2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 14 of 24)

Sep 282015

Part of the dashboard will madly change on its own going though the different options like it's stuck; the navigation display and dash board when starting the car will not always light up like it used to do. There is a delay at times. The ambiant lighting nomatter how many times I choose pink it always defaults back to blue on its own. My car has begun to make a horrible noise under the carriage, we suspect it is a transmission issue. It feels like the vehicle struggles to move forward. Just the other evening after leaving work, my interior overhead lights would not go off. Nomatter how many times I tried to turn them off. The electrical issue with the dash board began a while back and the noise just recently. The mileage on my car is 36,000 more or less. This should not be happening to our car. Well taken care of, I drive it to work and back. The car just turned in August 2 years. I have an appointment at the dealership this coming Tuesday. I believe my car is still under the power train warranty, I pray that it is. Just today, my vehicle would not lock as well. I will update as soon as I take it to the service dept.

- Richlands, VA, USA

Sep 282015

Driver door ajar alarm. Door is closed but switch is not made up. This prevents the doors from being locked from inside the vehicle. If the lock switch is actuated, 2 seconds later it unlocks all doors. This could be hazardous with small children in the vehicle or when driving in a bad neighborhood. Ford has known about this problem for years but refuses to recall because it is not deemed a safety issue by them.

- East Palatka, FL, USA

Aug 072014

When you closed the door the sensor sounds like the door is open. Lights stay on and is impossible to turn on the alarm. Caused damaged to the battery. You need to close the door several times because the sensor keep indicated that the door is open.

- Carolina, PR, USA

May 012015

Car door is closed but the "door ajar" light comes on and also doesn't allow me to lock the doors. This is very unsafe as I drive with a child and it is hard to see when the car interior lights come on at night while I am driving because the car thinks that the door is ajar.

- King Of Prussia, PA, USA

Sep 232015

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge limited and know numerous other Ford Edge owners with this same issue. The driver's door ajar sensor fails and shows the warning light that the door is ajar when shut. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly. The interior dome light stays on and so does my rear cabin light. Both lights stay on as I'm driving. It is a safety issue! when I looked online, I found that it is a wide spread problem.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jan 012014

The door latch sensor does not work. As I am driving it detaches and signals to the car that the door is ajar while it is not. This cause the doors to unlock and the lights to turn on. While I am driving it becomes dangerous because the doors are not locked. Also, as one is driving and the lights turn on unexpectedly it could affect ones vision. Its seems it is a defect in door that is damaging the part. Many have had them replaced and after a while becomes defective once again.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Sep 142015

Driving Ford Edge 2013 approx. 40 mph on highway when the vehicle came to almost a dead stop. It seemed as if the brakes became fully engaged or the transmission seized. A truck behind us swerved and braked and almost crashed into us. My 2 children and I would have been killed. The vehicle shook violently as it moved about 2 mph. I barely was able to get it over to the right, off the highway. It would not go any further. A red wrench icon lit on the dash. I towed it to midway Ford. Service manager stated the throttle body part is defective and recalled, but resets itself if vehicle is turned off for a while, so if I did not turn off the vehicle, Ford would fix it for free. Since I turned off the vehicle and it reset, I had to pay him $900 to replace it. Since I did not have $900, he advised me to drive the vehicle very slowly on the right side of the road from now on, as a precaution so my children or I do not get injured or killed the next time it happens. If this is Ford's criteria for replacing this life threatening defective part, that it must be in active defect status when arriving at the dealer, then not only has Ford has found a way to beat paying for the 1.6 million vehicles they agreed to recall with this defect, since you can't drive the vehicle at 900 RPM to the dealer, or tow it while running, but Ford is getting rich off the recall (the part is about $185 and takes 15 minutes to replace), and 1.6 million people must pay Ford $900 to fix a recalled defective part.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 222015

Door ajar problem. Door ajar alarm will not shut off and the dome lights stay on along with interior lights.

