2007 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

May 042015

Fusion

Passenger side airbag is bulging out of dash.

- Lindenhurst, IL, USA

Jun 152015

Fusion

Passenger side dash around air bag is buldging

- Menasha, WI, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion

The dashboard on the passenger side around the airbag is bulging. It has gotten worse as time goes on. I am worried that if I was ever in an accident, the passenger would not be protected.

- Layton, UT, USA

Jun 012015

Fusion

Passenger side airbag is bulging up on one side. I park in a garage and I'm in wi so we don't get extreme heat, so I'm not sure why I'm having a issue. It's either an airbag issue or a dashboard issue. My passenger side airbag light appears to be working fine...it only goes on with a passenger or when my purse gets too heavy and its on the seat. Also, my accelerator petal makes a weird static-sounding noise when it's at a certain position. It has nothing to do with speed, it happens at various speeds, so it's only when the petal is held in the same spot which is about halfway down to the floor. If I press the petal down beyond this spot or raise my foot so the petal is above that spot, the noise stops...only to return again when the petal eventually lands back in that problematic spot (about halfway down).

- Manitowoc, WI, USA

Jun 032015

Fusion

There is a bulging on my passenger side airbag, my passenger light airbag comes on I have approximately 93000 miles on my Ford Fusion.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

May 012014

Fusion

Dashboard around front passenger airbag is bulging up and will likely interfere with proper deployment of the bag in case of accident. This is a chronic problem with first generation Fusion that Ford refuses to address.

- Novato, CA, USA

Dec 112013

Fusion

On several occasions, primarily in colder weather, the air bag indicator in the instrument cluster on the dash board remains on after starting. This happens unpredictably at random intervals. Once the engine is warm, shutting off the ignition and restarting will resolve the problem. I am told that the air bags will not deploy if the air bag light is on.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Mar 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard detached from the air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 63,000.

- Deer Park, NY, USA

Oct 292012

Fusion

The contact owns 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that when swerving from oncoming traffic the vehicle rolled over and the airbags failed to deploy. The contact mentioned that the seat belt on the rear left hand side failed to lock causing the passenger to be ejected from the vehicle. A police report was filed and minor injuries were sustained to 3 occupants. As a result of the crash, the ejected passenger was paralyzed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN number was unavailable.

- Yucca Valley, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

Air bag is bulging out of the dashboard. I heard lots of other complaints & thought there was a recall on these airbags!

- North Arlington, NJ, USA

Jun 182014

Fusion 6-cyl

Back in June,2014 I noticed something weird on my dash. For some reason the dash above the passenger side airbag is bubbling up. At first I thought it might be the heat from the sun, so I started parking my car in the shade to avoid higher temps hitting the dash. Unfortunately, it did not help. The bubble kept growing and growing. Now it's so large that I am worried that the airbag has become compromised. I am concerned that the airbag may deploy when I'm driving or possible not deploy if I am in a car accident. It appears there are quite a few people complaining about the same problem. Please fix this Ford!! very dangerous!

- Lockport, NY, USA

Jan 122013

Fusion

Dash under airbag, above glove box on passenger side. Bulging and airbag light on.

- Sunbury, PA, USA

Jul 032014

Fusion

The passenger side air bag above the glove compartment is exposed. Now my airbag like will not turn off.

- N. Las Vegas, NV, USA

Dec 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

The air bag on passenger side is popping out from dash. I am worried the air bag my not work properly in an accident or my deploy while driving.

- Cinnaminson, NJ, USA

Nov 172014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that a bulged developed on the passenger side air bag. The contact was concerned that the air bag might inadvertently deploy. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Ottumwa, IA, USA

Jul 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

The air bag on the passenger side of the vehicle, above the glovebox has exposed itself and the actual part of the surrounding dashboard has lifted upwards on it's own, it appears to be a safety defect and now my passenger airbag light stays on and I'm scared it will go off at any time due to the exposure of the components.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jul 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

The air bag on the passenger side of the vehicle, above the glovebox has exposed itself and the actual part of the surrounding dashboard has lifted upwards on it's own, due to hear in my opinion, it is a safety defect and now my passenger airbag light is on (which means it's shut off on it's own) and I'm scared it will go off at any time due to the exposure of the components.

- Niagara Falls , NY, USA

Dec 182013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, the contact crashed into a pedestrian that walked in front of the vehicle. The pedestrian suffered from fatal injuries. The contact stated that the air bags also failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.the VIN was not available.

- Jeanerette, LA, USA

Sep 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

Large bulging under passager side air bag. Told it is cosmetic, but I cannot imagine that to be true. Afraid thad bag will trigger or will not expel when needed.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Sep 242014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that there was a bulge located on the front passenger side of the air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA