2006 Ford Fusion lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Fusion:

2006 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jul 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

My brake lights and rear blinkers are no longer working. One day they just went out. Of course I took it to my mechanic right away since it is extremely dangerous driving at night with no brake lights and I had recently enrolled into night classes for my fall semester. I left my car with my mechanic for nearly a week because he thought the switch needed to be replaced. He ordered a new one, but when it arrived he called to tell me that it wasn't what he thought it was. He let me keep the new switch free of charge since he wasn't able to help me at all. I had to walk to the shop to pick up my car because my mechanic was just as baffled as I was. Since someone who went to school for this kind of stuff couldn't help me, I figured I would google the issue to see if there were any answers out there. I found websites full of people having similar issues. ( ; )

- Conway, AR, USA

Dec 292014

My daughter noticed both front turn signals were not flashing while both rear ones worked fine. All indicators from inside the car showed front turn signals working when they were not. I replaced bulbs to no avail. I went on internet and discovered other owners who had the same or similar problem with turn signals. People on the internet recommended replacement of the smart junction box at the dealer for approximately $600. I took car to local dealer for replacement of smart junction box. Turn signals began to work fine. What I am concerned about, is that this same smart junction box controls several other functions of the car. Several comments found on the internet said that Ford Fusion had actually lost power on the highway when being driven at normal speeds. The entire car went dead in highway traffic. Without power steering, they could hardly get car out of the highway. This was reported several times. Again, the reason for the loss of power was the failure of the smart junction box. I do not understand how Ford cannot be held accountable to a safety recall for this issue.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Aug 262014

Fusion 4-cyl

Right directional signal didn't work.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Apr 032013

Fusion 6-cyl

Front turn signals or hazard lights inoperative. Rears working O.K. the interior directional indicators on the dashboard show that the turn signals were working and no bulbs malfunctioning. Both front signal bulbs were replaced. The problem continued. There is no way from the interior of the vehicle to know that the signals or hazards are not working properly. The vehicle was taken to the Ford dealer and it was diagnosed as an internal fault in the smart junction box. Cost of repair was $617.11. Research has shown this to be a problem in all models of Ford vehicles recently.

- Berea, OH, USA

Jan 082013

Fusion 4-cyl

Front turn signal has stopped working. Bulb is good, fuse is good, wires are good. Mechanic says it is smart junction box.

- Neenah, WI, USA

Oct 252012

I was driving home from work, in the rain, when I got the dashboard message that my rf turn signal was out. Drove the rest of the way home and turned off the ignition and the lf parking light stayed on. Checked the bulbs and fuses and all were fine. Did some research online and found out about similar issues with the smart junction box. One suggestion was to disconnect the battery to see if it reset. Tried that with no success. We reconnected the battery the next morning and parking light came back on. Had to remove the bulb so I now had no front turn signals. Brought it in to the dealership, assuming the worst after my online research, and got the news it was the sjb to the tune of $700. I was told it wasn't under recall because it's not a safety issue. Having working lights and turn signals would seem to qualify as a safety issue to me?

- Hugo, MN, USA

Mar 162012

The turn signals and high beams no longer work during operation. All fuses and relays were checked and all fine. The parking lights do work when head lamps are on, work when hazards are turned on, and also flash when locked with key fob. But when using turn signal stalk nothing happens and therefore can not signal to turn or change lanes. Also high beams do not activate in any position of the signal stalk. The sjb is the source of the problem.

- Northglenn, CO, USA

Jul 012011

Front driver's side indicator/hazard light not working. Left rear driver side works. Consensus is either a smart junction box or headlight harness. Cost of repairs around $600 not including labor. Very costly for one turn signal. Big mistake on Ford's part.

- Bluefield, WV, USA

Mar 122011

Fusion 6-cyl

In 2006 I bought a 2006 Ford Fusion. I have had problems since I got it blowing bulbs in the turn signals. I now find out that it is my smart junction box causing this and Ford motor will do nothing about it. Part of the smart junction box is melted together. This is Ford's faulty design and their fault.

- Madison, IN, USA

Oct 152009

My left tail light has been replaced 3 times. Burn marks are visible and it is now out again. It was replaced early summer 2009 it is now Oct 2009.

- Naugatuck, CT, USA