9.0

$1,500.00

2. repair condenser (1 reports)
2004 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda CR-V:

2004 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 192008

CR-V

Ok, as we are driving down I-71 it sounds like rocks in a popcorn popper. Air-conditioner quits working. Costs us $1500 to fix. This is my first Honda (had bought 2 Civics for the kids) and I loved this car until this happened. Never have had a repair bill costing this much in any other car we have ever owned. Previously had driven General Motors. Always thought I'd drive a CRV from here on out, but now I'm re-thinking those thoughts! Bought the Honda because I thought that it was a better vehicle. Just got on here to see if anyone else had this complaint. I am thoroughly discussed with Hondas.

- , Wooster, O, USA

Jun 012008

CR-V LX 4 cyl

The a/c was working fine when I parked my car and when I restarted the car and drove to go to work I heard a weird sound and the a/c was only blowing hot air. I called the dealer to set-up an appointment and they said it will cost $110 just to look at it even though I have an extended warranty. Service rep told me the likely problem was road debris damaged my compressor. How is that even possible when I have never taken my car off road and have never ran over any large objects. And how could she so easily come up with a reason for the problem when they have not even looked at my car yet? Now I find out it is actually a common problem and Honda is being pressured to issue a recall. Compressors on CR-Vs apparently blow up on its own due to clutch problems. I'm afraid this is the problem and the dealer has come up with a ready made excuse because it would be difficult to prove it wasn't road debris that caused the damage.

- , Honolulu, HI, USA