2013 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Nov 032014

Driver door ajar warning light stays on when door is shut. Door locks will not lock upon movement of vehicle when light is on. When trying to lock the vehicle after turning off, interior and puddle lights stay on, draining battery. This has gotten progressively worse over the past six months.

- Bend, OR, USA

Apr 012015

Drivers side door keeps stating it is open when it is closed. Continues to stay on until multiple closures of the door.

- Fairview Park, OH, USA

May 012015

The driver door ajar alarm started going off, and the doors unlocked while the car was moving on the interstate. It has now happened several times both while driving down the road and when getting in the vehicle. Now, the dome light and outside marker lights remain on and drain the battery when the vehicle is in park because the sensor isn't reading that the doors are closed.

- Geneseo, IL, USA

May 082015

2013 Ford Edge driver door sensor remains ajar, I close the door more than 7 times for the inside light to turn off. While driving the sensor will turn on and doors will not lock.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 012014

Door ajar light comes on when door is obviously closed. It can take up to 10-15 slams to get the light to go off. Annoying alert tone goes off until it's closed and dome light stays on. Also, car will not lock if door does not register as closed. This problem has persisted for over a year, but oddly goes away during the winter months. Just now, my windsheild wipers won't turn off. I don't know if these issues are related, but it all seems electrical in nature.

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Nov 092014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar switch not working properly - it intermittently indicates the door is still open. The interior lights stay on, and "door ajar" warning is annunciated. Additionally, the doors will not lock while driving, and cannot be locked after parking if trying to use the exterior keypad.

- League City, TX, USA

May 012015

A constant driver door ajar alert when the door is not ajar. Will try to close the door multiple times and still get the same alert. The interior lights will not go off because of the message. This causes a safety hazard because the driver will not know if their door is ajar or not. The interior lights will remain on and this causes the battery to wear out much faster than normal and can cause a very serious hazard for the driver at night.

- Marion, OH, USA

Apr 242015

Edge 6-cyl

My 2013 Ford Edge SUV is in the Ford shop as I write this " it's been there since Friday, due to a latch issue " which is a Ford part malfunction. (a bad part) a part that will not last and may need to be replace again.. I google it Friday and saw there are so many complaints on the part, I don"T understand why it?S not recalled or the Ford company I bought it from can?T just replace it. Ford wants $484 from me to replace this part, I am so upset. Plus they have had my car for three days. ? after this I am done with Ford!!! my first new SUV, my first Ford purchase and it"S already in a shop, due to a part that was not a good part to start out with. If you guys want to buy this SUV from me, make me an offer. I am not a happy customer. Ready to go to Toyota or a Honda.

- Millington, TN, USA

Feb 282015

Edge 6-cyl

The sensor on the driver's side door to detect door closure malfunctions repeatedly and does not register that the door is closed even if the door latch is in proper position. This creates a significant safety hazard in that the doors cannot be fully locked (significant crash safety risk) while driving or stopped at a stoplight (personal security risk, remains able to open door from the exterior). This is a recurrent problem and from encounters with other owners, this is consistent across these vehicles and recurs even if the part if replaced. This is in validation of FMVSS no. 206 requirements.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Apr 022015

Edge 4-cyl

It started over the past few weeks. Start the car and the door ajar light comes on and stays on regardless is I open and close the door harder. Put the car in gear and you have the warning lights to put the car in park. The door locks will not lock during one of these episodes and the dome lights stay on. I also lock my car doors at night only to find that they have unlocked themselves during the night and my heads lights have turned on as well. This has happened about 6 times. Not very happy right now!!!!

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Feb 022015

Vehicle states that drivers door is ajar when it is closed. Multiple times it will not recognize it is closed and doors will not lock and interior lights stay on.

- North Hills, CA, USA

Jan 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor/switch is not functioning properly and shows that the driver side door is open/ajar when it is securely closed. When the car "thinks" the door is ajar the dome light does not turn off for several minutes, even while driving, the power locks will not engage and even unlock when the door lock switch is used. In addition, every time the car comes to a stop the alert chimes that the door is ajar. This is very dangerous when having to drive to my work in an urban area (not safely locked in my car) in addition, it is too dangerous to drive with children who may be able to reach the door handle.

- Indian Springs, NV, USA

Mar 062015

Door ajar sensor light comes on when door is closed, it takes up to 3 to 5 times to close door for the light door ajar sensor light to go off.

- Gretna, FL, USA

Mar 032015

The door latch on the 2013 Ford Edge is faulty, and continually has to be replaced. This is the second time in 6 months we have had to have this replaced, and this time, we are 3000 miles over our warranty, and are having to go out of pocket for this - an expense of over $300. Additionally, because the door latch doesn't work correctly, it continually causes the interior lights of the cart to stay on, which has caused the battery to deplete, and we are now facing the charge for a new battery as well in order to get our vehicle in working order. Lastly, Ford informed us today that the factory battery that they installed is "too small" for this size vehicle, and a larger capacity battery should be put in its place. We purchased this car new, and issues like this make us feel as if we've purchased a lemon. Ford is now charging us for a part that is clearly poorly manufactured, and as a consequence, causing us to buy additional parts like batteries to support their mistakes.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Feb 102015

Edge 6-cyl

Driving door ajar warning light comes on when the door is not ajar. When this happens you can't lock the doors and the overhead lights stay on making it dangerous to drive at night and is a safety hazard to occupants.

- Mentone, CA, USA

Feb 162015

Edge 6-cyl

My 2013 Edge is new within the past 2 years and it is currently under lease. The door ajar notification is being triggered constantly which in turn affects other mechanisms or electrical systems in the car. The inability for the driver side door to close triggers cab lights, the door ajar lights, and the locking of doors. These issues can occur while stationary/parking and at various speeds while night and during the day. The cab light being on at night is the most dangerous from a driving standpoint, because it affects visibility to a point of wanting to try and open and shut it at high speeds. I don't know if having the cab light on while it is parked is enough to drain the battery or even how long the cab light even stays on, but unfortunately I'm going to probably learn this the hard way and be stranded. Also, there is definitely a risk of having items stolen from my car.

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Nov 102014

The system is showing a "door ajar" alarm, drivers front door. Initially I thought it was just because I did not close the door enough so I opened it and pulled harder and the alarm went away. We drove the car for a few days and one morning when it was cold I closed the door and the alarm posted again after opening and closing the door several times the alarm went away. We drove the car a few more days and the alarm was posting 50 % of the time. Around December the alarm began posting most of the time, now it post 100% of the time even on the warm days. There are at least three issues when the alarm is on. 1.the dome lights stay on after the car is turned off for around 20 minutes, I'm sure this is not good on the battery. 2.the dome lights do not go off while in reverse, they only go off after you are in drive and move forward for quite a few feet. This makes it difficult to see out of the windows after dark. 3.the doors do not lock after starting the engine.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Jan 052015

Door ajar sign comes on due to sensor failure on driver door which turns lights on in vehicle and "shift to park" notice comes up while driving.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Nov 232014

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar light will come on along with interior light at random times. It happens when first entering the vehicle in the morning and also when driving at all times through the day. The only fix we've found is slamming the door shut a few times.

- Norman, OK, USA

Aug 122014

Driver door switch not letting module know the door is closed. Door would have to be opened and closed multiple time before module or switch would pick it up. What affect will this have on the air bags if I need them?

- St. Michaels , MD, USA