2007 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 062016

Fusion

While driving in downtown columbia, SC on devine St. December 6, 2016, it started raining. I saw the car in front me indicate they were going to turn so I tried to stop. The brake pedal touched the floor and the steering wheel started shaking. I started to slide, and before my car slowed down, I hit the car in front of me. Moments later the car behind me collided into the rear of my car,

- Columbia, SC, USA

May 252016

Fusion

I was driving down garners ferry in columbia, SC on a rainy day in June, towards where it turns into devine St., and as I passed the target (shoppes at woodhill, 6090 garners ferry rd, columbia, SC 29209) I started attempting to slow down because the road is downhill. As I started to press the brakes the car didn't seem to be slowing. I took a second to glance down and make sure I was pressing the brake. I was so I panicked and started stomping the brake. I felt the car shaking and vibrating the steering wheel and it sounds like the brakes were locked but I couldn't stop my car before rear-ending an SUV at full speed in my Ford Fusion on the garners ferry/devine St. And rosewood/wildcat rd. Intersection. The front end of my car was damaged totaling over $1,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

May 112016

Fusion

Between 55-65K the brake pedal became soft/mushy and sporadically would go all the way to the floor/firewall when trying to stop; sometimes rolling through a stop sign or a traffic light. At first, it was sporadic; then, the brakes needed to be pumped every time before stopping or the car would continue to travel as the brake pedal would go all the way to the floor/firewall. Eventually pumping the brakes did not work and I had a mushy brake pedal with no brakes at all that would go right to the floor and the car would not stop. I had new rotors and pads installed and bled the brakes but this did not correct the problem. After researching and diagnosing the problem I bought and installed a used hydraulic control unit from the identical make, year and model as my car. I could not afford a new unit at $880 dollars plus tax and dealer installation $$$$. the brakes worked fine after the used hydraulic control unit was installed. The problem is that after an anti-lock breaking event a valve in the unit remains stuck in the open position and causes the soft breaking.

- Montvale, NJ, USA

Jun 292013

Fusion

On June 29, 2013 I was driving on route 13 towards highway 71 in Ohio near bellville. I began to attempt to stop at the second stop light before the highway passed over 13 and my brakes failed to respond. I heard on the news about the investigation into the brake failure for these types of vehicles and wanted to help. I was sited for the accident, but my brakes were less than 6 months old. I never had contact with the woman I hit because my car rolled through both intersections, I had to use the grass median to slow the car before using the parking brake to stop the car completely. The car rolled about 1,600 ft before I could stop it. I can provide more information with time as I now live in Texas.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Nov 172015

Fusion

Major accident due to faulty breaks. I was driving with in a major intersection and traffic stopped suddenly and when I braked the car's brakes did not respond so I rear ended a vehicle in front of me. I even tried to avoid the vehicle by going outside the lane, but brakes delayed.

- Odem, TX, USA

Mar 012012

Fusion

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Fusion. While driving 50 mph, the brakes failed when applied and the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was injured and required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 180,000.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Dec 182016

Fusion

Brake pedal will randomly go to the floor, losing all brake control. When pedal is pumped, I regain brakes, but have had some very close calls. It usually does it while in motion. This has happened several times. Local Ford dealer found no brake problems when inspected.

- Chandlersville, OH, USA

Oct 242016

Fusion

ABS failed to stop my car.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 232016

Fusion

When hitting a bump in the road while braking or after braking quickly and hard, brake pressure/resistance is lost--not completely, but disarmingly noticeable. I have to pump the brakes once to feel more pressure/resistance. My Fusion has experienced this problem for years. I'm pretty sure I reported it to the service department of harrold Ford in sacramento ca years ago and that I was told the brakes function as they should. Given that reply, I assumed that this is a side effect of ABS brakes. I am reporting this complaint now because of the recent media reports that NHTSA is investigating this type of complaint.. the date shown in "when did this happen?" is an estimate of the last time it occurred. It has occurred many times in the 10+ years that I have been driving this car. The car is owned by my employer, California farm bureau federation.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 292016

Fusion

Brakes are mushy after the anti-lock brakes engage. This happened before, months ago, and the mushy feeling went away in a few days. The problem just happened again and the brakes are still mushy a day later. The first time was due to snow on the road. The second time due to moss and rain on a gravel driveway on a steep hill.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Nov 142016

Fusion

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Fusion. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle lost all brake function and rear-ended another vehicle. The air bags deployed. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the nose, neck, and hand. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the crash. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Raynham, MA, USA

Dec 152016

Fusion

When applying the brakes in snow, the brake pedal went to the floor. Happened again on regular blacktop pulling out of a low spot.

- London, OH, USA

Jul 052016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. While driving approximately 30 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and failed to operate as intended. The contact stated that the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard when depressed. The contact also stated that there was an abnormal grinding noise coming from the front of the vehicle. The contact stated that the vehicle recently received a complete brake job. The vehicle was not taken to be diagnosed or repaired. The failure recurred on three occasions. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000.

- Laona, WI, USA

Nov 022016

Fusion

After changing rotor and brake pad all around on vehicle the brake pedal still goes almost all the way to floor. Car will stop but not without some additional pumping and allowing more time to stop

- Hinesburg, VT, USA

Dec 282016

Fusion

While driving down a city road this morning at 40 mph, I applied the brakes as I approached the intersection. There was a red light and I was unable to decelerate normally or completely stop. The brake pedal depressed completely to the floor and I had very little control. I pumped the brakes feverishly. The brake pedal was very soft and hit the floor quickly. If it had not been so early in the morning, I would have been in an accident. Though I was able to slow my speed, I was not able to stop in time. I had to roll through the red light and turn right. This is not the first time this has happened. It happened before on the highway in rainy, inclement weather. The traffic was slow and I was able to avoid hitting the car in front of me. I attributed this to wet, slippery road conditions. I now feel something is truly wrong with the braking system.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Oct 012016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. When the brake pedal was applied, the pedal traveled to the floorboard without warning. The dealer replaced the ABS module and ABS pump, but the failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 49,500.

- Kingston, PA, USA

Dec 012016

Fusion

While driving on an uneven surface, the vehicle's brakes failed causing a rear end/front end collision

- Norwood, NJ, USA

Dec 122016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. When the brake pedal was depressed, the brake pedal was spongy and slow to respond. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Bowlus, MN, USA

Aug 302007

Fusion

I wanted to file my complaint on the brakes. I have had this vehicle since 8/07 and have had a few mechanics check the brakes. If I hit my brakes going over a bump they will go straight to the floor. Most times it takes a couple hours for the brakes to return to normal. I have had many close calls; with the last one hitting the brakes and not knowing a bump was there, I had to swerve to keep from running into the back of another vehicle. This issue with the brakes has been going on continuous. Received recall letter for tarkata airbags still not had them repaired

- Lorain, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. While driving 35 mph, the brakes failed to respond when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact crashed into the preceding vehicle. The contact sustained minor bruises that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center and the body damages were repaired. The cause of the failure was not determined. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Midlothian, VA, USA