2013 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Jun 122016

Edge

Door ajar light is on, even when the door is securely shut. Driver front and passenger front.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Dec 092015

Edge

The drivers door gives error upon closing indicating the door is ajar. After closing door many times the message is still there. When the door is ajar the door locks will not function meaning you are vulnerable to a car jacking because your doors won't lock. When you get out the car the same issue but the interior lights will stay on until the failsafe times them out for emergency shutoff but, the doors are still unlocked. This problem seems to become worst in the winter time. I do not experience this problem during the warm summer months.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Nov 232016

Edge

Door ajar warning lights stays on with door shut.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Dec 192016

Edge

Driver door ajar light remains on when all doors are closed and locked. Dome and exterior side mirror lights stay lite due to this. Car is in park and if you shift into drive when the door ajar light is on then the car tells you to shift into park and the interior light stay on. This started the week on Dec 19, 2016 and has been happening continuously through out the week and weekend. Car has been taken to Ford today 12/28/2016 and of course they're arguing its not a service bulletin which means I will probably end up paying the deductible on my extended warranty to get it fixed when this is clearly a Ford issue.

- Mullens, WV, USA

Dec 012016

Edge

Driver door latch; door won't lock or stay locked intermittently; door ajar light comes on when the door is closed. When the intermittent problem occurs, the doors unlock, the dome light comes on, which makes it difficult to see while driving at night or early morning. The battery is draining-the door ajar light causes the interior lights to come on when the vehicle is parked. It will not lock from outside the vehicle intermittently. This started earlier this month an is becoming more frequent. This needs to be addressed now! from my research, this is a long standing issue with Ford products.

- Maple Valley, WA, USA

Dec 102016

Edge

Drivers door latch failed again. Was replaced under Ford original warranty with camelback Ford but has failed four months later and not under warranty. Dealer camelback Ford has no interest and repairing without paying $642 to repair. I guess no warranty on their work.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Dec 062016

Edge

The driver door ajar light will randomly come on lighting up the interior of the car. Or it wont go off when entering the vehicle. This is an ongoing problem

- Rossford, OH, USA

Dec 062016

Edge

Drivers side door says it is ajar, but it's not ajar.

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Dec 022016

Edge

While driving on the city street, the driver door ajar warning is displayed on the digital instrument panel, along with instructions to shift the vehicle into park and the dome lights being turned on. Opening and closing the door will make the warning go away for a few minutes, but it invariably returns before much time passes. This happens while the vehicle is stationary as well.

- Norwalk, OH, USA

Nov 262016

Edge

Driver side door keeps alarming that it is not closed even if door is closed. I feel this is a safety issue because it won't lock the vehicle, the interior lights remain on while driving as well as the alarm which distracts the driver.

- Sunvalley, ID, USA

Oct 012016

Edge

The door ajar light and warning dings when the door is definitely shut. If I open and close the door multiple times it will sometimes go off. The interior lights stay on and the door cannot be locked when this happens, creating a safety issue. Causes battery to drain because interior lights stay on and I have to drive with lights on which makes nighttime driving dangerous. This is a known issue for this vehicle and Ford needs to recall it.

- Lake City, FL, USA

Nov 182015

- Westboro, WI, USA

Oct 192016

Edge

My driver side door flew open while I was turning almost causing an accident. As mentioned in many other complaints, I too have the issue of the driver side light displaying "ajar". because of this almost accident, I now open and close the door as many times as it takes to make sure the latch is close and the light is off. My life matters.

- West Plm Beach, FL, USA

Oct 252016

Edge

The driver door ajar light comes on and stays on. This causes the interior lights to stay on and the battery to drain. Also the doors will not lock/stay locked. This happens when initially starting the vehicle and has happened while driving. I believe the cause of the problem to be either in the sensor or the door latch itself. At first it seemed to happen at random, but now seems to be occurring more often. This has been occurring for a few weeks. Will be taking it to be repaired in a few days.

- Johnstown, NY, USA

Nov 152015

Edge

When I close my drivers side door and start my 2013 Ford Edge, it thinks my door is ajar. This is a latch problem and the vehicle does not recognize that the door is closed. As a result, the doors will not lock. I have seen many complaints of this problem on the web. I am hoping that the NHTSA will force Ford to recall these vehicles and fix the problem

- Medford, WI, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

2013 Ford Edge sel with 33000 miles, driver door ajar warning light stays on even after closing the door several times. It keeps the interior lights on while driving, continously warns driver with door open messages on dashboard even when it's door is closed. I believe this issue also drained my car battery since I had to replace it back in Sept 2016. Ford please recall and fix this issue asap.

- Cerritos, CA, USA

Aug 222016

Edge

When closing the driver door the interior lights stay on with the "door ajar" warning light illuminated. It stays on while driving and parked and also a noise indicator every once in a while to put the car in park and close the door. Also when trying to use the keypad to lock the car from the outside sometimes it won't lock. The door ajar light is inconsistent, sometimes it will stay on, other times it will turn off. I took my car to the dealership to find out what was wrong. After a $200 fee to just look at the vehicle they said it is the door latch which is a common defect and will coast upward of $500 with labor and parts to fix. After doing research to try and see if I could repair it myself I found I was not alone in having this issue and was encouraged to file a complain on this site.

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Nov 012016

Edge

Door latch on driver side door broke

- West Springfield, MA, USA

Nov 082016

Edge

My door ajar light started coming last week and won't go off. I an positive the all doors are closed. It is very disruptive while driving, when the vehicle slows at signal lights, in intersections or in traffic the alarm comes on. Also, I was in a completely dark parking lot with people and cars moving around and the interior lights wouldn't go off. I could not see outside because of the interior lights. The door locks will not function in this state either. Someone could have easily gotten into the vehicle with me. Help!

- Pearland, TX, USA

Nov 042016

Edge

"takata recall" - door ajar light on dash. Front and rear drivers side

- Alexandria, VA, USA