2005 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Dec 102014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

Letter from congressman van hollen on behalf of constituent with respect to the reason why his 2005 Honda CR-V was not included in the recall for unsafe airbags; attn: Ann humphrey.

- Westminster, MD, USA

May 192014

CR-V

Air bag light on dashboard comes on intermittently. My vehicle is on safercar website citing the problem. Honda has yet to recall this vehicle. A letter was sent to Honda addressing this issue. Honda needs to take responsibility.

- Manchester, MO, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Batesborg, MA, USA

Feb 122014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Apr 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

On a 2013 car accident. I along with 2 other passengers experienced a frontal collision, with an oncoming vehicle, who ran a red light. Upon impact, the airbag deployed.the force from the airbag was so severe, it forced my head back, hitting(bruising) the passenger seated behind me. I momentarily blacked out, to be awoken by the burning sensation of my arm.some kind of solvent or kind of fuel cell to deploy the bag, caught fire and was burning my right arm.though the fire was only contained on my arm, and thankful it had not spread we were treated for trauma, myself for trauma and 2nd degree burns at the er.we also show reports from the attending physician and police reports, decribing the accident.we had tried to contact Honda at the time, and checked if there was a recall was issued. Though Honda said that no recalls for that model at the time.....you can only guess my surprise, when I got a recall for the airbag.today....updated 10/07/14 updated 5/13/2015

- Keaau, HI, USA

Sep 122014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V353000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Algonquin, IL, USA

Sep 222014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the recall was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Aug 192014

CR-V

The car repaired with the Honda dealer as per the recall notice for the "2002-2006 CR-V driver's power window master switch" today when it was parked in the covered parking garage of the macy's corporate place, it got fire after 1 hour it was parked. The driver side switch controls was completed melted and caught fire police and fire dept came and put the fire out the car was towed to classic collision 3507 old norcross road, duluth 30096 and they judged as total loss Honda's replaced master switch is no help - it caused the fire and have photos to back it up.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Aug 012006

CR-V 4-cyl

My low beam headlight bulbs need replacement at least 3 times per year, sometimes more. Even when replaced with new bulbs, sometimes the brightness of the light varies randomly. The last time I had the bulb replaced the technician said that the new bulb wouldn't even stay lit when he replaced it. There are other model years for this car which have been recalled for this low beam bulb issue. It is time for Honda to recall this model year and fix this problem. I don't feel safe driving my car at night anymore. This is a safety issue!! also, just within the past couple of years, my SRS light is randomly staying lit for no apparent reason. I am the original owner of this car and know that there have been no accidents that would have created these issues.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Jun 162014

CR-V 4-cyl

SRS light stays on intermittently. The SUV has never been in an accident. I don't know if the airbags will deploy in a accident.

- Folsom , CA, USA

Nov 202013

CR-V

I was driving down the road at 45 mph when all of a sudden both my side air bags deployed. There was no collision or impact to the car. I almost drove off the road because I was so startled by this occurring. I contacted the Honda dealership and they refused to do anything. I then contacted american Honda and they refuse to do anything but give me an inspection of the vehicle. They want me to drive the car to the dealership. I contacted my insurance company and they came to look at the car. They found no reason why the airbags deployed and told me it was a manufacturers defect. I contacted american Honda with this finding and they still refused to provide me with a tow to the dealership claiming they weren't liable for the defect. The insurance adjuster advised me not to drive the car because there may be problems with the front airbags, I am six months pregnant and am not going to risk my life or my child's life because of Honda inability to fix a problem with an airbag. I could have been seriously injured or killed because these airbags are defective. This is a very dangerous situation. How can airbags deploy with no warning or reason.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Sep 252010

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CRV. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, he fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The front driver's side air bag deployed and caused the contact to sustain injuries to the left arm and face. In addition, the contact suffered hearing loss in both ears. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was destroyed. The failure and current mileage was 280,000.... updated 02/27/13 updated 03/04/13

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Sep 182012

CR-V

Driver airbags signal comes on and off.

- Brawley, CA, USA

Jul 272012

CR-V 4-cyl

On start up, air bag light stayed on. Brown Honda of charlottesville, va, diagnosed it as a bad air bag SRS unit (code 53-93), a bad left side impact sensor (1st)-code 43-11, and a probable lf harness problem. The problem has not been resolved as yet.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Jan 302011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CRV. The contact was traveling 65 mph, heard a noise coming from the transmission and the vehicle started to rapidly slow down. When the failure occurred the vehicle started to veer drastically to the left causing the contact crash into the median wall and the vehicle to spin around three times. The passenger side air bag deployed, but not the drivers side. The vehicle was towed to the insurance companies inspection station where it was ruled destroyed and they were unable to determine the cause of failure. The failure and current mileage was 115,000.

- Ciprus, CA, USA

Jan 082011

CR-V 4-cyl

On Jan 8th 2011 I was involved in a wreck involving my 2005 Honda CRV LX model equipped with driver and passenger side air bags. It was a frontal impact at 35 TO40 mph causing major damage to the front of the car which was totaled. The seat belts did their expected job but caused bruising to my wife's chest, stomach area and sternum (possible fracture). My complaint was the air bags did not deploy on either the drivers side nor the passengers side. I believe if this would have deployed my wife would not have suffered these type of injuries or would have lessened them. I called the local Honda dealer to discuss this and he gave me some off the wall reason why they did not deploy even at a 35 to 40 mph front collision! the sensors on the front bumper area, radiator, engine and frame were damaged to the point they seemed to be moved back towards the passenger cab. These air bags should have deployed on impact but did not. I cannot find any customer help line for Honda to report this. I feel that this should be investigated to see if this is a problem for this type of vehicle.

- Corrigan, TX, USA

Apr 132009

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. upon starting the vehicle she noticed a red light illuminating on the dashboard. While having the vehicle serviced for routine maintenance by an independent mechanic she was informed that the seat belt sensor failed and the air bags would not deploy in the event of a crash. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 77,989 and the current mileage was 102,000.

- Limestone, TN, USA

Jan 152008

CR-V

The SRS (safety restraint system) warning light came on in my 2005 Honda CRV with less than 18,000 miles on it. The light will not go out. The car has never been in an accident. The Honda dealer has performed diagnostic tests that indicate that nothing is wrong and the air bags should deploy and seat belts should work in an accident. Who do I believe -- the warning light or the diagnostic tests. I don't like driving a car that has a warning light indicating something is wrong with a safety system.

- Palm Desert, CA, USA

Jan 152008

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the SRS light began flashing. The contact called the dealer twice and was informed that it was not a serious issue and should not worry. She did not realize at the time that the vehicle was at the end of warranty. When the SRS light illuminated again and remained lit, the contact called the dealer a third time and was informed that the vehicle was no longer under warranty. NHTSA campaign id number 04V526000 (air bags:side/window) was referenced. The current mileage was 22,749 and failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 06/02/08 the consumer stated the dealership acknowledges speaking with them in reference to the SRS system popping on at times in January and paying to diagnose vehicle at dealership. Updated 06/02/08

- Nashua, NH, USA