2005 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jan 012015

CR-V

Cpsc: I1510751A. 2005 Honda CRV. Consumer stated her car was recalled for the airbag. However, the part is on backorder.

- Erlanger, KY, USA

Feb 022015

CR-V 4-cyl

Year: 2005 make: Honda model: CR-V NHTSA recall number: 14V-351 recall date: June 19, 2014 manufacturer recall number: JG8 received a letter from Honda dated September 2014 regarding the airbags safety recall. Asked me to call my local dealer to set up an appointment. Called the dealer to set up an appointment in October 2014 and was told that the dealer is booked till January. So they gave me the available earliest date of January 27th 2015. I received a call day before the appointment stating that the parts for CRV and Pilot are in short supply, so we will have to cancel your appointment and will call you once they are available. Not sure if that was true about the short supply of parts. I asked them if that is coming from Honda or from the dealer. The lady stated that she is just a worker and she had been told to inform me by her manager at the dealership. I asked her if I could talk to the manager and she said that he is busy and unavailable. I asked her when can I expect a call or does she know when the parts will come in. She had no clue and said that they don't know and once the parts are here she will call us to schedule an appointment and that could again be couple of months before they can get me in as they are very busy with the recall. I asked her if she could send me an email to confirm the cancellation and stating that the parts are in short supply, but she replied in negative and said that they don't do that and will call me when the parts are in. That was the end of the conversation and she apologized for the delay and said they will inform me whenever there are any updates. So today in Feb 2nd, 2015 and no call and no email. Just filing a report to see if there is any action being taken in this regards either from Honda or from the NHTSA.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jan 132015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 092015

CR-V 4-cyl

There are still no airbags available for the repair of my vehicle. Dealer stated it could be 4 months.

- Irmo, SC, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

2005 CR-V. consumer would like Honda to inform him if his car has takata-manufactured airbags.

- Closter, MD, USA

Dec 102014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ocala, FL, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

Letter from congressman van hollen on behalf of constituent with respect to the reason why his 2005 Honda CR-V was not included in the recall for unsafe airbags; attn: Ann humphrey.

- Westminster, MD, USA

May 192014

CR-V

Air bag light on dashboard comes on intermittently. My vehicle is on safercar website citing the problem. Honda has yet to recall this vehicle. A letter was sent to Honda addressing this issue. Honda needs to take responsibility.

- Manchester, MO, USA

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Batesborg, MA, USA

Feb 122014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Apr 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

On a 2013 car accident. I along with 2 other passengers experienced a frontal collision, with an oncoming vehicle, who ran a red light. Upon impact, the airbag deployed.the force from the airbag was so severe, it forced my head back, hitting(bruising) the passenger seated behind me. I momentarily blacked out, to be awoken by the burning sensation of my arm.some kind of solvent or kind of fuel cell to deploy the bag, caught fire and was burning my right arm.though the fire was only contained on my arm, and thankful it had not spread we were treated for trauma, myself for trauma and 2nd degree burns at the er.we also show reports from the attending physician and police reports, decribing the accident.we had tried to contact Honda at the time, and checked if there was a recall was issued. Though Honda said that no recalls for that model at the time.....you can only guess my surprise, when I got a recall for the airbag.today....updated 10/07/14 updated 5/13/2015

- Keaau, HI, USA

Sep 122014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V353000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Algonquin, IL, USA

Sep 222014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Aug 192014

CR-V

The car repaired with the Honda dealer as per the recall notice for the "2002-2006 CR-V driver's power window master switch" today when it was parked in the covered parking garage of the macy's corporate place, it got fire after 1 hour it was parked. The driver side switch controls was completed melted and caught fire police and fire dept came and put the fire out the car was towed to classic collision 3507 old norcross road, duluth 30096 and they judged as total loss Honda's replaced master switch is no help - it caused the fire and have photos to back it up.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Aug 012006

CR-V 4-cyl

My low beam headlight bulbs need replacement at least 3 times per year, sometimes more. Even when replaced with new bulbs, sometimes the brightness of the light varies randomly. The last time I had the bulb replaced the technician said that the new bulb wouldn't even stay lit when he replaced it. There are other model years for this car which have been recalled for this low beam bulb issue. It is time for Honda to recall this model year and fix this problem. I don't feel safe driving my car at night anymore. This is a safety issue!! also, just within the past couple of years, my SRS light is randomly staying lit for no apparent reason. I am the original owner of this car and know that there have been no accidents that would have created these issues.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Jun 162014

CR-V 4-cyl

SRS light stays on intermittently. The SUV has never been in an accident. I don't know if the airbags will deploy in a accident.

- Folsom , CA, USA

Nov 202013

CR-V

I was driving down the road at 45 mph when all of a sudden both my side air bags deployed. There was no collision or impact to the car. I almost drove off the road because I was so startled by this occurring. I contacted the Honda dealership and they refused to do anything. I then contacted american Honda and they refuse to do anything but give me an inspection of the vehicle. They want me to drive the car to the dealership. I contacted my insurance company and they came to look at the car. They found no reason why the airbags deployed and told me it was a manufacturers defect. I contacted american Honda with this finding and they still refused to provide me with a tow to the dealership claiming they weren't liable for the defect. The insurance adjuster advised me not to drive the car because there may be problems with the front airbags, I am six months pregnant and am not going to risk my life or my child's life because of Honda inability to fix a problem with an airbag. I could have been seriously injured or killed because these airbags are defective. This is a very dangerous situation. How can airbags deploy with no warning or reason.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Sep 252010

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CRV. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, he fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The front driver's side air bag deployed and caused the contact to sustain injuries to the left arm and face. In addition, the contact suffered hearing loss in both ears. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 280,000.... updated 02/27/13 updated 03/04/13

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Sep 182012

CR-V

Driver airbags signal comes on and off.

- Brawley, CA, USA

Jul 272012

CR-V 4-cyl

On start up, air bag light stayed on. Brown Honda of charlottesville, va, diagnosed it as a bad air bag SRS unit (code 53-93), a bad left side impact sensor (1st)-code 43-11, and a probable lf harness problem. The problem has not been resolved as yet.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA