2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 8 of 11)

Jan 172016

Edge

The vehicle was operated at indicated 45 mph by owner on a standard two lane highway in a rural environment. Outside air temperature was 48 degrees F. lighting conditions were daylight and sunny. Without warning the vista sunroof exploded and shattered glass into the interior of the vehicle. There was no external force such as a projectile that caused the damage. All glass fractures were around each Edge at mounting locations. Similar cases have been reported and discussed on various forums. In each case, the damage occurs exactly the same way. This is most likely a manufacturing defect and should be considered very dangerous. Ford Motor Company needs to know about this and react before someone gets seriously hurt.

- Elgin, TX, USA

Dec 202015

Edge

The drivers side door indicator continually says door is ajar when the car is in motion and parked even though the door is in fact shut. I have to slam the door several times to get the vehicle to recognize the door is in fact closed. Too many complaints on this issue to not have a recall.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Edge

Door ajar sensor will not turn off. Lights keep going on while driving.

- Wethersfield, CT, USA

Edge

My 2013 Ford Edge has an issue with the drivers side door closing. The door ajar light stays on even when the door is closed. When the car is off the interior light will stay on because of this issue, it takes slamming the door many times to trigger the lights to go off. Now it is at the point we are afraid it won't go off at all or we will damage the door, so we are entering the car through the passenger side in order not to set the issue off again. While driving the door ajar light stays on and I cannot lock my car doors. I heard via the web this is a common problem with the Ford Edge and other Ford models. My vehicle is only two years old and I have brought it back to the dealer to get fixed. They are replacing the door assembly and it is costing me about $400 but we cannot continue driving it in this condition. I believe this is a horrible design and there should be a recall and a better fix for this issue. At the rate this is happening I will need to have the door assembly replaced in another two years. I find this unacceptable!

- Schroon Lake, NY, USA

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor stays on when the door is closed causing the interior lights to stay on and I am not able to lock the doors while in the vehicle. The false door ajar sensor prevents me from recognizing when there is a real ajar door situation. Also, the dome lights stay on at night causing a night driving hazard.

- Downs, IL, USA

Dec 022015

Edge

Door ajar sensor faulty. The panel shows that a door is ajar which is not. This causes the domelight to turn on for quite a long time. When it happens at night visibility is poor and dangerous. I have already replaced two sensor on one door (drivers side) now going on third (front passenger side) it becomes very dangerous since visibilty at is bad. This complaint is becoming pretty comun. A community of Ford customers that really neede help. Just hope it does not become a tragedy.

- Bayamon, PR, USA

Nov 162015

Edge

Driver door alarm beeps when door is closed. Interior lights stay on. This occurred earlier this year and Ford 'cleaned off' the sensor. Started to happen again several weeks ago. Ford is replacing the sensor, but we have to pay for this because the issue has not qualified for a recall. Please submit a complaint if this is happening to your 2013 Ford Edge.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Nov 092015

Edge

Door switch, drivers door is shut and the door ajar light is on and will not lock the doors when in motion and keeps the dome light on. I have made a complaint with Ford case number cas8223825. They done see to care. Why should I pay for something that should be a recall as it is a safty issue

- Duanesburge, NY, USA

Nov 042015

Edge

Falutly drivers side door latch sensor. My door ajar light comes on and the interior lights won't go off. When driving the console screen beeps every minute to tell me my door is ajar.

- Malvern, PA, USA

Apr 042015

Edge

Door ajar warning and door chiming. If door does not close properly lights stay on draining battery leaving owner stranded with dead battery. While driving door chiming constantly going off distracting owner while driving. Problem happens while driving and while parked

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Passenger door says ajar after shutting door. Can open and shut over and over and sometimes it will go off, other times will not. Causes lights to stay on when vehicle is running and not running. Safety concern: The doors will not lock, leaving the back doors unlocked with small children able to open the door while car is in motion.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Oct 192015

Edge

Driver side front door sensor has malfunctioned. It indicates the door is open even when it is closed. Alarms sound and the doors do not lock when the car is in motion. Car was taken to Ford to repair and I was told they would only clean the contacts which is only a temporary solution and each time they charge a fee.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Oct 142015

Edge

The driver side rear "door ajar" warning light goes on even though the door is closed and locked. It keeps the interior lights on even when I start driving, which is very distracting during evening hours. The lights stay on for more than 5 minutes after parking the car.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Sep 292015

Edge

Door ajar when door is closed causing dome light to stay on after exiting the vehicle also making in unable to lock doors which is a safety issue

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Sep 102015

Edge

My driver side door ajar error message stays on when the key is on and when driving. This is a safety issue as I cannot reset it and a warning beep continues as the error cannot be cleared. Started a month ago and would randomly appear now it stays on. Also when I lock my car now with the remote it beeps twice not once. I feel there could be an issue with security now too.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Oct 092015

Edge

Faulty switch causes driver's door ajar indicator to stay on even when door is closed. Dome lights stay on and can not lock doors when driving.

- Simsbury, CT, USA

Sep 072015

Edge

The door sensor on the driver's door is faulty and will report the door as ajar when it is positively not ajar. This prevents the car from being able to be locked and causes the interior lights to come on. This has been reported by numerous persons and Ford will not address it.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Oct 072015

Edge

When doors are closed sensor is still showing open doors, doors will not lock and cabin lights remain on, making it impossible for driver to recognize an actual open door which then places passengers in danger when door does remain open. Sensor doesn't recognize doors to be closed so it prompts for car to be placed into park when in drive so door can be closed. Today while driving my daughter who was sitting in the back seat had the door fling open while the car was in motion. The door sensor has been showing that the door is open so when the door was actually open I was not able to tell and put her in danger.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 302014

Edge

Door ajar light is on and door is closed.also interior lights stay on and this is very dangerous driving at night.Ford will not fix it, no recalls.people had the sensor replaced on door and light came on again.wasted time and money.

- Manitou, OK, USA

Sep 232015

Edge

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge limited and know numerous other Ford Edge owners with this same issue. The driver's door ajar sensor fails and shows the warning light that the door is ajar when shut. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly. The interior dome light stays on and so does my rear cabin light. Both lights stay on as I'm driving. It is a safety issue! when I looked online, I found that it is a wide spread problem.

- Vancouver, WA, USA