2010 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 012014

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the accelerator pedal failed and became stuck to the floorboard. The vehicle accelerated forcefully and immediately decelerated. The mechanic and check engine indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failure. The dealer cleaned the throttle body; however, the failure was not corrected. A diagnostic was performed, which located a failure code at the throttle body position sensor. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jan 032016

F-150

I was driving along the highway, at approximately 60 mph, attempting to pass another vehicle. When I pressed on the accelerator it got stuck, the gas pedal went to the floor and truck accelerated rapidly on it's own. I mashed the brakes to the floor and the engine continued to rev and over power the brakes. I put my truck in neutral, and after an abrupt jerk, I pulled over to the far lane as the tires screeched to a stop. There was no shoulder and there were guard rails blocking me from getting to the median and no exits nearby, all the while the truck is continuing to rev out. I shut my truck off with the key, as soon as I could, to avoid damaging the engine or transmission due to the high rpms. After we sat, stopped, on the far lane of the highway for about 30 seconds (cars flying by honking) I tried to start the truck back up and it wouldn't start, turned it over again and it started. Obviously, this was a very dangerous situation, as we were on a 4 lane highway with traffic going 60+ mph all around us, my wife and 2 small children were in the truck at the time. There should be some kind of brake override for an unintended and out of control acceleration like what we experienced. I woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck, hopefully it's just stress and not an actual injury. I'm thankful no one was seriously hurt. Ford, you need to do something about this before someone gets injured, or worse.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Oct 162015

F-150

The contact owned a 2010 Ford F-150. While attempting to park at approximately 2 mph, the vehicle independently accelerated and crashed into a brick building. The air bags deployed. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed and declared destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. The VIN was not available.

- Malakoff, TX, USA

Feb 032011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

While breaking to stop at an intersection the truck unintentionally accelerates and will not stop. The ABS brake pulsations continued walking the F150 into the intersection as the engine rpms climbes. I put it in neutral, the engine revves very high, I released the brake and then slammed it back down. The rpms drop to normal and the truck stoppes. It has done this once every year since 2011. It shows no trouble codes and won't do it for the Ford service technicians.

- Gunnison, CO, USA

Aug 202014

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F 150. The contact stated while starting the vehicle, there was an abnormal noise coming from the engine as if the vehicle was accelerating rapidly. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Firebaugh, CA, USA

Dec 262014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Accelerator stuck to floorboard. Applied maximum braking until brakes faded and were no longer effective in deceleration. Turned off ignition and coasted to the curb. After 3-5 minutes, restarted the engine and vehicle functioned normally. Purchased this truck used and this was the first time the accelerator was applied fully. It will be the last.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Jul 222014

F-150

When I try to start my car all of the warning lights and theft lights flash and the vehicle won't turn. If I leave it for some time and come back and try it, sometimes it will work. When it does work it's only briefly, the A/C goes out but still blows air, the instruments including speedometer go to zero even when I'm on the highway. This is a huge issue due to safety and reliability. I've taken it to a Ford dealership, they held it for two weeks and gave it back to me saying it was working fine. On my way back from the dealership, the same thing happened again. This has been a huge hassle and I've had to miss work because of it.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 222014

F-150 8-cyl

The truck is 6/22/14 lunging and the wrench light and then the check engine light came on today 6/22/14. The same thing happened last year and it was the throttle control sensor.

- Racine, WV, USA

Dec 272013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while putting the vehicle in reverse, the vehicle accelerated abnormally at an excessive speed. The contact then shifted into drive and the vehicle accelerated uncontrollably and crashed into two vehicles. Two passengers in the vehicle sustained injuries to the neck, shoulder and back. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed and repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 58,300.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jul 222013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the accelerator pedal became stuck upon engagement as the rpms began to abnormally increase to 4,000. The accelerator pedal eventually released after repeated force was applied. The failure recurred twice when the contact was driving at speeds over 60 mph. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 49,000.

- San Jacinto, CA, USA

Jul 192013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the vehicle started to accelerate independently and without warning. The contact stated that he engaged the brakes in order to slow the speed of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 20,000.

- Westland , CA, USA

Mar 292013

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, he depressed the accelerator pedal but the vehicle would not respond and began to shutter. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the intake valve would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,400.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 042013

F-150 8-cyl

Filed a complaint earlier in the year about the electrical problems, and finally received a call back from the dealer. I took my 2010 Ford F-150 in and it was determined the wiring harness was defective. Well great...900$ to get if fixed. Not covered under warranty. Truck will not start without it. Wow, I use to love Ford... never again will I purchase a Ford of any kind. Thanks.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Oct 052012

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the accelerator pedal became stuck as the vehicle accelerated to 80 mph. The contact turned off the ignition to stop the failure. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was advised that something had most likely became stuck on the accelerator pedal, as they could not replicate the failure nor generate a failure code during the diagnosis. The failure and current mileages were 43,000.

- Ocean Township, NJ, USA

May 082012

F-150 8-cyl

On May 8th 2012, my truck stalled while I was merging into traffic at approx. 55 mph. The vehicle was brand new when I purchased it in may of 2009 from gulf coast auto Ford in angleton, Texas. So, I had them tow it to their shop for repairs. The mass air flow sensor was replaced on May 9th, and I drove the vehicle until Friday, May 11th, when the same problem occurred. The vehicle stalled at traffic speeds, died, and then couldn't be restarted! this second incident also resulted in my having the vehicle towed to the dealership where I am told that they can't find the problem!! it now starts after the stalling, but not until a period of hours passes. What can I do" this is a serious safety issue" Ford is telling the dealership to put an on-board data recorder on my truck that they cannot even get from Ford! I only have 52000 miles on this vehicle and have cared for it meticulously.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Aug 102011

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, he released the accelerator but the vehicle lunged forward abnormally and increased in speed. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred while waiting at a traffic stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 5 and the current mileage was 11,000.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Nov 272011

F-150 8-cyl Diesel

As I was traveling on I-95 today at 1pm at 75mph my truck suddenly jerked me forward as I let off accelerator it downshifted from 6th to first violently locking me rear brakes up and fishtailing me into the shoulder. The car then stalled and I coasted safely to a stop. The car would start back up and run but I called roadside assistance and was towed to the dealer/ this was a very scary and dangerous situation. Had it been raining or wet conditions I would have been in a serious accident and even died. I do not want to understate this occurrence. This had to be looked in to immediately.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Sep 192011

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated the floor mats became stuck under the accelerator pedal causing the vehicle to accelerate suddenly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated the floor mats were issued with the vehicle and to request a refund from the parts department. The dealer did not remove the floor mats. The manufacturer was notified and stated he needed to show a receipt before a refund could be issued. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Centreville, OH, USA

Jul 202011

F-150

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle caught on fire in the parking lot of a hospital while the engine was turned off. The dealer denied any assistance with repairs to the failure and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. A fire report was available. The failure and current mileage was 10,000.

- Marion, IN, USA

Jul 112011

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 5-8 mph, the vehicle surged forward. The brakes were applied, but the vehicle would not stop until crashing into a tree. The air bags did not deploy, but there were no injuries. The contact also stated that this was the fifth time the vehicle surged forward unexpectedly. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer to have the failure diagnosed. The failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 08/31/11 update 09/09/11

- Burnet, TX, USA