2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 17 of 26)

Jun 112015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door failed to close or lock, which caused the interior lighting to remain on and drain the battery. The contact mentioned that no warning indicators were illuminated prior to the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 38,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Port St.. Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 072015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While operating the vehicle, the door ajar warning erroneously displayed indicating that the front driver side door was not secured. When the failure occurred, the interior ceiling light would remain on and the doors would unlock. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 032015

Edge 6-cyl

Left rear door ajar warning message stays on, even when the door is closed. The interior/dome lights stay on while driving, even at night time, so it is hard to see to drive. The dome lights stay on as even after the car is parked and turned off. The doors do not lock while we are inside our vehicle. This is a huge safety issue for myself, and my growing family. For one, not being able to lock the doors to keep ourselves protected and safe inside our vehicle has me very concerned. This vehicle is suppose to be our family car that I feel safe and secure in with my spouse and children. Also, driving at night while the dome lights continue to stay on prevents me from seeing everything properly at night. I seriously fear for the safety of my family while driving this vehicle this way. This is our family car that needs this door latched replaced due to a faulty latch. Please, send out the recall. Help me protect my family and those around me from any accidents that may happen due to this faulty door latch. I hope this reaches some one who can help prevent my family from any accidents, and who will help others stay safe that have this vehicle problem. Thank you for reading my cry for help.....updated 10-27-15 the consumer stated when the door was locked. The alarm kept going off, because the system was detecting the left rear door was opened. Also, the interior lights kept coming on for a while, and eventually they went out. They would come on periodically since the system sensed the left rear door was ajar. Updated 01/15/16.

- Oak Grove, KY, USA

Aug 022015

Edge

Door ajar and latch issue - the door ajar signal stays on when I close my door and then interior light stays on. I then am unable to lock the doors while being in the vehicle and I believe this has something to do with a faulty latch. When I move the latch with my fingers, the door ajar light will temporarily go off but sometimes will even come back on while my car is in motion. I bought the car in April and this is the first time this has occurred.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Feb 182015

Edge

Driver door latch failure. Dome light stays on and warning beep.

- Madison , WI, USA

Aug 272014

Edge

The door ajar sensor on driver's door has failed 3 times. The first time was the day we purchased the vehicle. The dealership fixed it. The next time was in February. Now it has failed again. After you enter the vehicle, and shut the door the sensor still reads as the door is open. The doors will not lock the interior lights will not go out, and who knows what else isn't activated.

- Clinton, PA, USA

Dec 152014

Edge

- door ajar signal stays on when door is shut - interior lights stay on - unable to lock doors while in vehicle - false door ajar signal prevents driver from knowing if door is actually ajar

- Ancaster, NY, USA

Jul 202015

Edge

7/20/15-while traveling in uptown charlotte, nc, my car completely shut off causing me to engage my hazard lights and coast in neutral (in a very high traffic area) to a no parking zone. No diagnostic code appeared but the wrench icon appeared. I ran an onboard system diagnostics and it was clear. Car restarted when put in neutral and I then drove it the rest of the day. 7/21/15- approximately 110+ miles since the prior days problem, the car ran fine until the evening when I was driving 45 mph and climbing a grade around a curve and the car jerked and shut off showing the wrench icon again. There was no shoulder to coast onto and turned on the hazard lights, and prayed no one was behind me causing a collision. After 3 attempts the car restarted in the park position just as a van swerved to miss me in the no passing zone where the car failed. It was after hours for the dealership service department and the car is a certified pre owned vehicle with additional warranty. I filled out the description of the problem and left the car with them until 7/28/15 and authorized allowing a mechanic to drive it home if needed as no diagnostic code was generated. No repairs were made and the car was then drove less than 40 miles when it stopped running again 7/29/15 without warning the third time. Ford corporate has refused to make repairs without a code and the dealership did as well, however, since having a frustrating conversation 7/29/15 with Ford, the dealership told my husband that they will replace the throttle body as I requested last week as this has resolved the issue for other consumers.. this is a problem that is noted many times by other consumers. Please have Ford stand behind the safety of their vehicle before people lose their lives. This gives no warning and can happen anywhere at anytime and Ford's stance is dangerous. Thank you! updated 9/21/15...updated 10/01/15

