2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 15 of 26)

Oct 232015

Edge

Door ajar warning indicator lights. Lights stay on and if you lock the door with key and walk away you have a dead batter they next day. Repeated shuting of door will some times will reset door ajar but it eventually fails completely and repeated slamming of door does nothing. Pulled fuse to interior lights to keep battery from dying.

- Gales Ferry, CT, USA

Oct 302015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door ajar light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing, which located a failure at the driver side door sensor. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 44,000.

- Purcellville, VA, USA

Sep 012015

Edge

Door ajar light comes on, overhead lights stay on, doors will not lock, says shift to park after stopping & starting again.

- Youngstown, OH, USA

Jan 012015

Edge

When closing drivers door interior lights remain on will not shut off after repeated trys to reclose door. Also door ajar light in dash remains on. Cannot trust warning display if door is properly shut. Have had problem checked and told the door ajar switch is malfunctioning. Happens 90% of the time.

- Hammond, IN, USA

Sep 012014

Edge

The driver's side door sensor is not working. We have to slam the door several times for the door to close. Right now my husband has been in the garage for over 20 minutes trying to get the Edge to recognize that we shut the door. The vehicle is currently off and no keys in the car. You can also sit in the car and shut the door with the key in the ignition and it will not recognize that you have closed the door. The problem occurred last fall and was occasional, but has been consistent in the last month.

- Chatham, IL, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Passenger door says ajar after shutting door. Can open and shut over and over and sometimes it will go off, other times will not. Causes lights to stay on when vehicle is running and not running. Safety concern: The doors will not lock, leaving the back doors unlocked with small children able to open the door while car is in motion.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Oct 062015

Edge

The door sensor does not register the door as being closed, I have taken the car to the Ford dealer several times, both while still under warranty and now no longer under warranty, and the problem recurs on both front doors. This is a well known flaw, with youtube videos on repair and service. Should be subject to a recall.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Feb 142014

Edge

After door is closed the door ajar light stays on. Issue online seems to be dirty or bad sensor. Already paid the dealer to clean. Lasted one year.

- Weare, NH, USA

Sep 292015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. When the vehicle was started, the driver side door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The contact opened and closed the door, but the warning indicator was still illuminated. The contact stated that the warning indicator was illuminated and the interior lights remained on while driving. While driving approximately 10 mph, the vehicle failed to slow down when the brake pedal was depressed. While making a right turn, the park assist warning indicator illuminated. After the contact made the turn, the park assist warning indicator was no longer illuminated. The vehicle not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Sep 102015

Edge

My driver side door ajar error message stays on when the key is on and when driving. This is a safety issue as I cannot reset it and a warning beep continues as the error cannot be cleared. Started a month ago and would randomly appear now it stays on. Also when I lock my car now with the remote it beeps twice not once. I feel there could be an issue with security now too.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Sep 282015

Edge

Part of the dashboard will madly change on its own going though the different options like it's stuck; the navigation display and dash board when starting the car will not always light up like it used to do. There is a delay at times. The ambiant lighting nomatter how many times I choose pink it always defaults back to blue on its own. My car has begun to make a horrible noise under the carriage, we suspect it is a transmission issue. It feels like the vehicle struggles to move forward. Just the other evening after leaving work, my interior overhead lights would not go off. Nomatter how many times I tried to turn them off. The electrical issue with the dash board began a while back and the noise just recently. The mileage on my car is 36,000 more or less. This should not be happening to our car. Well taken care of, I drive it to work and back. The car just turned in August 2 years. I have an appointment at the dealership this coming Tuesday. I believe my car is still under the power train warranty, I pray that it is. Just today, my vehicle would not lock as well. I will update as soon as I take it to the service dept.

- Richlands, VA, USA

Sep 282015

Edge

Driver door ajar alarm. Door is closed but switch is not made up. This prevents the doors from being locked from inside the vehicle. If the lock switch is actuated, 2 seconds later it unlocks all doors. This could be hazardous with small children in the vehicle or when driving in a bad neighborhood. Ford has known about this problem for years but refuses to recall because it is not deemed a safety issue by them.

- East Palatka, FL, USA

Aug 072014

Edge

When you closed the door the sensor sounds like the door is open. Lights stay on and is impossible to turn on the alarm. Caused damaged to the battery. You need to close the door several times because the sensor keep indicated that the door is open.

- Carolina, PR, USA

May 012015

Edge

Car door is closed but the "door ajar" light comes on and also doesn't allow me to lock the doors. This is very unsafe as I drive with a child and it is hard to see when the car interior lights come on at night while I am driving because the car thinks that the door is ajar.

- King Of Prussia, PA, USA

Sep 232015

Edge

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge limited and know numerous other Ford Edge owners with this same issue. The driver's door ajar sensor fails and shows the warning light that the door is ajar when shut. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly. The interior dome light stays on and so does my rear cabin light. Both lights stay on as I'm driving. It is a safety issue! when I looked online, I found that it is a wide spread problem.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jan 012014

Edge

The door latch sensor does not work. As I am driving it detaches and signals to the car that the door is ajar while it is not. This cause the doors to unlock and the lights to turn on. While I am driving it becomes dangerous because the doors are not locked. Also, as one is driving and the lights turn on unexpectedly it could affect ones vision. Its seems it is a defect in door that is damaging the part. Many have had them replaced and after a while becomes defective once again.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Sep 142015

Edge

Driving Ford Edge 2013 approx. 40 mph on highway when the vehicle came to almost a dead stop. It seemed as if the brakes became fully engaged or the transmission seized. A truck behind us swerved and braked and almost crashed into us. My 2 children and I would have been killed. The vehicle shook violently as it moved about 2 mph. I barely was able to get it over to the right, off the highway. It would not go any further. A red wrench icon lit on the dash. I towed it to midway Ford. Service manager stated the throttle body part is defective and recalled, but resets itself if vehicle is turned off for a while, so if I did not turn off the vehicle, Ford would fix it for free. Since I turned off the vehicle and it reset, I had to pay him $900 to replace it. Since I did not have $900, he advised me to drive the vehicle very slowly on the right side of the road from now on, as a precaution so my children or I do not get injured or killed the next time it happens. If this is Ford's criteria for replacing this life threatening defective part, that it must be in active defect status when arriving at the dealer, then not only has Ford has found a way to beat paying for the 1.6 million vehicles they agreed to recall with this defect, since you can't drive the vehicle at 900 RPM to the dealer, or tow it while running, but Ford is getting rich off the recall (the part is about $185 and takes 15 minutes to replace), and 1.6 million people must pay Ford $900 to fix a recalled defective part.

- Miami, FL, USA

Sep 222015

Edge

Door ajar problem. Door ajar alarm will not shut off and the dome lights stay on along with interior lights.

- Kennebunk, ME, USA

Sep 182015

Edge

Its the second time I have had the sensor in the driver door fail, the lights on the vehcile stay on, both interior and driving laps, which will allow the battery to drain, when the car is started I get the door ajar chime plus a dash notice that a door is ajar, but the reall kicker is it blacks out the rest of the dash to where it is unsafe to drive, cannot read speed or RPM along with the other information. I am concerned that once my car is out of warranty this will be a costly and time consuming problem. This item need a be part of a recall.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Sep 112015

Edge

Door ajar light keeps coming on even when door is shut. The lights stay on and doors will not lock.

- Irvine, CA, USA