2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 7 of 10)

Nov 092015

Door switch, drivers door is shut and the door ajar light is on and will not lock the doors when in motion and keeps the dome light on. I have made a complaint with Ford case number cas8223825. They done see to care. Why should I pay for something that should be a recall as it is a safty issue

- Duanesburge, NY, USA

Nov 042015

Falutly drivers side door latch sensor. My door ajar light comes on and the interior lights won't go off. When driving the console screen beeps every minute to tell me my door is ajar.

- Malvern, PA, USA

Apr 042015

Door ajar warning and door chiming. If door does not close properly lights stay on draining battery leaving owner stranded with dead battery. While driving door chiming constantly going off distracting owner while driving. Problem happens while driving and while parked

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Oct 012015

Passenger door says ajar after shutting door. Can open and shut over and over and sometimes it will go off, other times will not. Causes lights to stay on when vehicle is running and not running. Safety concern: The doors will not lock, leaving the back doors unlocked with small children able to open the door while car is in motion.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Oct 192015

Driver side front door sensor has malfunctioned. It indicates the door is open even when it is closed. Alarms sound and the doors do not lock when the car is in motion. Car was taken to Ford to repair and I was told they would only clean the contacts which is only a temporary solution and each time they charge a fee.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Oct 142015

The driver side rear "door ajar" warning light goes on even though the door is closed and locked. It keeps the interior lights on even when I start driving, which is very distracting during evening hours. The lights stay on for more than 5 minutes after parking the car.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Sep 292015

Door ajar when door is closed causing dome light to stay on after exiting the vehicle also making in unable to lock doors which is a safety issue

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Sep 102015

My driver side door ajar error message stays on when the key is on and when driving. This is a safety issue as I cannot reset it and a warning beep continues as the error cannot be cleared. Started a month ago and would randomly appear now it stays on. Also when I lock my car now with the remote it beeps twice not once. I feel there could be an issue with security now too.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Oct 092015

Faulty switch causes driver's door ajar indicator to stay on even when door is closed. Dome lights stay on and can not lock doors when driving.

- Simsbury, CT, USA

Sep 072015

The door sensor on the driver's door is faulty and will report the door as ajar when it is positively not ajar. This prevents the car from being able to be locked and causes the interior lights to come on. This has been reported by numerous persons and Ford will not address it.

- Cookeville, TN, USA

Oct 072015

When doors are closed sensor is still showing open doors, doors will not lock and cabin lights remain on, making it impossible for driver to recognize an actual open door which then places passengers in danger when door does remain open. Sensor doesn't recognize doors to be closed so it prompts for car to be placed into park when in drive so door can be closed. Today while driving my daughter who was sitting in the back seat had the door fling open while the car was in motion. The door sensor has been showing that the door is open so when the door was actually open I was not able to tell and put her in danger.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jul 302014

Door ajar light is on and door is closed.also interior lights stay on and this is very dangerous driving at night.Ford will not fix it, no recalls.people had the sensor replaced on door and light came on again.wasted time and money.

- Manitou, OK, USA

Sep 232015

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge limited and know numerous other Ford Edge owners with this same issue. The driver's door ajar sensor fails and shows the warning light that the door is ajar when shut. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly. The interior dome light stays on and so does my rear cabin light. Both lights stay on as I'm driving. It is a safety issue! when I looked online, I found that it is a wide spread problem.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Aug 042015

