dangers if the door is not properly reconstructed. Further internet research revealed this problem has been occurring since about 1996 and it is a known problem across several models and platforms (cars, trucks and SUV's). The other minor annoyance is that the interior lights do not go off as long as the sensor is activated, causing battery drain and security issues.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 012014

Edge

When my driver's side door is closed, the door open sensor chimes & the door open indicator is lit up on the dashboard. If I silence it, the light remains on and anytime I come to a stop and my foot is removed from the brake, the alarms start chiming again. I took it to the dealership on 10/3/14 for this issue as well as two other issue, one of which is part of the door panel popping apart. When I got the car back, the problem no longer existed. Fast forward to this last month. The door was again becoming an issue. Meaning, the problem existed every time I closed my door but if I kept closing and opening the door, eventually after 5-6 times, the car would register the door as closed. I made an apt telling the service guy that I was having the problem again and we made an apt. I dropped off my car yesterday at 3:30. We got a call at 4 pm stating our car is no longer under warranty as we are over our 36,000 mileage limit (we are at 39,000). I reminded him it was covered because the issue was reported last year when they fixed it. He (sam) told me that he had gone through my invoices and there is no record of this work being done. I then said maybe they fixed it and forgot to write it down. I was told no that could not happen. I said they had to take the door panel off for the other issue and I was told that was nowhere near the sensor. I went to the parts counter and was told that indeed, the sensor is on the Edge of the door and you would need to remove the panel to get to it. They told me that they would not cover it. I then informed them of how many other people are having the same issue so it is obviously not a wear and tear or personal mistreatment issue and that Ford should not be shirking their responsibility and I was told my car was being brought around. Ugh. So it is still not fixed and I am expected to come out of pocket to fix it. I can tell you this.

- Spokane Valley, WA, USA

May 062014

Edge

Door ajar warning light will not go off when door is closed and the doors will not lock.

- Rosevill, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

The door ajar light will not go off and doors will not lock.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While driving at approximately 50 mph, the door ajar warning light for the driver side door illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,507.

- Madison , WI, USA

Jun 112015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door failed to close or lock, which caused the interior lighting to remain on and drain the battery. The contact mentioned that no warning indicators were illuminated prior to the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 38,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Port St.. Lucie, FL, USA

Mar 152015

Edge

The door lock sensor has become defective on the car causing the door ajar warning to stay on at all times. Being a nurse, I go to work very early and travel for 30 miles each way. When this isn't sensor isn't working the doors will not lock while the key is in the ignition and there is a constant dinging noise to close the door again every time I stop. Driving to downtown dallas is very unsafe in the my car now. The interior lights stay on for miles and it is hard to drive in the dark with the interior lights on. Two dealerships say this is a known problem on the Ford Edge and they have received bulletins on the problem but no recall. They say the sensor needs to be taken out and cleaned, it is not broken therefore the warranty nor extended warranty will not cover the $400 repair. Please help make Ford fix this problem by issuing a recall....updated 10/29/15

- Terrell, TX, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed, interior light stays on, inability to lock doors while in vehicle.

- San Diego, CO, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

The driver's door ajar light on the dash instrument cluster and the interior lights stay illuminated even when the door is completely shut. The door needs to be slammed several times before the light extinguishes, but sometimes will not go out at all. This leaves driver with an insecure feeling the car door is not securely closed while driving. This problem seems to be widespread on this model vehicle from what I read on the internet.

- Gardnerville, NV, USA

May 152015

Edge

Driver door agar light comes on and stays on. I have to repetitively slam my door fifteen to twenty times for light to go off. When this happens the inside dome light stays on and it is draining my battery. I have contacted Ford since the vehicle is out of warranty it is my responsibility. This is a common problem with Ford vehicles and I voiced my concern to them and told them they need to do a recall and fix this problem and it should be at Ford's expense not owners expense. Ford customer service said to save my receipt if there is an upcoming recall.

- Richmond, KY, USA