2008 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Aug 082015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard was defective and separated at the front passenger side air bag area. The passenger side air bag warning light illuminated when the passenger seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The dealer stated that the front passenger side air bag warning light illumination was normal while the passenger seat was occupied. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Harleysville, PA, USA

May 142014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the trim around the passenger side air bag was bulging. The contact stated that an independent mechanic diagnosed that the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Glendale , CA, USA

Apr 012015

Fusion

Passengers side airbag is bulging and geetting worse.

- So. St.Paul, MN, USA

Aug 042015

Fusion

I noticed the area where the passenger side airbag is is bulging from the dash. When I went to start the car it would turn over and immediately cut out. Airbag icon is lit up on dash as is the engine light. Repeated efforts to start and keep going were unsuccessful. Since I was on my way to work I kept trying. Finally got going and traveling approximately 20 mph and the car just completely shuts down. Got started again and proceeded to work and it happened again going about 35 mph. Ran fine for a couple of days, back to the same old thing today with the airbag light staying on. I have read of this issue before however I could not find that report today. It is very dangerous to be traveling along and have the car completely shut down on you. Ford really needs to take care of this issue. I am contemplating reporting this to a news station because it seems like they are not taking this seriously. The other reports I just read do not mention car cutting out on them or airbag and engine lights on.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Aug 022015

Fusion

Drivers side door lock became inoperable. Drivers side door will not lock using the lock switch or the lock button on the key. The only way to let yourself out from the drivers side is to roll down the window and open the door from the outside. The only way to lock the drivers side door is with the actual key itself. This is very inconvenient and dangerous I feel if I were in an accident. Also, my 2008 Fusion air bag on the passenger side dash is starting to lift away. Anything to due with my family's safety is a big deal! these things are dangerous and need to be recalled and fixed!

- Caledonia, MN, USA

Aug 012014

Fusion

Passengers side airbag is bulging and is getting worse.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Apr 132015

Fusion

I have contacted Ford about my passenger side air bag bulging out and they acted like they didn't care. This is dangerous. If it would to explode it would bust my windshield and not to mention if I had a passenger in front of it they would get hurt if not killed. How has this not been recalled"??" this is a major safety issue and I have seen so many complaints about this issue and nothing has been done. I love my Ford Fusion but if Ford is gonna handle serous issues like this I will stop dealing with Ford.

- Laurel Hill, NC, USA

Jul 272015

Fusion

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the passenger side airbag compartment is bulging and am afraid that it may deploy accidentally causing bodily harm.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jul 212015

Fusion

My son's 2008 Ford Fusion has a bulging dashboard at the air bag deployment section. It looks like if deployed, the bag would be prevented from protecting the passenger. I am seeing many complaints about this topic on '07 and '08 Ford Fusion. Any Ford issued recalls??

- Sutton, MA, USA

Apr 022015

Fusion

Like many other people the dash area holding in my airbag of my Fusion started bulging a few months ago. At first I thought it was the trim but the whole area is bulging more each day. I am afraid to have anyone sit in the passenger seat for fear of the airbag deploying randomly. Have been advised that the only fix is to replace the dash. Since I see that countless other owners have experienced the same problem it would seem like Ford would fix this.....especially since it involves the airbag which is after all a big safety issue.

- Mooresville, NC, USA

May 012013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag casing lifted and was separating from the dashboard without warning. The vehicle was taken to three independent mechanics, but was not diagnosed or repaired. While driving approximately 60 mph with the cruise control engaged, the contact depressed the brake pedal and the vehicle lunged forward. The speed increased to 70 mph without warning. The failure recurred on three other occasions. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000. The VIN was unavailable. Updated 09/03/15

- Killington, VT, USA

Jun 172013

Fusion

Passenger airbag is about to explode took it to dealer and they said that needs to be replaced immediately but it will cost me over $1,500 to do it. I've read online reviews and I'm seeing a lot of other customers complaining about same thing. Hopefully you guys can do something about it before it gets to late. Desperate consumer.

- Schaumburg , IL, USA

May 272015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact observed that the dashboard was lifted around the passenger side air bag. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 52,750.

- Long Beach , CA, USA

May 242015

Fusion

Dashboard is peeling up in front of the edge of the passenger side airbag

- Columbus, OH, USA

Mar 032015

Fusion

The front side passanger air bag top is pealing up.

- So.St.Paul , MN, USA

Aug 152013

Fusion

Dashboard peeling back in front of passenger side airbag. Very common issue for 2006-2009 Fusion which Ford refuses to acknowledge as a safety issue or offer repair without significant cost to owner. Dashboard peels back and bubbles in front of where passenger airbag deploys and may cause interference with airbag operation. This is not an isolated incident or result of improper care by owners, the problem is too widespread. This should be a recalled item or fix.

- Norman, OK, USA

Mar 242015

Fusion

The contact owned a 2008 Ford Fusion. While driving 30 mph in a parking lot, the driver crashed unexpectedly into a pole. The front driver side air bag failed to deploy upon impact. A police report and a fire report were filed. The driver sustained brain injuries, bruises to the chest area, and lacerations to the forehead which required medical attention. The vehicle was completely destroyed and towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was made aware of issue. The approximate failure mileage was 70,501.

- Ooltewah , TN, USA

Mar 202015

Fusion

The dashboard had begun to slightly bulge and has now peeled away from the passenger side air bag. After researching online, this appears to be a very widespread issue, of which Ford has no remedy in place for except replacing the entire dash. For a car with relatively low miles over the course of ownership, this seems like an issue that should be corrected. I have no way of knowing how it may affect deployment of the air bag, and I'm not sure I want to find out.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Mar 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

2 yrs the passenger side air bag is bugling, I called the Ford motor customer service and was told there was no warranty or recall for this, I called the local dealership and was told $1000 - $ $1500 to repair, now this is a defect on the company, now if the airbag is deployed and my 92 grandmother is sitting there, she is going to be bruised, what if my mother @ 73 is sitting there and we can't avoid a pothole and it's deployed, what if the sun ( which is an act of god) continue to span out the dashboard, my insurance will not pay for Ford Motor Co defect... the consumer is responsible per customer service, I was told to save my receipt and could be reimbursed (could be) seem to be no one is reading this complaint and hold Ford liable for would could be prevented... injury, medical bills, missed work, suffering, possible death, why wait!!

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 152014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the dashboard fractured near the air bag area. In addition, the air bag warning light illuminated during the summer and turned off during cold weather conditions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Ft Walton Beach, FL, USA