2013 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-150:

2013 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 222014

Purchased new 2013 Ford eco pickup. It was advertised and sold to be a high efficient fuel economical vehicle. First time temperatures dropped below 30 degrees F, my fuel mileage drastically dropped. After discussion with dealership, they seemed to be aware of the affect cold air had on its fuel mileage. Prior to cold weather I was experiencing 18 to 24 mpg. As soon as cold weather arrived I was experiencing 12 to 14 mpg. This type of mileage is consistent all through the winter until late spring. Seems the 24 mpg is unachievable anymore. Dealership briefly explained the boosters work best in warm weather. This information was not offered during the purchase process. I even showed them a magazine article written on how Ford eco boost had been experiencing lower than advertised mpg. The salesman acknowledged the article and said they had corrected the problem. I was told during a maintenance process, that it had to have 12,000 miles before they could test it for lack of mpg. I had it inspected at 11,800 miles and they claim there is nothing they can do. My advice to anyone purchasing a 150 eco boost expecting good to above average mpg, it will not happen.

- Emerson , NE, USA

May 052014

F-150 8-cyl

Unintended acceleration design defect in vehicles equipped with an electronic throttle control system.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Feb 102014

I was accelerating up a hill at approximately 50 mph when a rapid deceleration occurred. I had to quickly merge onto the shoulder in order to avoid being hit from behind. I then shut off the vehicle, waited, composed myself, restarted the vehicle, and drove safely to work. I did, however, have the "check engine" illuminate on my way home and seemed to sense some stiffness in the brakes. This should not happen in a vehicle with 8000 miles on it.

- Holmen, WI, USA

Jul 042013

We bought our 2013 F150 XLT 4X4 V6 flex fuel at denham Ford in wetaskiwin alberta. We traveled across country to Ontario. We have continued to drive it. Approximately 9000 kms for mileage our truck has steadily lost acceleration power. Going up burlington skyway and garden city skyway (100 km/H major highway) truck struggle to maintain 60 km/H uphill with pedal to the floor! had instrumental panel problems improper display of amount of gas or distance to E. driveshaft constantly clunking and transmission slippage. Ford refused to replace after towing of problems and constant call ins to customer service. Took to local dealer and 7-8 technicians stood round scratching head replaced fuel pump did not make a difference. Ford ask for payment $558.08 we not have funds as all of our money going into gas to repair truck and false reading on panel and Ford refused to help us. We felt used and scared of being rear ended by a semi was not safe. Did diagnostic no codes. Beyond code problem. First known problem in North America...huge lemon.

- Camden, AR, USA

Jul 172013

F-150 8-cyl

At or aroung 500 miles on my brand new 2013 Ford F150 svt raptor a message come up on the 4.2 incd lcd that read "check fuel inlet". I was at a gas station putting gas in my truck and while I was pumping gas I called harbin Ford and spoke with a service rep. And told them what had come up on the lcd. The service rep. Told me to open the back door and look under the back seat on driver side and there should be a white funnel looking object about 6 inches long. I pulled up at my home and parked my truck under our carport which has 2 open walls and another to enter the carport. On the North end the carport is supported by 3 steel poles which holds the carport up which is attached to our house. I placed my truck in (P) park and left the engine running, my mother was outside about 10 feet from my truck. And I thought before I got in my truck that maybe I should try the funnel deal mentioned earlier in this description. So I just opened the back door because the front was already open because I left my truck running and it was in the (P) position but I got the funnel and opened the fuel door and started sticking the funnel in and out repeating several times. And about the 2nd or 3rd time sticking the funnel in and out of the fuel inlet my truck acted like someone had placed my truck in reverse and it started coming in reverse. My mother seen this and she screamed at me to get out of the way and I just seen a opening between the doors and I somehow ended up in the driver seat and I hit the brake and to disbelief I looked at the driver side door and it was almost ripped completely off and the driver side fender was also crinkled up from the door catching on the last pole exiting our carport. I looked over at the auto transmission and the truck was still in park?

- Scottsboro, AL, USA

Aug 182013

I drove my F150 for a short distance of maybe 3 miles, shut it off, entered the post office for approximately 5 minutes, drove the truck across the street for a distance of maybe 1/4 mile, shut it off and went into a business for maybe 5 minutes. Upon starting the truck to return home it would not shift into drive. I looked at the instrument panel and saw the rpms to be over 3000. I did not hear the engine revving due to ac blower noise. I checked the accelerator to see if anything was touching it and nothing was near the accelerator. I shut the truck off, restarted, and it performed normally. Other issues: 1) several months ago the radio would not turn on while driving and when I shut the truck off the outside temperature display along with the date/time display was flashing symbols instead of displaying alpha-numeric characters. Upon restarting the truck the display returned to normal and the radio functioned normally. 2) when applying full throttle the engine basically stalls which can be somewhat hazardous when entering an interstate highway with a short entrance ramp and heavy traffic. I mention all of these items because in my opinion they would point to computer issues on the ecoboost.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Feb 012013

F-150 6-cyl

I purchased my 2013 Ford F-150 ecoboost in December 2012. The first incident occurred in approximately March 2013. It was raining. I was accelerating from a stop light where I had made a complete stop. I could not gain speed very well. The engine light was flashing. The engine was sputtering/popping and the whole truck was shaking violently. The same has occurred ever since on more than a dozen occasions and at various speeds. However, each time was while it was raining. Never has had a problem in fair weather. I experience a total loss of power, many times when on the interstate or while trying to overcome a vehicle. The front-end lurches, I lose speed dramatically, the engine shakes violently when I accelerate. The engine sputters and sounds like it doesn't know whether to choke out or blow up. The engine light flashes for approximately 1 minute each time. Almost sounds like a misfire. Happens several times during one trip often, but always when it rains. Continuous occurrences and beginning to become more frequent. Have taken my truck to 2 dealerships, neither of which can detect any dtcs or any other problem. Offer no advice other than to keep driving it until the engine light stays on permanently. They have no idea what causes the problem. I am really afraid that the problem may result in a motor vehicle accident. Have not had one yet, but have a had a couple of incidents where I had to pull over to avoid an accident. Problem is so persistent that I am considering trading vehicles, especially since I have been offered no remedy for the problem. I have also filed a complaint with Ford Motor Co. On 07/30/2013.

- Roswell, GA, USA

May 152013

F-150 6-cyl

Vehicle lost power when trying to pass another vehicle. Note I was in a 75 mph area trying to pass a vehicle that had trash flying off truck. In any case when I punched the accelerator the vehicle did a nose dive as it lost power. It took about 2 seconds for the vehicle to restore to normal operation.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Apr 252013

F-150 6-cyl

Eco boost engine lost power when trying to accelerate and pass. This has happened three times. Ford dealer could not reproduce now and no response from Ford. Traveling speed 75 and tried to pass at 85.

- Anthem, AZ, USA

Jan 082013

F-150 6-cyl

Not getting sticker mpg; took vehicle back and Ford milham dealership in easton pa off rt 33 said " there is nothing we can do about it" power steering rack also malfunctioned at 7,000 miles. Dealership manager agreed there is an issue with the vehicle. I dropped the vehicle off on a Wednesday. Thursday night they called and stated everything checked out and "Ford says it's within range". I was also told I will receive a survey online - I never received the email to communicate my dissatisfaction with the vehicle and the dealership. Vehicle now has 10,000 miles and now I get 16 mpg on highway (no city driving).

- Walnutport, PA, USA