2013 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Oct 222014

Edge

2013 Ford Edge with 30,000 miles on it. Door ajar alarm and light come on after vehicle is underway. Overhead lights come on blinding driver at night. Lights and switch remain on despite repeated attempts to slam door while driving. Smell of gasoline while idling indicates fuel leaking from system posing fire hazard. Defective parts create dangerous situation for driver and passengers.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 152015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor is malfunctioning causing multiple problems. Doors don't lock automatically when in motion. It causes cabin lights to remain on once driving lights are on creating visibility issues. This also causes some of the door locking options to malfunction. When driving or stopped it generates false alarms or warnings.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jul 302015

Edge

Right before our 3 year warranty expired the "drivers door ajar" warning light came on. We checked it out and other items and all seemed to be ok. One or two days later it came on again and cleared when we shut the door several times. Now 8 days out of warranty it seems to come on almost all the time and won't clear. Also, the dome lights stay on too. I called the dealer and said it would cost me $125 bucks to diagnose plus repair. He said I could call Ford. I called Ford and spoke to kevin who created case # cas7689552, but got disconnected. His statement was to bring it in to a dealer and then they would decide what they would do for me after inspection. I really thought Ford would just fix this. I then called back and spoke to kendra who was nice but same thing. I asked her what she thought I could expect and she said in the best case I would be responsible for a portion of the bill. I looked online and saw one guy take the whole door off to fix and another who cleaned for a temp fix. There were a lot of other people reporting same problem. This has to be an engineering flaw and Ford knows this. It is also unsafe to drive after dark with your inside dome lights on and your door chiming. Please get a recall on this! I don't know what to do yet but I cannot afford a $500 repair bill on something so stupid as this. Shame on Ford.

- Wood Dale, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Edge 6-cyl

Left rear door ajar warning message stays on, even when the door is closed. The interior/dome lights stay on while driving, even at night time, so it is hard to see to drive. The dome lights stay on as even after the car is parked and turned off. The doors do not lock while we are inside our vehicle. This is a huge safety issue for myself, and my growing family. For one, not being able to lock the doors to keep ourselves protected and safe inside our vehicle has me very concerned. This vehicle is suppose to be our family car that I feel safe and secure in with my spouse and children. Also, driving at night while the dome lights continue to stay on prevents me from seeing everything properly at night. I seriously fear for the safety of my family while driving this vehicle this way. This is our family car that needs this door latched replaced due to a faulty latch. Please, send out the recall. Help me protect my family and those around me from any accidents that may happen due to this faulty door latch. I hope this reaches some one who can help prevent my family from any accidents, and who will help others stay safe that have this vehicle problem. Thank you for reading my cry for help.....updated 10-27-15 the consumer stated when the door was locked. The alarm kept going off, because the system was detecting the left rear door was opened. Also, the interior lights kept coming on for a while, and eventually they went out. They would come on periodically since the system sensed the left rear door was ajar. Updated 01/15/16.

- Oak Grove, KY, USA

Jul 132015

Edge

At first I noticed that even though the door behind the driver was properly shut the door ajar light was still on it was for a few days until now the interiors lights now won't go off when I leave the car and activate the alar.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 202015

Edge

Driver door ajar notification, dome lights and mirror lights stay on. Comes on when driving. Dont always know if the door is closed properly or not. Took it to dealer they temporily stopped it, then it started again.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Jul 102014

Edge

The drivers door ajar light stays on 90% of the time while driving down the road. When you shut the vehicle off and even if you remove the keys the lights all remain on as if you had the doors open and run the battery dead, only shows drivers door, all other door sensors are fine! I am an avid Ford owner but I see so many others having the same issue, I hope to see a recall to fix this problem or our next vehicle might not be a Ford!

- Griggsville, IL, USA

Jun 252015

Edge

Drivers door ajar light remains on even after door is shut, causing dome light to continue to stay lite. Info states shift to park whenever come to stop.

