2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 8 of 10)

Aug 052015

"door ajar" sign will not go off after several attempts to shut the door properly. The sign stays on during a drive with several alerts to stop the car, "shift to park" and shut the door. Also, when you try to lock the door manually, the system still thinks the door is open and will not lock. This is a issue of safety for the driver, and passengers (especially children) if their door cannot be properly locked. When this first started happening the sign would go off after 3-5 attempts. Now after 10 days of having this issue, this sign will not go off at all. As well as the cabin lights will not go off for an extended period of time, draining the battery (even if the car is not turned on). Finally, I took my vehicle to the local Ford dealership and the spring is broken inside the door, the same issue with other Ford brands they have already recalled. This is a major safety issue for transporting children due to the safety issue since the door will not lock. I hope this issue is taken under serious consideration since this is clearly a issue for the 2013 Ford Edge as many others have had this issue as well.

- Hoover , AL, USA

Jul 302015

Right before our 3 year warranty expired the "drivers door ajar" warning light came on. We checked it out and other items and all seemed to be ok. One or two days later it came on again and cleared when we shut the door several times. Now 8 days out of warranty it seems to come on almost all the time and won't clear. Also, the dome lights stay on too. I called the dealer and said it would cost me $125 bucks to diagnose plus repair. He said I could call Ford. I called Ford and spoke to kevin who created case # cas7689552, but got disconnected. His statement was to bring it in to a dealer and then they would decide what they would do for me after inspection. I really thought Ford would just fix this. I then called back and spoke to kendra who was nice but same thing. I asked her what she thought I could expect and she said in the best case I would be responsible for a portion of the bill. I looked online and saw one guy take the whole door off to fix and another who cleaned for a temp fix. There were a lot of other people reporting same problem. This has to be an engineering flaw and Ford knows this. It is also unsafe to drive after dark with your inside dome lights on and your door chiming. Please get a recall on this! I don't know what to do yet but I cannot afford a $500 repair bill on something so stupid as this. Shame on Ford.

- Wood Dale, IL, USA

May 012015

The door latch sensor is faulty resulting in the door ajar alert staying on constantly, even when all doors are closed properly. The vehicle is unable to be locked while driving and interior lights stay on for a long time after vehicle is turned off due to sensor issue, thus draining the battery.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Aug 022015

Door ajar and latch issue - the door ajar signal stays on when I close my door and then interior light stays on. I then am unable to lock the doors while being in the vehicle and I believe this has something to do with a faulty latch. When I move the latch with my fingers, the door ajar light will temporarily go off but sometimes will even come back on while my car is in motion. I bought the car in April and this is the first time this has occurred.

- Florissant, MO, USA

Jun 032014

Date above is first alert. Happens everyday now. Door latch mechanism will not engage when the door is closed, and the door ajar warning light will illuminate. Doors will not lock and lights stay on. It is dangerous especially at night when the interior lights are on and you are trying to drive. They only go out when car is going forward. Big safety hazard. I have told Ford about it and have met many others with same problem. They want me to pay for this safety feature $350. It should be recalled so all owners can feel safe with the doors closing, locking and interior lights not illuminating while trying to drive. And the most annoying beeping to alert you that the door is ajar. It has been going on for 1.5 years. I had them lube and clean it once and it just returned. I did pay for that service. Just look at the Ford Edge forums. It is happening to too many people.

- Wilton, CT, USA

Aug 272014

The door ajar sensor on driver's door has failed 3 times. The first time was the day we purchased the vehicle. The dealership fixed it. The next time was in February. Now it has failed again. After you enter the vehicle, and shut the door the sensor still reads as the door is open. The doors will not lock the interior lights will not go out, and who knows what else isn't activated.

- Clinton, PA, USA

Jul 132015

At first I noticed that even though the door behind the driver was properly shut the door ajar light was still on it was for a few days until now the interiors lights now won't go off when I leave the car and activate the alar.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 062015

When all the car doors are properly closed, the door ajar warning light comes on numerous times, and the frequency has increased, causing the doors not to lock.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Apr 162015

Driver's side door sensor indicates door ajar, preventing other functions of the vehicle from operating normally, such as dome light turning off while driving and after locking doors, doors will not remain locked while driving and other related functions. Issues causes a drain on the battery until it eventually loses charge, leaving driver stranded. Door ajar indicator remains on the entire time during operation of the vehicle.

- Orem, UT, USA

Jul 032015

Drivers side door ajar light stays on all the time along with the shift to park and engine on messages. Automatic locks dont work anymore. The radio sometimes blanks completelt out. Taking it to the garge for the third time. Other people have posted online with the same problems and Ford will not issue a recall or fix the problem properly. Something needs to be done now to make Ford accountable for there vehicles

- Collinsville, OK, USA

Jul 032015

The car always says the drivers side door is ajar and the shift to park message shows up on the dash along with the engine on message. None of these messages go away. Its always dinging because it thinks the door is open and the automatic locks dont work. This will be the third time I take this to the garage for the same thing. I understand alot of people have the same problem with this car and Ford will not issue a recall or fix the problem properly.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

May 202015

Driver door ajar notification, dome lights and mirror lights stay on. Comes on when driving. Dont always know if the door is closed properly or not. Took it to dealer they temporily stopped it, then it started again.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Jul 172015

Faulty "door ajar" warning do to poorly designed latch on door.

- Woodbridge, NJ, USA

Jul 052015

The door sensor is not working correctly. The car continues to indicate "door ajar" all the time. The dome light will not turn off now when I am driving at night and the interior car lights come on at night which is draining my battery. I had to replace the battery since it had died yesterday.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Driver side door will shut, but inside will show "ajar" with all dome lights on. After numerous times (20+) of opening and closing the door, it will sometimes finally close to stop showing ajar and lights will turn off. In my opinion, this is a safety hazard if driving at night as I've experienced already once with my door not willing to close properly at night, and having to drive with all dome lights on (huge issue). Went to a Ford dealer that says they will run a diagnostics test to see what's wrong, but there are hundreds if not thousands of complaints already on-line of people having the same issue and this still hasn't been addressed by Ford for a recall. Many are saying the costs are from $250-$500 for repairs to get it fixed. For a 2 year old car, this should not be happening!

- Wood Dale, IL, USA

Jun 012015

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed, interior light stays on, inability to lock doors while in vehicle.

- San Diego, CO, USA

Apr 012015

The front door lock sensor doesn't work. When the door is shut the sensor doesn't sense that the door is shut, causing the notice to direct user to shift car in park to shut door, when it's already shut.

- Huntersville, NC, USA

Nov 032014

Driver door ajar warning light stays on when door is shut. Door locks will not lock upon movement of vehicle when light is on. When trying to lock the vehicle after turning off, interior and puddle lights stay on, draining battery. This has gotten progressively worse over the past six months.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jun 012015

The driver's door ajar light on the dash instrument cluster and the interior lights stay illuminated even when the door is completely shut. The door needs to be slammed several times before the light extinguishes, but sometimes will not go out at all. This leaves driver with an insecure feeling the car door is not securely closed while driving. This problem seems to be widespread on this model vehicle from what I read on the internet.

- Gardnerville, NV, USA

Jun 152015

Second time I will be taking my car in for service: Driver side door ajar keeps coming on again. You have to slam the door hard to get it to shut off. It happens even when some one is exiting the passenger door and the driverside door ajar message will show up. Engine on message also shows up. You can click the ok for both messages but the doors don't autolock when you drive. Also the dome lights inside the vehicle takes a long time to shut off. The headlights will shut off when you shut off the car but the inside lights stays on. Sometimes I will turn the car back on so they shut off.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA