2010 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 212011

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F150. While driving approximately 65 mph the cruise control would not deactivate. The contact stated he applied pressure to the brake pedal. Placed the vehicle in neutral, and pressed on the cruise control button but the the cruise control would not deactivate. The vehicle came to a stop when the contact placed the gear shifter in park and depressed the brake pedal with extreme force.the contact shut the vehicle off.the contact restarted the vehicle three different times and each time the cruise control was still activated. The fourth time the vehicle was started the cruise control deactivated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics. The technicians were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 9,717.

- Searcy, AR, USA

Jan 072011

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact was driving approximately 45 mph an attempting to pass another vehicle when the accelerator pedal became stuck and pinned to the floor mat as the vehicle continued to accelerate. He then used his feet to release the floor mat from the accelerator pedal. The contact stated he had experienced the failure several times over a course of three months. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the dealer advised him that there was nothing they could do because of liability reasons. He was advised by the dealer that they could not alter the vehicle. The contact stated that there was a hole in the floor mat where a hook was supposed to secure the mat to the floor but there was no retainer clip in the floor board of the vehicle to secure the floor mat. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 5,000 and the current mileage was 9,900. Updated 11/03/11 updated 11/14/11

- Pahoa, HI, USA

Apr 242010

I have a 2010 Ford F150 crew cab truck. An incident happened around 3:30pm on 4 24 2010. The vehicle only had 1700 miles on it at the time. The accelerator pedal stuck to the floor under normal driving conditions. I had to slam on the brakes and the vehicle increased speed.the motor revved up to 7000rpm. I eventually put it into park and turned off the ignition. I was able to get the vehicle off the road into a parking lot. Fortunately, I was not injured and no accident occurred. I called roadside assistance and the vehicle was towed to maroone Ford in margate, fl. It was looked at by the service department on 4 26 2010. They inspected the vehicle and road tested it for only 4 miles and said no problem could be found. They called me later that afternoon and to pick up my vehicle in the morning. I did not feel safe at all driving the vehicle! I did not feel that they took this incident seriously. I decided to get a second opinion from another dealership. I took the truck to sawgrass Ford in sunrise, Florida (where I purchased the vehicle) where the head of the service department personally took care of me. He understood my concern and said that he would thoroughly check out the vehicle. They kept the truck for 4 days, test drove it for over 125 miles, ran all computerized tests, and also pulled off all wheels and checked the brakes. They could not replicate the incident. When picking up the vehicle, the service manager assured me the vehicle was safe. He also admitted that this had occurred in other F150 trucks, but said they had never treated the problem at their dealership. As of now, I have been driving the vehicle for two weeks without incident. I wanted to document what happened to me should this type of incident occur again.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jan 252010

Hi, on Monday, January 25, 2010, I test drove a 2010 Ford 150 supercrew 2wd pickup truck (with the salesman). A few feet out of the dealer lot I floored the accelerator to see what kind of acceleration the vehicle had. After releasing my foot completely from the accelerator and applying the brake, I noted that the accelerator was still acting as if it was about half way down. I mentioned to the salesman that the gas pedal was still down despite my foot being off of it and on the brake. I then removed my foot from the brake and kicked on the floor mat area (I did not remove my eyes from the road) with the heal of my foot in a rearward motion. Subsequently the stuck accelerator became unstuck. I really don't know if the floor mat was interfering with the pedal or not, I just know that it was stuck down and post my actions it was not. I am reporting this because I would feel awful if I said nothing and then someone lost their life because of a potential design flaw. Tw*

- Huntsville, AL, USA