- Benton City, WA, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

Driver side door will shut, but inside will show "ajar" with all dome lights on. After numerous times (20+) of opening and closing the door, it will sometimes finally close to stop showing ajar and lights will turn off. In my opinion, this is a safety hazard if driving at night as I've experienced already once with my door not willing to close properly at night, and having to drive with all dome lights on (huge issue). Went to a Ford dealer that says they will run a diagnostics test to see what's wrong, but there are hundreds if not thousands of complaints already on-line of people having the same issue and this still hasn't been addressed by Ford for a recall. Many are saying the costs are from $250-$500 for repairs to get it fixed. For a 2 year old car, this should not be happening!

- Wood Dale, IL, USA

Jun 252015

Edge

Door ajar warning comes on when the door is shut due to faulty sensor in drivers side front door. Interior lights stay on causing a hazard to driver at night.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Nov 032014

Edge

Driver door ajar warning light stays on when door is shut. Door locks will not lock upon movement of vehicle when light is on. When trying to lock the vehicle after turning off, interior and puddle lights stay on, draining battery. This has gotten progressively worse over the past six months.

- Bend, OR, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

Drivers side door keeps stating it is open when it is closed. Continues to stay on until multiple closures of the door.

- Fairview Park, OH, USA

May 012015

Edge

The driver door ajar alarm started going off, and the doors unlocked while the car was moving on the interstate. It has now happened several times both while driving down the road and when getting in the vehicle. Now, the dome light and outside marker lights remain on and drain the battery when the vehicle is in park because the sensor isn't reading that the doors are closed.

- Geneseo, IL, USA

May 082015

Edge

2013 Ford Edge driver door sensor remains ajar, I close the door more than 7 times for the inside light to turn off. While driving the sensor will turn on and doors will not lock.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 012014

Edge

Door ajar light comes on when door is obviously closed. It can take up to 10-15 slams to get the light to go off. Annoying alert tone goes off until it's closed and dome light stays on. Also, car will not lock if door does not register as closed. This problem has persisted for over a year, but oddly goes away during the winter months. Just now, my windsheild wipers won't turn off. I don't know if these issues are related, but it all seems electrical in nature.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Nov 092014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar switch not working properly - it intermittently indicates the door is still open. The interior lights stay on, and "door ajar" warning is annunciated. Additionally, the doors will not lock while driving, and cannot be locked after parking if trying to use the exterior keypad.

- League City, TX, USA

May 012015

Edge

A constant driver door ajar alert when the door is not ajar. Will try to close the door multiple times and still get the same alert. The interior lights will not go off because of the message. This causes a safety hazard because the driver will not know if their door is ajar or not. The interior lights will remain on and this causes the battery to wear out much faster than normal and can cause a very serious hazard for the driver at night.

- Marion, OH, USA

Apr 242015

Edge 6-cyl

My 2013 Ford Edge SUV is in the Ford shop as I write this " it's been there since Friday, due to a latch issue " which is a Ford part malfunction. (a bad part) a part that will not last and may need to be replace again.. I google it Friday and saw there are so many complaints on the part, I don"T understand why it?S not recalled or the Ford company I bought it from can?T just replace it. Ford wants $484 from me to replace this part, I am so upset. Plus they have had my car for three days. ? after this I am done with Ford!!! my first new SUV, my first Ford purchase and it"S already in a shop, due to a part that was not a good part to start out with. If you guys want to buy this SUV from me, make me an offer. I am not a happy customer. Ready to go to Toyota or a Honda.

- Millington, TN, USA

Feb 282015

Edge 6-cyl

The sensor on the driver's side door to detect door closure malfunctions repeatedly and does not register that the door is closed even if the door latch is in proper position. This creates a significant safety hazard in that the doors cannot be fully locked (significant crash safety risk) while driving or stopped at a stoplight (personal security risk, remains able to open door from the exterior). This is a recurrent problem and from encounters with other owners, this is consistent across these vehicles and recurs even if the part if replaced. This is in validation of FMVSS no. 206 requirements.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Apr 022015

Edge 4-cyl

It started over the past few weeks. Start the car and the door ajar light comes on and stays on regardless is I open and close the door harder. Put the car in gear and you have the warning lights to put the car in park. The door locks will not lock during one of these episodes and the dome lights stay on. I also lock my car doors at night only to find that they have unlocked themselves during the night and my heads lights have turned on as well. This has happened about 6 times. Not very happy right now!!!!

- Fort Mill, SC, USA