- July 2: Ford Recalls C-MAX, Escape and Focus For Non-Stop Engines
- June 26: Investigation Into Vacuum Assist Pumps in Ford F-150 Trucks
- June 24: Ford Recalls 203,000 Escape SUVs and Transit Connect Vans
- June 23: Ford 5.4 Liter Spark Plug Lawsuit
- June 7: Ford Fusion Hybrid MPG Lawsuit Says Advertised MPG Is Wrong
2005 Ford Taurus
Worst 2005 Taurus engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- sudden unintended acceleration8
- intake manifold melted5
- engine stalls/shuts off while driving4
- check engine light stays on2
- dies upon initial start up2
- stalls when accelerator is released2
- stalls when making turn at intersection1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.