CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2.1

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 7 of 11)

Jul 062013

CR-V

The CRV locks the doors and tailgate automatically when the vehicle reaches a certain speed. Our CRV locked itself according to this protocol. We then parked the car, turned off the ignition and tried to exit the car. The front passenger door would not unlock, and there was no way to manually override this problem. We exited via the driver's side and then discovered that the tailgate was also jammed in the locked position. We have taken the car to the dealer who sold it, and he has told us that there is no way to override the locking mechanism once it has jammed in the locked position. Repair will cost hundreds of dollars because the passenger front door has to be dis-assembled from the inside. The absence of a manual override is a serious safety issue. We could have been locked in the car with no way to get out!! thankfully only two of the five locks failed!!!!

- Wilton, CT, USA

Jul 062013

CR-V 4-cyl

We are having a problem with the door locks on our CR-V. the locks will not stay open for more than 2 seconds. One fob key will open the door. But we have to be ready to open the door at the exact second we hit the fob. The turn key lock does not work. While in the vehicle, whether the ignition is on or off...if we hit the unlock button-it locks again immediately. We are concerned about getting out of the vehicle incase of an emergency. We contacted our Honda dealer when this first occurred and was told the problem is the driver door actuator. After doing some research we found this to a wide spread issue and a big enough problem to make the tv news in two different states. Before filing this complaint, I called Honda Corp and explained our issue with the CR-V and found their response to the issue to be very blazay. I explained our research findings and was told to have a diagnostic test done to see if it is a Honda defect or our problem. There is a charge for that as well. Also in doing the research, we found that doing the driver side door will not take care of the problem and all the doors will eventually need a new actuator. The price is $350 or more per door. This is definitely a major safety issue that Honda need to address.

- Berkeley Hts, NJ, USA

May 012013

CR-V 4-cyl Diesel

On or about May 1st, 2013, I noticed that the driver side's passenger door lock was making odd noises even when the engine was off. Shortly after, I noticed that when I would lock the car doors, the lock on the aforementioned door would open by itself. I took the car to two dealers and I was told that it would cost me at least $400 to fix the problem. I took the car to a mechanic and he fixed the lock; however, the mechanic told me that the door is going to be remained locked forever. It did not bother me much because at least my car would be safe and it could not be broken into. The next day, I noticed another problem! now the trunk is locked and there is no way for me to unlock it.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jul 072013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks will not remain locked or will lock again before we can open the doors.

- Bloomington, IL, USA

Jun 032013

CR-V

All the doors on my 2007 Honda CR-V will not remain unlocked. Once the unlock button is hit all of them remain unlocked for about 1 second, and then they all lock again. This results in a number of problems (1) have been locked out of car (have small kids in car seats inside the car), and (2) in the event of an accident, all of the doors will be locked and there will be no way to get into the car.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Jun 212013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the rear passenger's door unlocked independently. In addition, the rear lift gate failed to open. The vehicle was not taken vehicle to dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer was contacted and stated that the failure could possibly have been caused by the door lock actuator. The failure was reported to the manufacturer. The failure and current mileage was 112, 626.

- Burleson , TX, USA

Nov 012010

CR-V 4-cyl

As I was driving in town my back left door lock suddenly unlocked itself, without my pushing any locking button. This continued sporadically. However, when I took it to the dealership nothing happened, so they could do nothing. Later the other back door had the same problem. That may have been in November of 2012, I honestly don't remember. When my husband took the car to the dealership this time, they quoted a price for repair which my husband felt was too high, so he did not have anything done. Within the past two months (maybe April of 2013), the drivers' side door also came down with the same unlocking problem. Last Tuesday afternoon, June 26, 2013, the simple clicking sound which accompanied the unlocking action was replaced with a loud grinding sound. Generally this happens when the car is moving from a standing still situation to moving forward. I saw this morning that it happened at 10 mph, but sometimes it just happens several times consecutively. The car cannot be locked, so the door could be opened while in motion, or it could be entered by anyone at any time. I know mine is not the only car of this model to have this problem.

- Green Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 102013

CR-V 4-cyl

On June 10, 2013 I brought my 2007 CRV into Honda North, danvers, MA to get my annual inspection & a routine maintenance service. I mentioned I was having problems with my passenger door lock which was starting to lock automatically. The diagnostic uncovered that there was a problem with my actuator and on 6/28/13 I had this replaced for $325. On 6/29/13, one day later all "4" doors had problems. My two small children got locked in the car with it running when I stepped out of the driver door to retrieve something from the hatch back. When I closed the driver door, all "4" doors locked automatically and my two small children were locked inside!!! I can no longer use the remote key to open the doors, when I manually open the doors I have 2 seconds before all "4" doors lock to get inside. I am afraid that my children will get locked inside again or if there is an emergency they will be trapped inside. Honda needs to fix this actuator failure before there are further incidents or fatalities because of this!! so far I have spent too much time & money on repairs and I want peace of mind that I have properly functioning locks.

- Newburyport, MA, USA

Jun 282013

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger side door lock will not remain locked. It will unlock by itself and when the car is in motion at more the 10 mph the lock will cycle between locking and unlocking. It is the same problem that many other Honda owners of a CR-V appear to be having. A passenger must than ride with the door unlocked and I feel this is a safety hazard. Also, the car can't be secured when parked. Honda Corp. Is aware of this problem but has not made any effort to correct it. Honda Corp. States that this is normal wear and tear and because it is out of the warranty mileage(36,000) it is the owners responsibility to pay for this repair. To me this sounds more like a design flaw and Honda should stand behind their product.

