2008 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Jul 252013

Fusion

In the summer of 2013 I noticed that the passenger dash was coming undone (separating from the dash and sticking up) in front of the airbag of my 2008 Ford Fusion. The dash is now curled up so much that I fear that it may interfere with the deployment of the passenger airbag. At the time of this complaint, there are no known statements regarding the foam vinyl separating from the dash. I would like to know if any research has been conducted to ensure that this does not affect the deployment of the passenger airbag.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jul 082013

- Bolivar, OH, USA

Oct 012014

Fusion

The vehicle has bulging dash board at the passenger side /airbag case and the airbag signal is always on. I noticed it around 3 months ago. I brought the vehicle at dana motors in staten island, was told no a recall on airbag and they do not fix bulging dash board..please help.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 172012

Fusion

The dashboard above the passenger air bag has buckeled and will not return to the original position. You can see the foam inside. I called the local dealer and was told it was not a safety issue and it has not been fixed. I had thought due to the hot weather it had buckeled and it was a rare case but as I am reading this is a common issue for Ford with the 08 Fusion. Hoping with more complaints this will be fixed.

- Fenton, MO, USA

Oct 152014

Fusion

Cracked dashboard that exposes the airbag. Power train coil on damage.

- Dayton, OH, USA

May 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the passenger side dashboard was cracked and exposing the airbag. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 98,000.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Sep 082014

Fusion 6-cyl

Drivers side air bag indicator came on and has mostly stayed on the entire time.

- Richalnd, IN, USA

Aug 132012

Fusion 4-cyl

A few years back I got into my 2008 Ford Fusion and I remember it being a very hot summer day. I looked over at my passenger side air bag/dash board area and part of the dash where the seam is, was sticking out. I was able to push it back in right away but now I can't. the dash above where the air bag is just always sticks out now. I figured since it was so hot that day that's why it happened. I still have never been able to get it fixed and it doesn't seem safe to me. I've looked on numerous websites and have read that many other people with the same car and year have had this issue.

- Omaha , NE, USA

Feb 012014

Fusion 6-cyl

The passenger side air bag, the dash that covers it is opening up. For a car this car that is from 2008 should not be happening. For the dash to becoming up like that to where you can see the air bag is really bad. What happens if the air bag goes off and gets suck on the tip of the open dash someone could get really hurt or even die. I did take it to the Ford company and they said that I would have to pay close to 1,000 dollars to get it fix and that it would not count as a recall. I have not got it fix and I am hoping that it does not get worse as time goes on.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Aug 042014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated and the front passenger side panel was swelling from the airbag pressure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 122014

Fusion 4-cyl

Passenger side airbag dashboard has begun to separate at the airbag seam on the lower side and bubbled out, approximately 3-4 inches.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Aug 162014

Fusion 6-cyl

Passenger side dash, leather is lifting away from dash, right under the air bag cover. Dealer said I have to replace complete dash for $1500 I did not repair.

- Oak Lawn, IL, USA

Aug 182014

Fusion 4-cyl

Air bag readiness light on the instrument panel started coming on and going off. After a week it started staying on after starting up the car and it does not go off. Next the seat belt light stays on after you have locked in your seatbelt on the drivers side and no one is in the passenger seat.

- Pembroke, NC, USA

Aug 012014

Fusion 4-cyl

2008 Ford Fusion purchased from car max. Lip of dash that surrounds the front of the air bag cover has peeled outward and appears ready the blow. Surely this is an oversight or project design failure from Ford.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Aug 012013

Fusion

The dashboard right by the passenger airbag is warping. The Ford dealer wants $1000 to replace it on a car that is 6 years old when it should not be warping already. I believe this is a safety concern to airbag potentially not deploying correctly.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Jul 242014

Fusion 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion with the passenger side air bag dash failing to adhere to the dash panel, the foam on the airbag is visible, my Ford dealer has told me that they won't deal with it due to safety and regulations- now what"! wait for it to explode and kill someone????"!!!!!!

- Columbia, MO, USA

Jun 022014

Fusion

The front dash airbag on the passenger side is bulging - the glue is not holding the cover over the airbag in its place. The dash is bulging here. Very ugly and I fear more damage or deployment of airbag.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jun 022014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the seal around the passenger air bag was coming unglued causing the air bag to bulge out of the dash board. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 44,470.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA

Jun 162014

Fusion

Dash board is curling up around the passenger side air bag.the front window defrost vent is coming out of the dash board. We have had the door handles break in half replaced.this is a safety issue the dash could come apart at any time or the passenger air bag could go off? w/ the front window vent out of the cut out in the dash this part on the driver side up could pop up and cause the window to break.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Mar 022014

Fusion

Where my dashboard airbag is on the passengers side is it is bulging(seeing foam currently).

- West Townsend, MA, USA