- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 6 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 14 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 15 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 17 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2002 Taurus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on8
- engine misfires (stalls) when accelerating6
- squeaking/squealing noise from engine6
- flashing check engine light when accelerating5
- engine fails to start when warm3
- loss of power2
- rattling noise when accelerating1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control62
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling19
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine10
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal10
- NHTSA: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline4
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.