- Kennebunk, ME, USA

Sep 182015

Its the second time I have had the sensor in the driver door fail, the lights on the vehcile stay on, both interior and driving laps, which will allow the battery to drain, when the car is started I get the door ajar chime plus a dash notice that a door is ajar, but the reall kicker is it blacks out the rest of the dash to where it is unsafe to drive, cannot read speed or RPM along with the other information. I am concerned that once my car is out of warranty this will be a costly and time consuming problem. This item need a be part of a recall.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Sep 112015

Door ajar light keeps coming on even when door is shut. The lights stay on and doors will not lock.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Sep 152015

I was driving my friend and her 9yr old to the store, my door lock sensor was not working and said door ajar so I was unable to lock the doors in drive I tried and they whould just unlock. My friends child was able to open the door while I was going 45mph she could have fell out. This door ajar problem has been happening off. The dome light stays on and im unable to lock the doors. I just bought the car used so its not under warranty. It is a huge saftey issue and I guess after reading the hundreds of complaints about the same issue that nothing is going to be done untill there is a death instead of trying to avoid one. Also I heard the police version of the Explorer had a similar problem and Ford recalled it right away why not the consumer it seems like they dont care about the consumers safety. Please help before someone actully gets hurt.

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Sep 172015

Driver door ajar notification appears on the dashboard, although the driver door is shut. While driving, the notice continues to beep and alerts the driver to put the vehicle into park which is causing a safety issue of driver distraction. While driving, the doors will not lock which causes a another safety hazard. In addition to these being a safety concern, the interior lights do not shut off. Now I am concerned that I may get stranded somewhere with a dead battery. My vehicle was purchased brand new, is now 2 1/2 years old with only 34,000 miles and this is the second time I have experienced this issue. When I contacted the dealership, they said they could get me an appointment 5 days later. This was not acceptable and now they are getting me in the following day.

- Highland, CA, USA

Dec 012014

The door ajar indicator is active when the door is closed. It will remain saying ajar after multiple (30+) tries to open and close the door before it rights itself. This has became dangerous as during night time the interior lights remain on and impairs drivers ability to see surroundings. Also, since this issue becomes irritating, it causes the driver to open and close the door multiple times while driving, in hopes the sensor will correct itself. Due to these issue I expect Ford to warranty the door switch sensor for a more reliable design.

- Johnstown, CO, USA

Aug 012015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. When the contact entered the vehicle and closed the door, the instrument panel indicated that the driver door was not locked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the door sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 63,000. The VIN was not available.

- Amory, MS, USA

Aug 082015

Left rear door ajar light remains on, interior lights remain on making it hazardous to drive at night, doors do not auto lock!

- Broomall, PA, USA

Aug 312015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 80 mph, the tracking system shutdown warning light illuminated and the instrument panel became inoperable. In addition, the contact stated that windows failed to operate, the vehicle door locks failed to unlock and the ventilation system emitted hot air. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shut off. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wrong computer software was downloaded to the vehicle and the software needed to be upgraded to the correct software. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was not available.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 132015

Although the door is closed and latched the sensor does not operate correctly and reports the door is still ajar. There is no apparent override for this which causes the dome lights to remain on and does not allow the doors to lock.

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Sep 042015

When closing the drivers door the dome lights, warning buzzer and ajar indicator light stays on. These conditions remain constant during the drive. Suspect the door switch is either stuck or defective. Periodically the warning light goes off but then comes back on during the drive.

- Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Sep 062015

My wife and I have experienced the same complaint as many others in not being able to lock doors, and with dome lights coming on as a result of the driver's side door ajar indicated coming on even though the door is properly shut. We consider these issues to adversely affect attention to safe driving.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 222014

2013 Ford Edge with 30,000 miles on it. Door ajar alarm and light come on after vehicle is underway. Overhead lights come on blinding driver at night. Lights and switch remain on despite repeated attempts to slam door while driving. Smell of gasoline while idling indicates fuel leaking from system posing fire hazard. Defective parts create dangerous situation for driver and passengers.

- Austin, TX, USA