2007 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Oct 242014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that a bulge developed on the front passenger air bag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 68,000.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA

Sep 022013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag partially deployed and was exposed from the dashboard. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 126,000.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 082014

Fusion 6-cyl

The air bag on the passenger side is starting to open. It's raised about 1 to 2 inches. When I came of work and got in the car I found it like that. The car was not involved in any accidents. Please advise. Does anyone else have this issue?

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Oct 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

My wife was driving down the road and noticed some bulging thru the passenger airbag on the dash. She immediately pulled over and removed my 12 yr and secured him in the back seat with lap/shoulder belt. I contacted Ford today and they advised me that the dash would have to be replaced at my expense at a cost of $1000/1200 dollars. I think this should be a safety issue and Ford replace it. I can not imagine that airbag doing a faulty firing with no accident involved and striking my child. Thank you.

- Paris, TX, USA

Jul 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

Dashboard vinyl and padding is bulging away from the passenger airbag panel. This seems to be a safety issue as the airbag may not deploy properly in an accident, or may deploy at any time without an accident and injure the passenger. Sometimes airbag light goes on. Although the dashboard looks unsightly, this is not a cosmetic issue, it is a safety issue!!

- Plymouth, MI, USA

Jun 182014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag housing was fractured. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Aug 022013

Fusion 4-cyl

The air bag warning light is on. When diagnosed at the dealer, the seat weight sensor under the passenger seat has stopped working and needs to be replaced.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Aug 072014

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. While driving 40 mph, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure occurred numerous times. An independent mechanic replaced a sensor, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 48,900. Updated 10/02/14 updated 3/3/15

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 252014

Fusion 6-cyl

Dash is lifting beneath the passenger side airbag. I'm afraid the air bag either may deploy unexpectedly or not at all.

- Manchester, CT, USA

Apr 042013

Fusion

Passenger side air bag cover is raised about a quarter inch around the edge airbag has not deployed but I am very concern.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Jul 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

The dashboard on top of where the air bag is bowing up causing a space where there shouldn't be. I'm scared that the airbag will deploy on it's own with no reason.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

The air bag on the passenger side has been bulging for over a year now. When I first noticed it, I checked to see if it could be fixed. I was told that I would have to pay out of pocket expenses to fix it and it would probably cost me well $1000 bucks. Some have been quoted over $2000. My car is paid for and I am no longer covered under warranty. Even with a warranty I was informed that it would most likely not be covered under a warranty. To me, this issue a safety hazard. I am forced to leave the passenger side air bag off because I am afraid if I hit a bad bump in the road, it might explode and cause me to have an accident or even injure my passenger. Having to leave it off, if I have an accident it may not deploy if I am involved in an accident. I researched and there are numerous complaints regarding the bulging air bag on different models of the Ford Fusion, I do not feel it is fair that I/we should have to pay out of pocket to fix this problem because it is a safety hazard and not a cosmetic problem caused by the consumer. Is Ford going to wait until something terrible happens and face a lawsuit because they do not want to recall these vehicles and fix the problem? I do not have a couple $1000 dollars to get this fixed. My ac has been broken since last year. I don't even have the money to fix the ac. Please, if there is anything that can be done to get this. This really needs to be on the recall list.

- Bessemer, AL, USA

May 232013

Fusion 4-cyl

The air bag on the passenger side is bulging causing the dashboard cover to separate from the dash.

- Columbsu, OH, USA

Jul 092012

Fusion

Dashboard on the passenger side of the car has become unglued and is now sticking up above the airbag panel. It appears that this could be safety issue if the airbag were to deploy.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Dec 012013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact crashed into another vehicle and none of the air bags deployed. The contact suffered injuries to the hip, back, knee, and shoulder. The contact was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries and the vehicle was destroyed. The contact called the manufacturer to request an inspection of the air bags for non-deployment but the manufacturer declined. The failure mileage was 93,000.

- Flint, MI, USA

Dec 312013

Fusion 4-cyl

The air bag light came up on the dashboard and it won't go away.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Oct 012013

Fusion

Air bag on passenger side is starting to bulge out of dash, sad there is not a recall for this seeing that there are plenty complaints about this. Passenger seat belt where it fastens does not work it clicks like it is locked but if you tugged on seatbelt it automatically pops out not very safe if it doesn't work right. Very disappointed in these flaws B/C I used to love my car!!

- Monticello, AR, USA

Sep 042013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated and remained illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 131,000.

- Los Banos, CA, USA

Nov 052012

Fusion 6-cyl

Airbag light stays on for the driver's side; sometimes I can get it to turn off if I restart the car. Not sure what would happen with the indicator light on; afraid that the airbag may deploy. Electrical: Two things with the electrical. The first is the compass error. This actually occurred January 2012 (don't remember the mileage). I was parked in a parking lot and turned my vehicle on to have it warm up while I was cleaning the snow off of the car. Since it didn't affect how the car handled, I didn't have it looked at. The second issue occurred 11/10/12 which was the driver's door lock would not disengage (mileage was approximately 73,350). I was parked to get out to gas up my car and pulled on the driver's door handle to unlocked the car, it wouldn't open. Then I pushed the "unlock" button of the door and the driver's door still would not open. I ended up crawling over to the passenger's door to exit the vehicle. I attempted to enter the car using the door key and it did not disengage the lock. I am taking the vehicle into the Ford dealer on Monday 11/11/12 to have these problems resolved. Please let me know if I need to do anything. Thank you.

- New Castle, PA, USA

Oct 142012

Fusion

The airbag is sticking out of the dashboard and Ford doesn't want to do anything about it. I believe that being this is safety concern and should be covered by Ford. I have contacted them because we have a concern that the airbag will fail or just blow out of the dashboard without any notice.

- Whitesboro, NY, USA