Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Dec 142015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the driver's door would not open and the contact was unable to exit the vehicle. The contact had to open the window and open the door from the exterior of the vehicle. The vehicle was diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Mckees Rocks, PA, USA

Oct 152015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While the vehicle was parked, the driver side interior door handle failed. In order to open the door, the contact had to roll down the window and use the exterior handle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not provided. The approximate failure mileage was 160,000.

- Oakdale, CA, USA

Apr 292015

Fusion 4-cyl

I parked my car and went to open the drivers side door and the interior handle no longer works. In order to open the door I have to roll down the window to open the door, roll the window back up and then exit and lock the car. This is a safety concern in case of emergency and the extra time needed to exit the vehicle.

- Harrisonville, MO, USA

Jul 252014

Trying to exit the car, the door handle snapped back while opening. After trying to open again the door latch is no longer connected to the opening mechanism. I can no longer open my door from the inside which would inhibit my exit in an emergency.

- Katy, TX, USA

Mar 202013

Fusion 4-cyl

I take very good care of my care and I always open my car door very gently. However, I just realized that the driver's side interior door lock is broken. I cannot open the car from the inside, instead, I have to roll the windows door and use the outside handle to open the door. I did research on the internet and there are alot of people who are complaining about the issue. I have a 2011 Ford Fusion SE with around 52,000 miles and I recently bought the car. I did order a new replacement for the interior door handle. There should be a re-call for this problem.

- Albany, NY, USA