6.0

1. replace the core (2 reports)
2001 Ford Focus AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Focus:

2001 Ford Focus Owner Comments

May 012010

Focus

Okay, so I thought my AC was low on Freon for some reason so I had a licensed friend add two cans. Then the NEXT summer I had to do it again. I thought it was strange but again had my friend add more cans of air. Third summer, I had the same issue. Now, I took it to my wonderful mechanic and had them check it out. It turns out that the evaporator core and another part of the A/C system that I can't remember the name of it and can't find my estimate. The estimate was over $1000 to fix my A/C problems!

- , FORT WAYNE, IN, USA

Oct 222008

Focus SE 1.8L

Had to replace a leaking evaporator core in the dash, repair shop said this was the typical issue they see with the Focus ($$$)

- , Rockledge, FL, USA