2013 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Feb 032016

Takata recall: Driver side door sensor indicator stays on which causes the interior light to stay on. At night it's very difficult to see will backing up this is very unsafe and has cause me to back into trash can. I'm very fortunate it wasn't a person or vehicle. My doors will not lock this can be very dangerous due to the fact I Transport down some high crime areas. Also my gas cap seal doesn't seal properly when I get gas my car is hard to start.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Mar 042015

Driver side door sensor claims the door is open when it is not. The lights inside the vehicle stay on and the dash will say driver door ajar. If you shift to drive, then the car will ding and ask you to shift to park.

- Orient, OH, USA

Mar 032016

My Ford Edge 2013 is not turning off the overhead lights when I close the driver side door and when driving I get a warning stating that the door is ajar.sometimes after slamming the driver door two to three times it goes has become quiet annoying and dangerous when I drive since it becomes a constant distraction.I have gone to the dealer and they state that either the sensor or the latch have become faulty..really?...I think its about time for Ford to do a recall and correct this issue since I have talked to other Ford owners with the same exact issue in there offices.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Mar 152016

The drivers door is showing open on the instrument panel even when closed. There is also and audible alarm warning that the door is not closed. The door lock feature will not engage when the vehicle is in motion. I am unsure if the door is safely latched at all

- Seneca, SC, USA

Mar 102016

The door open sensor comes on when I am driving when the door is actually closed and then the interior light comes on, it will also come on when I am parked when it is closed. I had it replaced within the last year and it is doing exactly the same thing again. Also when my Edge is parked in the garage overnight it will smell like fuel in the mornings. It smells like there is a leak.

- Newton, KS, USA

Dec 012013

Door ajar light goes on. Have taken the car in several times for the same thing still not fixed. This weekend soon after I bought the car I do not remember the date they will have it at the mechanic I'm sure or somewhere in my file folders

- Pinon Hills, Ca., CA, USA

Dec 132015

On or about December 2015, the drivers' side door will be firmly closed and the 'door ajar' alarm will continually sound when the vehicle is started. The door ajar alarm will repeatedly sound despite repeated opening and closing of the door. The interior lights will not turn off until the vehicle is in motion for about 100 feet, the door locks will not function (stay unlocked), and the door ajar alarm will continually sound when the vehicle comes to a complete stop or slows down to less than 5 miles per hour. This happens approximately 9 times out of 10 that the vehicle is turned on and driven. This occurs when in motion, stationary, on our driveway, on the city streets or other roadways, etc.

- Frontenac, KS, USA

Feb 292016

The door ajar sensor on the driver side door stopped working (making the car think the door was open when it was in fact closed). This prevents the car from locking while driving (a safety issue) and also causes the dome lights to remain on while driving (a further safety issue). It also causes the driver display to beep and make distracting popup menus while driving, which can distract the driver. I previously have taken the car in for this issue, but it has re-occurred on the same door. Then I googled it and have found that this is a very common issue with lots of Ford door sensors dating back several years.

- Altadena, CA, USA

Feb 092016

Door ajar light often stays on or suddenly comes on with the door closed. When it happens, the doors will not lock (or will unlock) and the interior light comes on. This makes it very difficult to see when it happens at night and nearly impossible to back up at night. It will sometime happen when the car is just sitting in the garage without the engine running and no passengers in it. I believe this is dangerous for many reasons. Again, it has happened sitting, when first started and when I am driving down the road. I will put in a date below but it has happened on multiple occasions.

- Pooler, GA, USA

Feb 142016

Door latch incorrectly reports that the door is open when it is not. This turns the interior lights on and drains the battery, also will not let you turn on the alarm. Also makes you pull over to shut the door. Had it in for service twice and they fixed it, at lease for a little while, than it came back. Happens all the time, but not everytime.

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Feb 022016

With all doors closed securely, the door ajar warning sounds. It seems to be only the drivers door at this time. When the door ajar warning is active, the dome lights stay on, the doors will not lock, and there is a persistent chime that sounds. This happens when in park, in drive, and while travelling down the road. Car has been to dealer for this, once during warranty, and recently while out of warranty. Dealer wants $433.14 to repair, even though this is a known issue.

- Holt, MI, USA

Jan 132016

Door ajar notification stays on when door is closed, drivers door. Interior lights stay on making the vehicle unsafe to operate at night.

- Moorpark, CA, USA

Dec 012015

Door ajar switch keeps malfunctioning. Door will be completely closed and warning light comes on saying driver's door is still open. Interior lights stay on and warning light comes on to tell you to put the transmission in park. Found many people on the internet with same problem. Ford charging $300 to $500 to replace switch. We have taking it to Ford and they said it just needed adjustment. Switch is now malfunctioning again after less than a year being fixed.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 112016

Car displays a warning light indicating that the driver's door is not properly closed. Ford dealer cleaned and adjusted door latch but the problem has reoccurred.

- Hackensack, MN, USA

Sep 022015

Door ajar sensor in driver door remains in "ajar" status even when door is closed. This causes an unsafe driving condition with the following: 1. continuous alert 2. dome light remains lit, causing vision issue while night driving 3. doors will not lock the last one is the most concerning as it could create a situation where a door may accidentally be opened during vehicle operation. Also could create issues in higher crime areas at stoplights (someone could access the car due to not being locked) this site requires me to list a date when this happened, and I have entered the first day I remember it, but it is an ongoing issue.

- Verona, WI, USA

Dec 072015

Both the driver and driver side passenger door latches and sensor failed. The sensor believes that the doors are ajar when in fact they are not. Because of this failure the interior lights stay on while driving until you reach a certain speed. This is especially dangerous at night because it is hard to see out. The interior lights also stay on for a very long time after you turn the vehicle off. If you take this in to be fixed it costs at least $345.

- Bennington, NE, USA

Dec 072015

Drivers side door ajar indicator continuously going off when door is shut. Continues to stay on after several attempts to shut door to make alarm go off. Makes it a driving distraction.. has been an ongoing issue and we just took it to the dealership to have repaired. Our extended warranty will not cover the problem and the dealership wanted over $500 to repair. We cannot afford the repair right now so we have to deal with it until we can. Again, a major driving distraction

- Rio Vista, CA, USA

Oct 152015

The vehicle does not sense the drivers side front door is fully closed. This results in the doors not locking when the vehicle is parked or in motion. It also causes the interior lights to stay on for a long time. I think that both of these issues are a safety hazard.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Nov 262015

Once again the door ajar light comes on even when the car is parked, and all doors/hatch are properly closed. I have to slam the driver's door very hard multiple times before it will go off and allow the vehicle to be locked, and the alarm to be set!!! my car has less than 40,000 miles on it. The frustrating thing is I reported this to the dealer in June and they claim there was no problem. Well, they were wrong, very wrong!

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Nov 052015

The door latch is defective. It reads that the door is ajar when it is really closed.

- Midland, NC, USA