9.0

1. relay switch short caused fuel pump burn out (1 reports)
  2. replace starter (1 reports)
2004 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda CR-V:

2004 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 162015

CR-V

For 3 months the car would not start at unpredictable times. I brought it to the Honda Service place in Greenwich, CT and was given the same answer 3 times: "slow crank, everything checked out ok, battery is good, nothing to fix."

After getting stranded out of town, I came back to the car in half an hour and it started. I drove to the Rye Auto Care and left the car with Jason, Angel and Mario who took the time to discuss it with me in detail. They replaced the starter and the car is like new.

Unfortunately when I purchase a new car in Spring, it won't be a Honda. I had planned on a new CRV but don't trust them anymore.

- , Rye, NY, USA

Jan 202011

CR-V EX 2.4L

this is wife's car and it just would not start. Had the car towed to a garage to have it fixed. They thought it was the wire harness attached to top of fuel pump. But turns out that there was a short in a relay switch to the pump and both the relay and the pump burned out. Both needed to be replaced. Mechanic called Honda techs because this problem was hard to diagnose. This is where the techs said that they have had very few problems in this area and that these cars are built like tanks.

- , Amherst, OH, US