8.7

$4,500.00

1. replace transmission (2 reports)
  2. ridiculous at only 59,000 miles. honda should be embarassed (1 reports)
2003 Honda CR-V transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 162010

CR-V

We were 100 miles away from home and the transmission failed. We were in Lake City Florida, there were no open car rental stores and we were stuck. Luckily we were able to hitch a ride home with a family member that was headed our way.

But, we are appalled. We bought a Honda expecting to keep it forever. Instead we are going to have to junk it. The car is worth about $4,800 and a new transmission is about $4,000. I called the dealership and asked if there were any recalls or financial assistance available and he told me no. But, that there has been a lot of trouble with those model years with the A/C and the transmission. Well, we had both of those troubles and we will never, I repeat never buy another Honda. The CRV was about 3,000 more expensive than some of its competitors but we thought we were paying the extra for reliability. But, this car has not been reliable.

My husband's sister's Honda Odyssey lost its transmission at 145K. The quote to fix it was $6,000 so she junked that car. She will also never buy another Honda.

I have a 2009 Honda Civic that I hope I can get 150k out of-we'll see. At least I bought the extended warranty on it. So, it will last until I can get it paid off.

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

Nov 242008

CR-V LX

They estimated $4500 for automatic transmission replacement.

59,000 miles! Have had many a Honda, but I can tell you this will be my last. I'll go back to Subaru.

- , Warwick, RI, USA

Sep 012008

CR-V

Made last payment on CRV in July. In August the transmission is shot - needs new one. Honda wants $4,000 to fix! Only 76,000 miles on car.

- , Ironton, OH, USA