2003 Ford Focus suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford Focus:

2003 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jan 012014

Focus SE

I feel this car is an accident waiting to happen if I drive more than 30 MPH on any road that has snow pack when all other cars are going 50+ mph. I am 63 y/o and have driven hundreds of thousands of miles in all weather with no accidents but I am afraid of this car in the winter. I have had the suspension checked by 3 different mechanics 5 times and they all say "everything's tight, no worn bushings etc etc" I had the front bushings and tire rod replaced and have done a 4 wheel alignment but nothing helps. I have put varying amounts of weight in the trunk and/or rear floor board with no good results...weight has varied from 70#s to 400#s. I see lots of complaints. Do I have to die before Ford acknowledges this is a problem and fixes it?

- , Columbia, MO, USA