2006 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Nov 062016

CR-V

Takata recall. Received recall notice, June 2016, NHTSA recal 16V-344. Contacted local dealer (visalia Honda, visalia, ca) 13july2016. Did not have replacement but said would order and contact us. No contact. Re-contacted dealer on 29 october2016. Still did not have part but said would order and contact us. Still no contact as of today 6november 2016. Nearly 110 days since first contacting dealer for replacement and still no word or service. Very dissatisfied and concerned.

- Visalia, CA, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

I received a recall notice (NHTSA recall 16V-344) in June of 2016. I called my local Honda dealer (paul miller Honda of West caldwell, NJ) to schedule the necessary repairs be made in early July 2016. I was told that they needed to order the part and would call me when they receive it. I never got a call and have called to inquire several times and they keep telling me they don't have the necessary parts. The recall notice states "Honda suggests that you avoid having a passenger sit in the front passenger's seat until the recall repair has been performed." I need to use my car to Transport my young children and am getting annoyed at the complete disregard for my children's safety. I need this recall repair completed as soon as possible. Thank you.

- North Caldwell, NJ, USA

Jun 152016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Aug 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V320000 and 16V344000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 182016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 132016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The contact left numerous voice mail messages with the dealer and they provided no follow up response. The contact called the dealer for months. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Greenbrae, CA, USA

Jul 072016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 072016

CR-V

Takata recall - this is a complaint filed against ray price Honda, 505 fawn rd, suite a, East stroudsburg, pa 18301 (phone 570-421-2000). On 07 July 2016 I contacted ray price through their website about the airbag recall. On 08 July 2016 I was told they had to order my airbag and I provided them with all relevant information. I was told they would contact me back when the parts arrived. I followed up on July 11th and July 27th by email and was told the parts had still not arrived yet for my vehicle. On August 27th I contacted the dealership by phone, and they claimed they did not have an order in for my airbag recall. They said they would make another order and contact me when it arrived. It is now 17 September and I have not heard back about this recall. After 70+ days ray price Honda has been negligent and failed to perform an important safety recall on my vehicle despite my numerous follow-up correspondence.

- Stroudsburg, PA, USA

Sep 142016

- Bedford, TX, USA

Jul 052016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the dealer repaired the vehicle per a recall for the air bags in mid January 2016. Months later, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). After more than two calls, the dealer indicated that the parts were on a national back order. The dealer informed the contact that they would schedule a repair on September 19, 2016. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Clarendon Hills, IL, USA

Sep 132016

CR-V

A safety recall was issued by Honda dated June 2016 for the passenger air bag inflator advising that the passenger seat should not be used until the inflator is replaced to avoid injury to the passenger. I contacted my local Honda dealer to schedule an appointment to repair this deficiency 7-11-2016 and was assured that I would be notified when the defective part would be available for installation. I checked back 7-29-2016 and was told there was a large backlog on the recall and to call Honda customer service for a resolution to the problem. I called Honda 8-10-2016 and 8-23-2016, was issued a case # 04914374 but was told the deficiency could not be repaired any time soon. It is now Sept 13, 2016 and I still can't use the passenger seat in my Honda.

- Henrico, VA, USA

CR-V

Takata recall - Honda contacted me June 2016 regarding a recall for passenger airbag but continues to tell me they have not received the part. Is there anything we can do to expedite completion of this important recall?

- Forest Hill, MD, USA

Jul 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 062016

CR-V

My airbag light sporadically comes on when the car is stationary and in motion. I had my local dealer examine the issue and they said it was due to a faulty sensor in my driver seat belt buckle. The light doesn't come on every time that I drive the car. Some times days go by with normal driving that the light doesn't come on and then there are multiple days in a row when the light comes on.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jun 132016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Miami, FL, USA

CR-V

Recall letter came in June 2016 NHTSA 16V-344. I called to make appointment in June...still waiting on part according to the Honda dealer. Honda suggest to avoid passengers in the front seat...how long do I need to wait for the part...unacceptable - 2 months now and still waiting

- Euless, TX, USA

May 232016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

May 212016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Galveston, TX, USA

CR-V

Takata recall - we received a letter dated June 2016 regarding this recall. Within a week I contacted our local Honda dealership, dick brooks Honda of greer, to inquire. Date of that initial call was 7/6/16. I also called american Honda. I was told by both that parts were not available but that I would receive a call when available. Our Honda is driven by my teenage daughter and is it frequently necessary to have other passengers in the car. I expressed my concerns for safety. As of August we still had not heard anything back regarding the parts. I sent a request to american Honda to inquire about an alternate vehicle. On 8/23/16 I received a call from ah. There answer was that only the passenger side was affected and that we should continue to avoid any passenger on that side. And that because we don't always have a passenger there would be no provision for alternate transportation. I still expressed my concern for safety and the inconvenience of having to drive a separate car should we need to Transport additional passengers. At that time the rep called dick brooks who told her the part(s) had never been ordered but that they would order and would possibly be in by Thursday (8/25). Today is 8/30/16 and the part is still on back-order per my call to the parts manager. My concern remains the same. Most importantly this presents a valid safety issue as well as an inconvenience. Please contact me with a satisfactory resolution. Regards, starla brown (vehicle owner) (864) 905-6706

- Taylors, SC, USA

CR-V

Takata recall I received recall notice in June 2016 and called dch Honda temecula upon receipt. They said they will order part and will give me a call as soon as they get this. I called on July 18 and again on Aug 23. It's been almost 90days and my car has not been repaired. Please help.

- Temecula, CA, USA