2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 16 of 26)

Sep 152015

Edge

I was driving my friend and her 9yr old to the store, my door lock sensor was not working and said door ajar so I was unable to lock the doors in drive I tried and they whould just unlock. My friends child was able to open the door while I was going 45mph she could have fell out. This door ajar problem has been happening off. The dome light stays on and im unable to lock the doors. I just bought the car used so its not under warranty. It is a huge saftey issue and I guess after reading the hundreds of complaints about the same issue that nothing is going to be done untill there is a death instead of trying to avoid one. Also I heard the police version of the Explorer had a similar problem and Ford recalled it right away why not the consumer it seems like they dont care about the consumers safety. Please help before someone actully gets hurt.

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Sep 172015

Edge

Driver door ajar notification appears on the dashboard, although the driver door is shut. While driving, the notice continues to beep and alerts the driver to put the vehicle into park which is causing a safety issue of driver distraction. While driving, the doors will not lock which causes a another safety hazard. In addition to these being a safety concern, the interior lights do not shut off. Now I am concerned that I may get stranded somewhere with a dead battery. My vehicle was purchased brand new, is now 2 1/2 years old with only 34,000 miles and this is the second time I have experienced this issue. When I contacted the dealership, they said they could get me an appointment 5 days later. This was not acceptable and now they are getting me in the following day.

- Highland, CA, USA

Dec 012014

Edge

The door ajar indicator is active when the door is closed. It will remain saying ajar after multiple (30+) tries to open and close the door before it rights itself. This has became dangerous as during night time the interior lights remain on and impairs drivers ability to see surroundings. Also, since this issue becomes irritating, it causes the driver to open and close the door multiple times while driving, in hopes the sensor will correct itself. Due to these issue I expect Ford to warranty the door switch sensor for a more reliable design.

- Johnstown, CO, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. When the contact entered the vehicle and closed the door, the instrument panel indicated that the driver door was not locked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the door sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 63,000. The VIN was not available.

- Amory, MS, USA

Aug 082015

Edge

Left rear door ajar light remains on, interior lights remain on making it hazardous to drive at night, doors do not auto lock!

- Broomall, PA, USA

Aug 312015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 80 mph, the tracking system shutdown warning light illuminated and the instrument panel became inoperable. In addition, the contact stated that windows failed to operate, the vehicle door locks failed to unlock and the ventilation system emitted hot air. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shut off. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wrong computer software was downloaded to the vehicle and the software needed to be upgraded to the correct software. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000. The VIN was not available.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 132015

Edge

Although the door is closed and latched the sensor does not operate correctly and reports the door is still ajar. There is no apparent override for this which causes the dome lights to remain on and does not allow the doors to lock.

- Pickerington, OH, USA

Sep 042015

Edge

When closing the drivers door the dome lights, warning buzzer and ajar indicator light stays on. These conditions remain constant during the drive. Suspect the door switch is either stuck or defective. Periodically the warning light goes off but then comes back on during the drive.

- Fountain Hills, AZ, USA

Sep 062015

Edge

My wife and I have experienced the same complaint as many others in not being able to lock doors, and with dome lights coming on as a result of the driver's side door ajar indicated coming on even though the door is properly shut. We consider these issues to adversely affect attention to safe driving.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 222014

Edge

2013 Ford Edge with 30,000 miles on it. Door ajar alarm and light come on after vehicle is underway. Overhead lights come on blinding driver at night. Lights and switch remain on despite repeated attempts to slam door while driving. Smell of gasoline while idling indicates fuel leaking from system posing fire hazard. Defective parts create dangerous situation for driver and passengers.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 222013

Edge

Door sensor...took it in to Ford and they fixed it...but now the problem is back and my car is out of warranty. Did some research and found that this is a problem with a lot of Ford products. This has to stop!!!!

