2005 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

May 072015

CR-V 4-cyl

On May 7, 2015 my Honda dealer ordered a replacement airbag inflator for my CRV as part of a recall for faulty and potentially lethal airbag inflators in Honda CRV's. by July 27 the part was still on backorder and they could not tell me when it might arrive. A recall letter arrived on July 27 so I called Honda automobile customer service on July 27 and michael said someone would get back to me by July 28. No surprise, no phone call was received. This has gone on far too long for a potentially fatal issue.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

Oct 232012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2005 Honda CR-V. while driving at an unknown rate of speed, the driver crashed into a tree. The driver side air bag deployed with extreme force. The driver sustained a fractured right eye socket, lacerations to the right cheek bone, whiplash, and also sustained further injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The air bags were not inspected by the insurance company to determine the failure. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: (air bags), which was received after the contact experienced the failure. The recall was unable to be performed because the failure occurred years before. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable. MA 08/06/15 updated 8/14/15

- Osawatomie, KS, USA

Oct 252012

CR-V

Swerved to avoid hitting a deer and had a front end collision into a tree. The drivers side air bag deployed causing sever damage to the face. Had to have reconstruction surgery on the right eye socket. Was wearing a seat belt.

- Osawatomie, KS, USA

May 192015

CR-V

I have been waiting for more than a month for the local Honda dealer (clovis ca Honda North 559-297-1000) to fix my air bag. They say the parts have been ordered but I haven't heard from them as of May 19, 2015. I have called a couple of times and the say parts have not come in.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Apr 072013

CR-V

It was reported last summer (2014) that many Honda vehicles were being recalled due to faulty air bags. I called my Honda dealership at the time of the news report and I was told that my 2005 Honda CR-V was not under the recall. However, earlier this year I entered my car's VIN in an online search and was shocked to learn that it was under recall due to faulty airbags. Honda never to this date sent me a letter to inform me. I contacted Honda corporate offices and they confirmed that my vehicle is under the recall. They did not sent me a letter because they are being sent in phases. I was told that an airbag for my car would be sent to my local Honda dealership by early April. Unfortunately, my dealership never received it and told me that the airbag is on order. Honda corporate offered me a free loaner car so that I would not have to drive my current car. I do not want to drive a loaner car for months. I was told that Honda would get to the people driving loaner cars before other drivers. They do not expect to service my car before the summer. I am extremely dissatisfied with this process: Never receiving a recall letter & the time it is taking to get my vehicle fixed.

- Wayne, NJ, USA

Apr 162015

CR-V

Regarding the Honda airbag recall: #1. I never received a recall notice from Honda, although when I entered my VIN number on their recall website, it said there was an open recall. #2. I have spent hours on hold when I call the listed Honda number (888-234-2138). I have never received a call back from my case manager, whose name apparently is "onye." When I ask to speak to a supervisor, I am placed on hold indefinitely, or they take a message but never return my call. My case number is N032015-04-1601-1863. If you could assist me in this matter, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you. I would just like a call back from a case manager from Honda who can help get my airbags replaced.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 202014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cerritos, CA, USA

May 082015

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 6/25/15 the consumer stated the air bag inflator was replaced. Updated 06/20/15

- Exeter, CA, USA

May 012015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ojai, CA, USA

Jan 012015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V700000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Apr 092015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made ware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Jan 132015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Mar 042015

CR-V 4-cyl

My complaint is against Honda re their recall practices/dealer knowledge: According to the Honda website, my vehicle airbag is to be inspected and replaced. I attempted to schedule this service at two dealers in albuquerque, nm (perfection Honda and garcia Honda. I was told it would take 2 visits - one to inspect and one to replace part if needed. Yesterday I took my vehicle to garcia Honda - their 'mechanic/oil changer' broke the head off the 'breakaway screw' while undoing it. After 3 hours in which they supposedly 'tapped' the screw, they told me to bring the vehicle back in a week and there was a 50/50 chance they would need to replace the airbag - but they didn't know. Now, I am unsure to even drive the vehicle - suffice to say, if there is any damage to myself or passenger, there will be a major lawsuit against Honda and particularly garcia Honda!

- Bernalillo, NM, USA

Dec 132014

CR-V 4-cyl

After making an appointment with voyles Honda in marietta, ga for Dec. 13, 2014 to have the recalled airbags changed, the dealership then informed me after service began that the front passenger-side airbag was not in stock. Since then, I have not been able to get the passenger-side airbag changed. The dealership would not provide any information as to when it will be in stock. It's been 2 1/2 months, and I cannot have any passengers in the front, which is a hardship.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 262015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notices for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V700000 (air bags) and 14V351000 (air bags); however, the parts needed for repair were unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 3/31/15 updated 04/10/15

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 012015

CR-V

Cpsc: I1510751A. 2005 Honda CRV. Consumer stated her car was recalled for the airbag. However, the part is on backorder.

- Erlanger, KY, USA

Feb 022015

CR-V 4-cyl

Year: 2005 make: Honda model: CR-V NHTSA recall number: 14V-351 recall date: June 19, 2014 manufacturer recall number: JG8 received a letter from Honda dated September 2014 regarding the airbags safety recall. Asked me to call my local dealer to set up an appointment. Called the dealer to set up an appointment in October 2014 and was told that the dealer is booked till January. So they gave me the available earliest date of January 27th 2015. I received a call day before the appointment stating that the parts for CRV and Pilot are in short supply, so we will have to cancel your appointment and will call you once they are available. Not sure if that was true about the short supply of parts. I asked them if that is coming from Honda or from the dealer. The lady stated that she is just a worker and she had been told to inform me by her manager at the dealership. I asked her if I could talk to the manager and she said that he is busy and unavailable. I asked her when can I expect a call or does she know when the parts will come in. She had no clue and said that they don't know and once the parts are here she will call us to schedule an appointment and that could again be couple of months before they can get me in as they are very busy with the recall. I asked her if she could send me an email to confirm the cancellation and stating that the parts are in short supply, but she replied in negative and said that they don't do that and will call me when the parts are in. That was the end of the conversation and she apologized for the delay and said they will inform me whenever there are any updates. So today in Feb 2nd, 2015 and no call and no email. Just filing a report to see if there is any action being taken in this regards either from Honda or from the NHTSA.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jan 132015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 092015

CR-V 4-cyl

There are still no airbags available for the repair of my vehicle. Dealer stated it could be 4 months.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

2005 CR-V. consumer would like Honda to inform him if his car has takata-manufactured airbags.

- Closter, MD, USA