- Concord, NC, USA

Jul 132015

Edge

At first I noticed that even though the door behind the driver was properly shut the door ajar light was still on it was for a few days until now the interiors lights now won't go off when I leave the car and activate the alar.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 212015

Edge

While coming off an on ramp from one highway to another doing approximately 60 mph my 2013 Ford Edge jerked, a wrench popped up on my dash, and it lost power. The accelerator did not work but the car was still idling. Luckily I was in the far left lane and there was an emergency lane on the left so I was able to coast to a stop. When I put my car in park, turned it off and turned it back on it was like nothing was wrong. The accelerator worked and the wrench was gone. However, this have since happened to be two more times and lower speeds. Both times luckily no one was behind me and when I turned the car back on everything worked. I have seen many other drivers who have had this same issue. It appears to be an issue with the throttle body. There should be a recall. This is extremely dangerous!

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

Drivers side door jam does not work. Light on dashboard remains lit after door is closed

- Farmingdale, NY, USA

Mar 202014

Edge

Driver side "door ajar" sensor malfunctioning - resulting in doors not locking automatically, warning alarm sounding, interior lights staying on. Had repair made at local Ford dealer. Same problem/symptoms again in may, 2015. Local dealer states that there is no recall from manufacturer thus freeing said dealer of liability. Complaint filed with Ford Motor Company. Online searches yield numerous complaints of the same issue with the Ford Edge.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Edge

Door ajar symbol is on and door is closed. Doors will not power lock map light will not go off

- Lewisville, NC, USA

Apr 162015

Edge

Driver's side door sensor indicates door ajar, preventing other functions of the vehicle from operating normally, such as dome light turning off while driving and after locking doors, doors will not remain locked while driving and other related functions. Issues causes a drain on the battery until it eventually loses charge, leaving driver stranded. Door ajar indicator remains on the entire time during operation of the vehicle.

- Orem, UT, USA

Edge

Drivers side door ajar light stays on all the time along with the shift to park and engine on messages. Automatic locks dont work anymore. The radio sometimes blanks completelt out. Taking it to the garge for the third time. Other people have posted online with the same problems and Ford will not issue a recall or fix the problem properly. Something needs to be done now to make Ford accountable for there vehicles

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Edge

The car always says the drivers side door is ajar and the shift to park message shows up on the dash along with the engine on message. None of these messages go away. Its always dinging because it thinks the door is open and the automatic locks dont work. This will be the third time I take this to the garage for the same thing. I understand alot of people have the same problem with this car and Ford will not issue a recall or fix the problem properly.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

May 202015

Edge

Driver door ajar notification, dome lights and mirror lights stay on. Comes on when driving. Dont always know if the door is closed properly or not. Took it to dealer they temporily stopped it, then it started again.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Jul 102014

Edge

The drivers door ajar light stays on 90% of the time while driving down the road. When you shut the vehicle off and even if you remove the keys the lights all remain on as if you had the doors open and run the battery dead, only shows drivers door, all other door sensors are fine! I am an avid Ford owner but I see so many others having the same issue, I hope to see a recall to fix this problem or our next vehicle might not be a Ford!

- Griggsville, IL, USA

Jul 062015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While driving at 45 mph, the vehicle stalled and the electronic control module indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was able to restart after several attempts. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 43,000.

- Dickinson, TX, USA

Jul 072015

Edge

2013 Ford Edge.door is securely shut and engine is running. However, driver display shows message, "driver door ajar" and chime is audible. Chime is audible at low speeds which can distract driver when stopping. Interior dome lights stay on while starting to drive, but will eventually turn off. While driving, driver display shows message, "shift to park". interior dome lights and side mirror lights stay on when engine is stopped and doors are locked. While the vehicle was parked, the front driver side door warning light illuminated when the driver's door was securely closed. The failure recurred constantly.

- Mansfield, TX, USA