I was driving the vehicle in a parking structure and lost all power. I tried to restart it, no luck. Vehicle turned back on after 2nd attempt to restart and seemed fine. I had the vehicle towed to downtown Ford in sacramento, ca who said the issue "might have been the wiring panel" and claimed to fix it. Second incident: August 2015 (mileage: 35,755) vehicle was again in a parking structure and lost all power. Vehicle was brought to folsom lake Ford in folsom, ca where they said they couldn't find anything wrong after they kept the vehicle for almost 2 weeks. I was told "maybe radio interference" caused the problem or maybe it was because I was in a cement parking structure. I park in this same parking structure Monday - Friday and this issue doesn't happen everyday so the location is not a factor. The vehicle looses all power randomly so I fear that when I am on a freeway or traveling on a curvy road and experience this catastrophic failure, it could cause a fatal crash. A case number cas7689216 was opened because we told Ford that I refuse to drive the vehicle. Ford's csm contacted both me and my husband and requested that we continue to drive the unsafe vehicle and have Ford install a monitoring device so that they can determine the cause the next time this happens. I expressed that this is not a risk I am willing to take because our lives matter. Second option is to turn over the vehicle to a Ford dealership and pay for their technicians to performed "a long test drive" which would incur possibly thousands of dollars in service hours and fuel. Not sure why the consumer would have to pay to fix a lemon vehicle. Third option given by the csm was to have BBB buy back the vehicle which doesn't appear to be an actual option available through BBB. Ford's csm told me "if we cannot recreate the problem, then there is no problem."

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Sep 112015

Door ajar light keeps coming on even when door is shut. The lights stay on and doors will not lock.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Sep 012015

While driving, my car made an alert that the left front (driver's) door was ajar although it did not seem to be. I stopped at the next light and reclosed the door yet the alert did not go away until the door was closed aggressively a couple of times. Since that initial incident, this has occurred several times and has gotten to the point that the alert remains on at all times. After tracking down the problem myself I discovered that the problem is primarily due to a design flaw in the door ajar sensor. After consulting with a local Ford dealership and an internet search, it's been discovered this is a persistent problem with the Ford Edge and many other Ford model vehicles which use this same part and always the driver's door (potentially because it's the most used). This is a safety issue and a recall needs to be issued due to the following: 1) the dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard; 2) the dome light stays on and creates a safety hazard when sitting in a public area at night; 3) the false door ajar signal prevents the driver from recognizing a true door ajar situation; 4) the doors will not lock either while driving or parked.

- Youngsville, LA, USA

Aug 242015

With all doors closed the drivers side locking mechanism failed causing the cabin lights to come on and and the system to start ringing. When the cabin lights came on they caused temp blindness and I swerved almost hitting pedestrians. This is a safety hazard also all doors unlocked when this happened I fear spmeone with children would find this alarming due to the fact that their children could easily open the door because of the doors being unlocked. After my incident I have to close the door multiable times for it to finally work sometimes slamming it which could cause my window to shatter but its the only way it works. I feel that Ford has put a sub par latch on these cars and have looked up online to see if I was the only one having this problem and found out that 1 out of five Edge owners have the same problem. I tried contacting Ford they just advise me to go to my local dealership which I did but I didnt have the $400 required to fix a problem that should have been fixed at the get go. I motion for a recall on this part.

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Aug 152015

The driver door ajar sensor is malfunctioning causing multiple problems. Doors don't lock automatically when in motion. It causes cabin lights to remain on once driving lights are on creating visibility issues. This also causes some of the door locking options to malfunction. When driving or stopped it generates false alarms or warnings.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Aug 192015

I was driving on the highway and there was a slight jolt.the service engine soon light came on and I lost all acceleration. When I stepped on the gas nothing what happening. I was able to coast to the shoulder and put the vehicle in park. In park the vehicle idled very rough. I turned the vehicle off and moments I tried to turn the vehicle and it took about 5 seconds for the vehicle to turn over, but when it did turn on the warning light was gone and the gas pedal worked. When I stepped on the gas the RPM's went up. I put the car in drive and it worked normal. I've read a about 100 reviews from three different websites from people who this same thing has happened. This seems to be a inherit and common problem.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jan 052015

As with many other Edge owners, the door sensor continues to malfunction. Numerous incidents are reported and discussed online. The "door open" indicator lights up, interior lights remain on and the alarm cannot be activated. My dealer first wanted to charge me to repair; then, repaired it at no cost, after I wrote a letter to the senior vp and service manager. This was on 1/5/15; when the tech reportedly cleaned the sensor. Now, it's about seven months later and the problem has started again and like many others, I am extremely frustrated. A recall should be in order. Please help me and the many other unhappy and concerned owners.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA