2013 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 4 of 7)

Dec 142015

Edge

Drivers side door ajar warning indicator will not shut off. The interior dome light stays on until approx moving 5mph. A few times the light came back on when stopped at a red light or stop sign. The doors will not stay locked, as the system thinks the door is open. After stopping and exiting the vehicle, you are unable to lock the door using the key less entry keypad. The only way to lock the doors is to use the key fob. This was an intermittent problem, now the warning light stays on all the time.

- Mishawaka, IN, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

My driver door ajar light stays on and will not lock the doors even though it is clearly shut completely. This allows the dome light to remain on also. After several times of opening and shutting it finally registers that it is closed. Had my mechanic look at it he cleaned it and lubed it which cleared it for a day but is doing it again. Looks like it needs a whole new door latch. I have found many complaints about this same issue but no recall from Ford. This has been happening for approx. 1 month but has gotten progressively worse.

- Lerna, IL, USA

Mar 212016

Edge

My driver side door ajar alarm is constantly activated, even when the door is shut tightly. Because the door ajar is always activated my car alarm has started going off randomly, so now I can no longer lock my car without fear that the alarm will be set off while I'm away from the vehicle. While driving the sensor for the door ajar keeps dinging, which is very distracting and causes confusion. It also refuses to go off no matter how many times I try closing the door, so there is no way so stop the dinging or alarms while the vehicle is in operation.

- Sioux Lookout, On, MN, USA

Feb 202016

Edge

Driver door ajar light stays on even when door is closed. This prevents the interior light from going off. This is a safety concern while driving at night due to it causing visibility issues to have the light on. It also prevents the doors from automatically locking while driving which is a big safety concern. Anyone could open my car doors while stopped at a signal light or parked in parking lot. If you try to manually lock the door it will automatically unlock again. Ford needs to recall this part immediately. This issue is affecting many Ford owners with various models spanning 2007-2014 and it happens after the warranty expires. My problem started at 39,0000 miles and the warrant expired at 36,000 miles.

- West Jordan, UT, USA

Jan 232015

Edge

Door ajar light and warning tones remain on when the driver's door is closed. Interior lights remain on. Doors can not be locked properly...

- Loveland, CO, USA

Feb 052016

Edge

Driver door ajar warning sign and the door would not lock whether stationary or in motion. It poses a safety hazard as it prevents you from locking the doors while driving the vehicle. I had the same problem last year and I had it fixed at a local Ford service center but the door latch sensor is malfunctioning again. There should be a recall for this part malfunction as it presents a safety hazard.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Feb 032016

Edge

Takata recall: Driver side door sensor indicator stays on which causes the interior light to stay on. At night it's very difficult to see will backing up this is very unsafe and has cause me to back into trash can. I'm very fortunate it wasn't a person or vehicle. My doors will not lock this can be very dangerous due to the fact I Transport down some high crime areas. Also my gas cap seal doesn't seal properly when I get gas my car is hard to start.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Mar 042015

Edge

Driver side door sensor claims the door is open when it is not. The lights inside the vehicle stay on and the dash will say driver door ajar. If you shift to drive, then the car will ding and ask you to shift to park.

- Orient, OH, USA

Mar 032016

Edge

My Ford Edge 2013 is not turning off the overhead lights when I close the driver side door and when driving I get a warning stating that the door is ajar.sometimes after slamming the driver door two to three times it goes away.it has become quiet annoying and dangerous when I drive since it becomes a constant distraction.I have gone to the dealer and they state that either the sensor or the latch have become faulty..really?...I think its about time for Ford to do a recall and correct this issue since I have talked to other Ford owners with the same exact issue in there offices.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Mar 152016

Edge

The drivers door is showing open on the instrument panel even when closed. There is also and audible alarm warning that the door is not closed. The door lock feature will not engage when the vehicle is in motion. I am unsure if the door is safely latched at all

- Seneca, SC, USA

Mar 102016

Edge

The door open sensor comes on when I am driving when the door is actually closed and then the interior light comes on, it will also come on when I am parked when it is closed. I had it replaced within the last year and it is doing exactly the same thing again. Also when my Edge is parked in the garage overnight it will smell like fuel in the mornings. It smells like there is a leak.

- Newton, KS, USA

Dec 012013

Edge

Door ajar light goes on. Have taken the car in several times for the same thing still not fixed. This weekend soon after I bought the car I do not remember the date they will have it at the mechanic I'm sure or somewhere in my file folders

- Pinon Hills, Ca., CA, USA

Dec 132015

Edge

On or about December 2015, the drivers' side door will be firmly closed and the 'door ajar' alarm will continually sound when the vehicle is started. The door ajar alarm will repeatedly sound despite repeated opening and closing of the door. The interior lights will not turn off until the vehicle is in motion for about 100 feet, the door locks will not function (stay unlocked), and the door ajar alarm will continually sound when the vehicle comes to a complete stop or slows down to less than 5 miles per hour. This happens approximately 9 times out of 10 that the vehicle is turned on and driven. This occurs when in motion, stationary, on our driveway, on the city streets or other roadways, etc.

- Frontenac, KS, USA

Feb 292016

Edge

The door ajar sensor on the driver side door stopped working (making the car think the door was open when it was in fact closed). This prevents the car from locking while driving (a safety issue) and also causes the dome lights to remain on while driving (a further safety issue). It also causes the driver display to beep and make distracting popup menus while driving, which can distract the driver. I previously have taken the car in for this issue, but it has re-occurred on the same door. Then I googled it and have found that this is a very common issue with lots of Ford door sensors dating back several years.

- Altadena, CA, USA

Feb 092016

Edge

Door ajar light often stays on or suddenly comes on with the door closed. When it happens, the doors will not lock (or will unlock) and the interior light comes on. This makes it very difficult to see when it happens at night and nearly impossible to back up at night. It will sometime happen when the car is just sitting in the garage without the engine running and no passengers in it. I believe this is dangerous for many reasons. Again, it has happened sitting, when first started and when I am driving down the road. I will put in a date below but it has happened on multiple occasions.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Feb 142016

Edge

Door latch incorrectly reports that the door is open when it is not. This turns the interior lights on and drains the battery, also will not let you turn on the alarm. Also makes you pull over to shut the door. Had it in for service twice and they fixed it, at lease for a little while, than it came back. Happens all the time, but not everytime.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Feb 022016

Edge

With all doors closed securely, the door ajar warning sounds. It seems to be only the drivers door at this time. When the door ajar warning is active, the dome lights stay on, the doors will not lock, and there is a persistent chime that sounds. This happens when in park, in drive, and while travelling down the road. Car has been to dealer for this, once during warranty, and recently while out of warranty. Dealer wants $433.14 to repair, even though this is a known issue.

- Holt, MI, USA

Jan 132016

Edge

Door ajar notification stays on when door is closed, drivers door. Interior lights stay on making the vehicle unsafe to operate at night.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

Door ajar switch keeps malfunctioning. Door will be completely closed and warning light comes on saying driver's door is still open. Interior lights stay on and warning light comes on to tell you to put the transmission in park. Found many people on the internet with same problem. Ford charging $300 to $500 to replace switch. We have taking it to Ford and they said it just needed adjustment. Switch is now malfunctioning again after less than a year being fixed.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 112016

Edge

Car displays a warning light indicating that the driver's door is not properly closed. Ford dealer cleaned and adjusted door latch but the problem has reoccurred.

- Hackensack, MN, USA