2007 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 152016

Fusion

While parked and a passenger tried to open the back door on driver's side, the handle exploded and sent a piece of the handle into the front seating area. This could have resulted in injury due to the size and speed of the projectile. It nearly missed the front passenger. I have checked with Ford Motor Company and was told there is no recall on this.

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Jan 202016

Fusion

On Jan. 20 2016, I was driving my 2007 Fusion and pulled into my driveway and the driver's door popped open on it's own. Luckily I was moving slowly and it did not hit any thing. The door would not latch and could not close it. I had to use a heavy bungee cord to hold door closed so I could drive it to dealer for repair. Was told that the door hinges failed, causing door to drop and break the spring pawl in door latch. So $900 later they repaired the door and I was able to operate car safely again. I feel that the hinges were faulty and caused a safety failure. I see that some newer models are being recalled for faulty door hinges currently. This recall should be extended to 2007 models. I feel I should be reimbursed for all or part of what had to pay to fix it. Also should see if this affecting other owners. Mileage was 96,575.

- Parma, OH, USA

Aug 022016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact stated that the dashboard material began to buckle around the air bag department. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who tightened and re-applied the material on the dashboard. The contact informed the manufacturer who stated that there was no official repair for the vehicle and they would not be able to reimburse the contact for the repair services. The approximate failure mileage was 78,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hummelstown, PA, USA

Jan 052016

Fusion

My car begin make a loud squeaking noise. (I describe it as if it was a old rust car) when I was driving. It didn't matter if the steering wheel was turning or not. I was told by one mechanic that it was my tire rod ends. ($400 later 3/1/16) my car is still making that sound when it's hot outside. My air bag on the passenger side dash board is buckling. My passenger door makes a lot of noise.( loud vibration sound)

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jun 162016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. When the vehicle was started and in the park position, the air bag light remained illuminated. The contact noticed that the dashboard was bulging approximately an inch or more. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 43,000.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Oct 122007

Fusion

Takata recall: I purchased my Ford Fusion in 2007 and I received awesome comments; this was the ratings from my older family members, bragging about my car; as being "top of the line vehicle" sounded great! within my first year, on a Saturday my car would not start, before going to work, it was corrosion on my battery post. The following Monday, I contacted hixon Ford service dept. In monroe, la; told them of my experience and was told that they have not heard of any problems. I was given a free battery, without anyone looking into why the car wouldn't start or corrosion on the battery. I didn't think I would have been treated in that manner throughout the time I have my car. Since then, several other problems, such as the rubber around the dash vent, where the defrost air comes out, lifted up out of place. One day the 6-cd changer would not release my cds'; but months later after pressing the button everyday, I pressed the reject and they all came out. Another experience was when the two front door latches just popped out; at a later time, the two back latches popped out. Since I could only afford to get the driver door latch repaired, I would still lock my car door, but they do not lock. Another incident happened when I tried to slow down, because of the bumpy road and my car felt like it hydroplaned; I couldn't stop (scaaarrryy!). after each incident, I would call hixon Ford and ask for recall status, concerning my incidents. They would always tell me, they have not heard anything, but when I called the main office, I was told that nothing had been reported. I never felt they cared what happened to me, because they didn't look into the first incident, but years later, I received an apology; give them another chance with my next purchase and they can't do anything now. Well, they never did anything and I would have been very surprised if they did.

- Monroe, LA, USA

Jan 062015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard was out of place and caused the air bag on the passenger side to be exposed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was not available.

- Stratford, CT, USA

Mar 032015

Fusion

The interior plastic door handle both on the passenger and driver side, stops working. Upon further inspection, it clear that the moving parts inside the door handle are made of really cheap plastic and breaks on the inside. The door does not open from the inside, have to put window down and open from the outside. This is a dangerous hazard where someone could get hurt if they are unable to get out of the car quickly. This seems to be very very common with Ford Fusion base on information provided my the mechanic and a google search. Ford needs to fix this. They need to issue a recall.

- Sharon, MA, USA

Oct 122015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the passengers side dashboard was prematurely deteriorating and warping near where the air bag was located. The contact was concerned that the failure would cause the air bags to fail. The dealer was notified of the failure and indicated that the contact would need to schedule an appointment to receive repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Bushnell, IL, USA

Mar 032016

Fusion

The car has always made strange noises when going over bumbs. I just thought it was normal. A couple of months ago, the car started making a popping noise as I backed out of my driveway. Now it has progressed to loud popping noise when I accelerate and apply the brakes. I had the car looked at and I was told something is wrong with the subframe and to take it to Ford. It turns out that welds in the subframe are cracked and causing the loud popping noises and vehicle stability issues. This is a known issue but Ford will not fix the issue until someone dies I guess.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Oct 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the passenger side dashboard was raised over the position of the air bag cover. Since the failure, the air bag sensor light would intermittently illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who indicated that the dashboard would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Jul 032015

Fusion

While driving the rear right door of my '07 Fusion became ajar. The door becomes ajar while turning left and right. Also the rear right door does not close securely and has to be gently pressed into the frame of the car in order for the latch to be somewhat secure.

- Peachtree City, GA, USA

Jun 082015

Fusion

Upon exiting my vehicle, I opened the inside door handle as usual with no extra force when I felt a "snap" from within the handle. The handle stuck out and does not return back to the normal position after pulling on it. I rolled down my window to open my door using the exterior handle and had to reset the lock inside the door jam. When exiting my vehicle, I now have to pull the handle out halfway and then pull the lock above and the handle at the same time to disengage the lock and open the door. Besides this, the rest of the functionality seems to work as expected. Not sure why the inside of the handle is made out of plastic and not metal as I've read dozens of forums on the same issue and should be addressed by Ford.

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Nov 112014

Fusion 4-cyl

Door latch failure on driver's door. Door would not stayed closed.

- Dublin, OH, USA

Mar 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard detached from the air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 63,000.

- Deer Park, NY, USA

Jun 012010

Fusion 4-cyl

The paint began to fade off the hood to a white color. You can barely see any red now. The rest of the pint looks mint. I take very good car as it is my baby. This issue began when it was only 2 years old. I have always owned Ford. I own 3 now. Ford, you owe me a hood paint job.

- Daingerfield, TX, USA

Jun 272014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard was lifted up near the passenger side air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Carneys Point, NJ, USA

Aug 152014

Fusion

The drivers side door locking mechanism has broke and the door will not close. We had to use a bungee cord to driver it to the repair shop and now they are telling us, 450$ to fix it. Very scary drive with the door not engaged.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jul 092012

Fusion

Dashboard on the passenger side of the car has become unglued and is now sticking up above the airbag panel. It appears that this could be safety issue if the airbag were to deploy.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

May 222013

Fusion 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard was deteriorating. The contact was concerned that the front passenger's side air bag would become compromised. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was advised that the entire dashboard needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 83,000. Updated 9/19/13

- Dauphin, PA, USA