Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion suspension problems

suspension problem

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Front passenger side coil spring over the wheel found borken. Had to replace the coil spring. Shop suggested replacing the strut as well, and also told us that this should ba a mold problem and had happened to a lot of Ford, Chevy, and 07-09 Honda, but Ford never issued a recall. There happens to be a Chevy truck next to us with a broken coil spring.

- Newmarket, NH, USA

Nov 212013

Fusion 6-cyl

Began having problems with this vehicle the second month after purchase. The first incident was steering wheel locked and I could not control the direction of the car. I ended up on the left side of the road off the shoulder before I could stop it. It happened on several occasions. Car dies for no reason. I end up having it towed or restarted by charging battery. The battery always has a full charge. Also I have been shopping and get in the car to start it and it will not start. Door handles would not work from inside. Windows would not open. Had to force window down enough to open from the outside. Had front door handle assemble replaced had transfer case resealed horrible smell, new tires 3 times since it was purchased had rear drive shaft replaced, fuel pump replaced had taken it to Ford just recently for what I deemed was computer problems, of course they could not find anything wrong. I was told by my mechanic the last time I had new tires put on the car that I would need new rims soon. The rims are eroding from the inside out. I have several invoices for work that was done and a few more I can't locate at this time. I would like to send them all to you. Purchase car 12/1/12.

- Gales Ferry, CT, USA

Apr 252016

Squeaking noise coming from front axle (mostly on driver side) while driving and turning; sounds the most when outside temperature is higher (not so loud on cool days). Took it to dealer that sold the car (today 04/25/2016) to have suspension and power steering checked. I see online there are recalls on some Ford Fusion power steering? my VIN is not listed.

- Fort Pierce, FL, USA

Jul 012015

My vehicle started sounding like something was rubbing. So I had it inspected and was told that the lower control arms on my passenger side where both damaged and in need of replacement but that my vehicle was much to new for these parts to have worn out. It will cost me $645 to repair!

- Cordova, TN, USA

Apr 132015

When ur going 60 mph or faster. It feels like the rear end is swaying. I just bought the car 7 months ago.

- Sterling, MI, USA

Feb 052015

Fusion 4-cyl

One morning I started my car and the steering wheel locked up and a warning "power steering default assist" appeared. I turned the car off then restarted and the power steering was fine. This incident happened 2 more times in February. After the 4th or 5th warning appeared, I made an appointment with the dealership I purchased the car from. The informed me that they could not replicate the problem and that the could not detect a malfunction code. Last week it happened again not just once but twice while I was parked in a hospital parking deck. After the third try, the steering reset itself. The next day the power steering locked up and it did not reset. I had to have the car towed to the dealership. Now they want to stick me with at $2000 repair stating that the problem is not covered under warranty and that Ford does not have a recall. I had the car in the shop three times in 2014 for a problem we thought was the rack and pinion. Again, because the service department could not duplicate the problem, the car now has had more damage to the steering. Thankfully, my son and I made it home across the mountain after his doctors appointment before the car's steering completely locked up.

- Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Dec 202014

Fusion 4-cyl

Made a U-turn received the bell tone and panel display that reads "service advance track and a display in the top left of display panel between rim & mpr meters of an orange car with 2 lines.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 132014

Power steering went out on a 55 mph road and the whining noise it makes is unbearable.

- Nicholasville, KY, USA

Jul 112013

Fusion 6-cyl

My wife, son and I was at a stop light getting ready to turn right and all asudden there was no steering at all locked completely up so we pulled over and tried to restart call and message popped up service brake system, check power steering now, service advance track. The electric power steering had went completely out of the car totally not safe at all. When will there be a recall on such a major issue this needs to be addressed I have read other Fusion with the same problem as mine. This vehicle will not be driven anymore not worth the life of my family over something that should have been recalled years ago by Ford still nothing last Ford I will own.

- Frostburg, MD, USA

Jun 122011

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated while driving at any speed, the vehicle steered to the left abnormally. In addition, the contact stated that the front driver and passenger seat head rests were made too close to the head, forcing the contact to sit in an uncomfortable position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 200 and the current mileage was 3200. Updated 12/16/11 the consumer also stated the vehicle pulled to the left while braking. Updated 01/19/12

- Fishers, IN, USA