2007 Ford Focus drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Focus:

2007 Ford Focus Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 082010

Focus

I have a 2007 Ford Focus. I was shopping and went to put my car in park and the gearshift fell apart in my hand! the whole thing disconnected, wires hanging out the bottom, no way I could put it back in by myself, so I was stranded until tow showed up. Waiting to find out if this falls under warranty or I will be paying out of pocket for repairs. Totally ticked off, even more so after doing research on the internet and finding out other people are having this problem with this car. When something like this happens, which obviously is not from abuse or neglect on the part of the driver, the manufacturer should be responsible for repairs. Why isn't there a recall in place so these problems can be addressed before the drivers end up stranded?!

- Aiken, SC, USA

Sep 092010

Focus

I own a 2007 Ford Focus with 45K miles on it. Around 42K miles I begin to experience problems with my car when I need to accelerate quickly such as merging onto an interstate highway. The car would begin to accelerate but once it reached 3rd gear the car would jerk and start revving very loud but be stuck and would not accelerate. Initially it was occasional and would not be very bad to overcome, simply release the gas pedal for a while then it'd fix itself. But it has gotten progressively worse to the point where I cannot get the car over 30 mph due to this issue no matter how slowly or fast I accelerate. The car will rev very loud usually at 3K+ RPM, but will not accelerate. I have to pull off the road whenever I can; turn the car off and try again. It turns out it is an issue with the alternator of this car particularly the 2007 model. I researched it and many other people who own the same make/model/year car are encountering this problem as well. And have been given a hard time by the dealers when it came to getting answers and help. Its become obvious that this must be a defect with this car. And it need to be addressed formally.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Apr 192010

Focus

Ford Focus, 2007 the gear shift in my 07 Ford Focus just fell off into my hand! I was at the store, and put it into reverse, and the button that you depress to shift into reverse popped out, followed by the spring mechanism that holds it into place in the gear column. I tried to put it back in, and finally was able to reach in and depress a small button, thus enabling me to shift it into drive and take it home. I called the dealership where I bought it, and my warranty has expired. (of course). I also called Ford, and there is no recall in effect. The part costs over $1500. To replace. Being a single mom (disabled) and not working, I can not afford this! with the amount of complaints on this issue that I have read online, it seems to me that a recall is in order!

- Portland, ME, USA