- Tinley Park, IL, USA

Oct 012014

Edge

When my driver's side door is closed, the door open sensor chimes & the door open indicator is lit up on the dashboard. If I silence it, the light remains on and anytime I come to a stop and my foot is removed from the brake, the alarms start chiming again. I took it to the dealership on 10/3/14 for this issue as well as two other issue, one of which is part of the door panel popping apart. When I got the car back, the problem no longer existed. Fast forward to this last month. The door was again becoming an issue. Meaning, the problem existed every time I closed my door but if I kept closing and opening the door, eventually after 5-6 times, the car would register the door as closed. I made an apt telling the service guy that I was having the problem again and we made an apt. I dropped off my car yesterday at 3:30. We got a call at 4 pm stating our car is no longer under warranty as we are over our 36,000 mileage limit (we are at 39,000). I reminded him it was covered because the issue was reported last year when they fixed it. He (sam) told me that he had gone through my invoices and there is no record of this work being done. I then said maybe they fixed it and forgot to write it down. I was told no that could not happen. I said they had to take the door panel off for the other issue and I was told that was nowhere near the sensor. I went to the parts counter and was told that indeed, the sensor is on the Edge of the door and you would need to remove the panel to get to it. They told me that they would not cover it. I then informed them of how many other people are having the same issue so it is obviously not a wear and tear or personal mistreatment issue and that Ford should not be shirking their responsibility and I was told my car was being brought around. Ugh. So it is still not fixed and I am expected to come out of pocket to fix it. I can tell you this.

- Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Aug 202015

Edge

Around the end of August 2015 the drivers door ajar light will not turn off when the door is closed. The door is closed but the door ajar indicator continues to show the door is not closed. It appears there have been hundreds if not thousands of complaints on line with the same latch/sensor problem on Ford products. This is very annoying in addition to a safety issue. Are there any recall notices from Ford concerning this issue?

- Whispering Pines, NC, USA

Aug 262015

Edge

This is the second time I will be taking my car in for service for this problem: The driver side door ajar warning keeps coming on. I have to close the door several times to get it to shut off. This happens every time I am driving the car. Apparently this is a known problem with Ford doors.

- Wakefield, MA, USA

Aug 152015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor is malfunctioning causing multiple problems. Doors don't lock automatically when in motion. It causes cabin lights to remain on once driving lights are on creating visibility issues. This also causes some of the door locking options to malfunction. When driving or stopped it generates false alarms or warnings.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Aug 222015

Edge

Door ajar sensor fails to recognize closed door. Consequently, interior lights stay on and doors don't lock. Multiple closings of the door sometimes will trigger the switch.

- Fishers, IN, USA

Aug 102015

Edge

Approximately 2 weeks ago my driver's door ajar warning started coming on when I would close the door. I have to open and close the door several times to get the sensor to recognize that the door is in fact shut (it has taken up to 10X). The dome lights stay on when this is happening, so I cannot drive at night until I get the sensor to recognize the door is shut. A few times the warning and dome lights have come on while I was driving.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Aug 162015

Edge

My door ajar light stays on after closing all doors when all doors are closed. Even after slamming the doors it stays on. Dealership doesn't know why that happened and said has to replace entire sensor.

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 142015

Edge

Door ajar warning for drivers side door continues to act like door is ajar even door is shut. Causes interior lights to stay on and chime when vehicle is stopped.

- Veneta, OR, USA

Jul 302015

Edge

Right before our 3 year warranty expired the "drivers door ajar" warning light came on. We checked it out and other items and all seemed to be ok. One or two days later it came on again and cleared when we shut the door several times. Now 8 days out of warranty it seems to come on almost all the time and won't clear. Also, the dome lights stay on too. I called the dealer and said it would cost me $125 bucks to diagnose plus repair. He said I could call Ford. I called Ford and spoke to kevin who created case # cas7689552, but got disconnected. His statement was to bring it in to a dealer and then they would decide what they would do for me after inspection. I really thought Ford would just fix this. I then called back and spoke to kendra who was nice but same thing. I asked her what she thought I could expect and she said in the best case I would be responsible for a portion of the bill. I looked online and saw one guy take the whole door off to fix and another who cleaned for a temp fix. There were a lot of other people reporting same problem. This has to be an engineering flaw and Ford knows this. It is also unsafe to drive after dark with your inside dome lights on and your door chiming. Please get a recall on this! I don't know what to do yet but I cannot afford a $500 repair bill on something so stupid as this. Shame on Ford.

- Wood Dale, IL, USA