2008 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

May 202014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 55 mph, another vehicle crashed into the left side of the vehicle as a result the vehicle spun out and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact was taken to a hospital where she sustained internal bleeding injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was not available.

- Hudson, NC, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

I am the original purchaser of a 2008 for Fusion. The dashboard around the passenger side airbag has been peeling up and presenting possible airbag malfunction risks/aesthetics problem for around a year now. I have taken it to the dealership I purchased it at and been told it is not covered under the extended warranty I have, no action was taken to repair the defect.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Apr 012014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the air bag was exposed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the vehicle was exposed to the sun for long periods of time. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 78,000.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Mar 202014

- Northport, AL, USA

Jul 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

Dashboard warped over passenger side airbag partially blocking airbag cover. Fear it might affect airbag deployment on passenger side.

- Baltimore, OH, USA

Oct 012013

Fusion 6-cyl

2008 Ford Fusion sel AWD: The dashboard cover is peeling up in front of the passenger side airbag. This has the potential to be a serious safety problem and is continuing to get worse as time passes. The vinyl cover appears to be delaminating from the foam rubber beneath it and could interfere with the proper deployment of the passenger side airbag in the event of a crash.

- Worthington, OH, USA

Apr 042013

Fusion 4-cyl

Buckling, distortion and or warping of dash panel in front of passenger airbag aperture. There is concern that this distortion will negatively impact airbag deployment causing injury to right front seat occupant. This seems inherent in most of this model. Will also reduce resale valve. I believe this issue is a defect in material or workmanship and should be covered by a safety recall.

- Bordentown, NJ, USA

Nov 022009

Fusion

My 2008 Ford Fusion purchased brand new also has the bulging dashboard on the front passenger side. It not only looks bad but who knows if the air bag will even deploy in a front end crash? I have also has catalytic converter replaced and today I need a new output speed sensor to the tune of another $500 in repairs. Car now has 130K mi.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Nov 012013

Fusion

I am the original buyer of a 2008 Ford Fusion SE - which I purchased in 2008 - it now appears that there is a bulging near the passenger air bag area on my car's dashboard. This appears to be a manufacturing defect since the car has never been in any type of accident. Ford refuses to fix since car is no longer under warranty. I looked on line at it appears many other Ford Fusion owners are experiencing the same issue with the bulging dashboard. I am afraid this could lead to a deployment of the airbag. Ford will have dashboard fixed for over $1,200 at my cost. How is this fair that I must pay for a manufacturing issue the Ford corporation created. Can you assist in any manner.

- Vineland, NJ, USA

Sep 172013

Fusion

The contact owns a 2008 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph and approaching a traffic stop, another vehicle suddenly crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The contact's vehicle was pushed forward and into the preceding vehicle with excessive force. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact and front seat passenger sustained bruises to the body. The grill, hood and entire front end of the vehicle were severely damaged. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000. The VIN was not available.

- Virginia Beach , VA, USA

Jun 012013

Fusion

Dash board around passenger air bag bubbling out, lifting up, air bag light stays on in car. Worried air bag might deploy when it's not suppose to or not deploy when I need it to.

- Savona , NY, USA

Mar 042011

Fusion 4-cyl

Dash around passenger air bag bubbling and popping out.

- Greencastle, PA, USA

Aug 102013

Fusion 4-cyl

Passenger side airbag compartment on the dashboard is bulking at any given time the air bag may deploy.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 062010

Fusion 6-cyl

Dash is peeling, I know for a fact, there are many other cars have the same issue. Suppose, Ford used some bad glue from Mexico. Replacement is to replace the whole air bag?

- Surprise, AZ, USA

Jun 142013

Fusion 4-cyl

I noticed the dash board around the airbag is separating about 2 months ago I tried to push the seam back down but it still puckers. Yesterday I tried to start my car and there was a continuous clicking sound coming from the dashboard and the security lock light and airbag light were flashing very fast. I just parked the car about 1 hour before and there was no problems until I came back to start it. I tried for about 1 hour but could not get it started. I have noticed there are a lot of complaints on this car and the same issues. This does seem like a recall issue. I wanted to support american made products from one of the oldest american auto makers. I am hoping you can fix this issue because I need to get the work and this is my only transportation. I live in an area where there is no public transportation. Thanking you in advance.

- Lake City, SC, USA

May 132013

Fusion 6-cyl

I have seen many complaints about the dash popping up around the passenger airbag. I have been having the same problem. What I want to know is why nothing is being done about it? my car is a 2008 I've had it for 8 months and about a month ago this starting happening. This is a manufacturers defect not wear & tear.

- Louisville, KY, USA

May 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

I've recently noticed my passenger air bag cover is starting to separate from it's adhesive. This is an alarming safety issue for me as well as any passenger that maybe sitting in the front seat. My vehicle is a 2008 Ford Fusion. When I purchased the car there were noticeable issue. My concern is if on the off chance there is an accident will be passenger be safe and will front passenger air bag to deploy.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 222013

Fusion 4-cyl

I had noticed a few weeks ago my passenger air bag cover is starting to separate from it's adhesive. This is a major safety issue for me and any passenger that sit in the front seat. This has got worse over time and I purchased the vehicle roughly a little under a year ago. At that time the car was not in that condition. No one sits with their feet on the dash and I have a visor. I could be hit at a slow speed which would not warrant my bags to deploy but could, and this would cause my other front air bag to deploy as well. There are tons of complaints about the air bags not being deployed when it should. There are a few complaints about it separating. The manufacture should step in. Car is barely 5 years old with me being the 3rd owner. Issue should not be happening.

- Golden, CO, USA

Apr 012013

Fusion 4-cyl

Pass airbag coming out of dash.

- Rockville, VA, USA

Jan 042013

Fusion

We have had some colder than usual days and when I start my car, the air bag light stays on. Once I get to my destination and shut the engine off and restart it, the light goes off.

- Thomasville, PA, USA