- Newfoundland, NJ, USA

Jun 242013

CR-V 4-cyl

On Monday June 24, 2013, I put my children in the car, fastened their car seats, walked around to my driver door to find it locked. My children were locked in the vehicle in my garage with the keys in the ignition. (thank goodness I was still at home and was able to locate the spare key) the car is automatically locking itself within seconds of the unlock button being pressed on the remote. It locks and unlocks itself while driving at this point (July 1, 2013) this again poses a large hazard to Transport children in a car whose doors unlock while driving. Absolutely a safety defect! after some online research, this is a very common safety malfunction in 2007 CRV's, yet Honda has not made a recall. I guess they are not that concerned about safety.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Jun 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

The locks intermittently do not stay locked. They will unlock on their own while driving. The car will not lock properly while it is on. It also does not lock properly while it is off. All doors except the driver door is affected.

- Brentwood, CA, USA

Jun 082013

CR-V 4-cyl

The passengers automatic door lock with lock automatically, then after 2 seconds it will un-lock automatically. This issue just started to happen appx 3 weeks ago. We cannot lock the passengers door anytime (I.e. during driving and/or parked in the carport).

- Tempe, AZ, USA

May 102012

CR-V

The front right passenger door and the hatch door were locked shut. I could not open either door with the remote or manually. I was concerned this could be dangerous for the passenger if we were ever involved in an accident and needed to get out of the car immediately. I did have both doors repaired. Then a few months later the rear door started making a grinding noise whenever the doors locked or unlocked. Then the drivers door would open and close all the doors at random times. I was concerned the doors would lock me out one day. I do make frequent car trips to see my family in another city and I did not want to get locked out while on route in the middle of nowhere. I have since had those two doors repaired for another few hundred dollars. This is a safety issue for anyone who might be in an accident and the doors will not open. I feel Honda should take responsibility for this defect in the CRV's before someone does get seriously hurt or worse.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jun 102011

CR-V

My door locks on the car would lock and unlock while driving and there was no way to stop it from doing this. In addition, there was no way for me to lock the vehicle while driving or after parking and leaving the vehicle. When the dealer did not fix the problem I then asked them how I could lock the vehicle and the servicemen sent me on my way and said there was no way to do so. This problem has continued with each of the doors. The latest is that the car door will not unlock. The other day I had to crawl across the console to get out of the car because there was no way to unlock the door and get out. I am concerned about the safety of this issue because if there were an accident it is possible that people in the car would not be able to get out, especially if the accident resulted in a car fire. In addition, with children in the back seat, there is no way to prevent them from opening the door while driving. I have taken the car into Honda six times regarding the different doors and each time have had to fight with them regarding fixing this problem. The first time the vehicle was under warranty so it was fixed without a question, but each additional time I have had to wait several days and argue with different people. Door locks should work and when you review different forums and blogs on line and so many people have complained about this safety issue they should be taking care of this problem.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jun 022013

CR-V

Passenger side door lock started to unlock randomly, then would lock and unlock when driving. All other doors remained locked. I tried to reset auto locks in accordance with the Honda CRV owners manual. This worked a couple times for a day or so, then back to the same old locking /unlocking. The passenger door does not lock at all now leaving my vehicle and passengers in danger. When searching thru the internet for other possible fixes, I was caught off guard in finding so many others with the same issue. I see there was a recall on the 2006 Honda CRV's I have a 2007. In this day and age, there is a safe feeling when driving around and you have the security of a locked car door. I am not feeling very safe in my car these days and hope something is done by Honda regarding this problem.

- Middletown, CT, USA

Jan 072013

CR-V 4-cyl

Upon locking the door using either the keyless entry button or the automatic locks on the doors both the left front and right rear doors immediately unlock. Upon unlocking the doors the right rear door immediately re-locks itself.

- Candler, NC, USA

Mar 182013

CR-V

I own a 2007 Honda CRV whose front driver and passenger and rear passenger doors lock and unlock constantly as I drive. When I turn off the vehicle I cannot lock my front passenger door so that lock remains unlocked at all times. In addition, there have been occurrences where I park and turn off my car but I cannot unlock my front driver door so I need to slide across to the passenger side in order to exit my car. These issues have been both dangerous and annoying. The cost to repair each door is out of my reach so I have had to endure.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 072013

CR-V 4-cyl

Left rear passenger door locks when other doors are unlocked, and unlocks when other doors are locked. Also rear hatch door now won't unlock.

- Galion, OH, USA

Jun 062012

CR-V

I previously filed a complaint about my car doors locking and unlocking. Does someone have to lose their life for Honda to recognize the problem here" or maybe one of our children from being locked inside"

- Hemet, CA, USA

Dec 282012

CR-V

In December, my rear passenger side door would not unlock. I tried to manually unlock the door and the lock would not budge. My baby was in his rear-facing carseat on the rear passenger side of the car so I had to open the rear driver side door to get my baby out through that door. The problem has continued to escalate to the point that as of today (06/11/13), the rear passenger side door will no longer lock and the front passenger side door will only remain unlocked for a few seconds before moving itself back to the locked position. I have an appointment with my local Honda dealer tomorrow to fix the problem at my expense. This is a safety issue and based upon the number of complaints I have found on the internet, Honda should be forced to issue a recall. I have three children and I fear that if there is an accident and we need to evacuate the vehicle, the door locks may fail all together and we may not be able to safely exit the vehicle.

- Franklin, TN, USA