2.1

2008 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 9)

Aug 222014

CR-V

The back passenger door will not lock.

- Calera, AL, USA

Nov 252013

CR-V

When unlocking doors from inside or with fob, passenger door re-locks within seconds. Drivers door lock makes loud noise whenever locking or unlocking. Seems to be a problem with a lot of similar cars. Very annoying. Could be dangerous if trying to enter or exit car in a emergency situation.

- Shenandoah, TX, USA

Jul 312014

CR-V

All doors are locking automatically immediately after they have been unlocked. On occasion, after locking, the doors will not unlock nor allow manual override of the front driver's side door to unlock it - the driver has had to crawl through the car to locate a door that could be unlocked manually in order to exit the vehicle.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Jul 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

Front passenger door locks will engage and disengage while driving. Not able to lock door when vehicle is off.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Aug 212014

CR-V

I also have a Honda CRV 2008. The left rear door started unlocking while the vehicle was in operation. I used to be able to play with the doors and the locking mechanism a bit and finally get it to stay locked. However, since it first started, it has gotten progressively worse and now is not locking at all which presents both a safety and security risk. I spoke with Honda and there is no recall on this safety/security issue. However findlaw.com says there is a recall for 2012 crvs and Acura ilxs for this same issue. I am curious as to why it was not extended to all crvs experiencing this same problem.

- La Canada Flintridge, CA, USA

Aug 112014

CR-V 4-cyl

The car's auto-lock system has been designed to automatically lock the car doors when driving. However, one of the doors started to automatically unlock itself. So, whenever the car is stationary (I.e. stopped at a red light or stop sign) and then goes into drive, the car would automatically lock but then the one door will unlock. Even when the car has been parked and turned off, the door will not stay locked thereby posing a big risk in an event of someone trying to enter into the car or steal something.

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 182013

CR-V 4-cyl

At times passenger front door locks can not be unlocked. At other times lock will randomly lock and unlock during which door can not be unlocked. This creates unsafe conditions where door can not be locked at times or unlocked at times. I believe this to be a defect with the door lock actuator.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Aug 012014

CR-V

The door lock for the back door of our vehicle keeps slowly unlocking after we attempt to lock the doors. This happens when we use the fob or when we attempt to lock the doors manually. This is a safety issue and I understand there is a class action suit (or suits) against Honda for this.

- Lincoln, RI, USA

Jul 252014

CR-V 4-cyl

Drivers side door lock issues - unable to lock the drivers side door using all available methods, I.e. electric door lock, inside manual door lock or outside key lock. Significantly, when door lock issues occur it poses a safety risk to the operator and passengers in the vehicle since the door locking and unlocking features fail to operate correctly. In my particular case the door did not lock at any time, whether the vehicle is turned on or off.

- Clemmons, NC, USA

Apr 302014

CR-V 4-cyl

My car first began automatically locking constantly every time I released the brake pedal and began to accelerate with the gas pedal. A few weeks later I noticed that the passenger side front and rear doors were no longer locking. I tried to lock them manually but they automatically unlock. My car is still continuing to automatically lock every time I switch from the brake to gas pedal only now it makes a very loud, startling buzz sound from the front passenger door with each lock. The issues seem to fluctuate between not locking at all, locking constantly, and buzzing loudly with each lock each time I drive the car. It also seems that the child locks are activating themselves as you cannot open either passenger door from the inside of the car. This is becoming a grave safety concern being that I cannot lock my doors properly. I became very frustrated to find that this seems to be quite a common problem with CR-V's made between 2007-2011 and Honda has not recalled them. Fixing this issue through the dealer is very costly and does not promise to correct the issue. Honda campaigns to "start something special". I have yet to see what it is that they have started that is so "special" when it comes to repairing their own mistakes to benefit the safety and convenience of their loyal customers.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Jul 012014

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

The passenger door locks and unlocks itself. It tries to re-lock and then opens. It continues to do this repeatedly. I cannot lock the passenger door. The problem appears to be with the actuator. The rear hatchback door also will not unlock when it is hot (over 80 degrees). I can't lock the doors on the vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

Was driving down the road and I heard my doors lock again. They usually only lock when I put the vehicle in drive and not again during that particular trip. It kept doing it after I would come to a stop and then accelerate. Now it makes a screeching noise everytime I put it into drive. Sometimes it locks, sometimes it doesn't. the dealer wants $330 per door to change out the actuator. I understand Honda is involved in a class action lawsuit over this. I cannot figure out why they would not issue a voluntary recall over this. There are safety issues involved for their customers. Honda usually has a great reputation for making a reliable and affordable vehicle. They should be concerned about their customers, not the bottom line. They will lose customers...

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

The right rear passenger power door lock remains in the locked position at all times. Any attempt to unlock the door, either manually or remotely, only lasts for a few seconds at most. Then the door is relocked electrically and can't be opened from neither the inside nor outside. The door can only be opened by quickly pulling the door latch in between an unlock command and the automatic reset of the lock. Since the time of the rear passenger door issue the front passenger door lock has begun having the same problem.

- Mcloud, OK, USA

Jun 292014

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear passenger door (behind driver) unlocks when car is in motion. I had children in the car when door suddenly unlocked. Problem is continuing.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Sep 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

Vehicle door locks immediately relock themselves when trying to unlock car. Sometimes it keeps me trapped in the car trying to open the door fast enough before it relocks itself. This is a safety concern in the event of an emergency and need to evacuate car.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Jun 032013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated while driving at approximately 15mph, the rear hatch door unlock independently without any warnings. The contact stated that as soon as the door was locked, it would slowly unlock. The vehicle had not been taken to the dealer. The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 65,300.

- Tslugerville , TX, USA

Jun 252014

CR-V

The locks on my CR-V do not function properly. If I unlock the doors, either from the car door or remotely, they instantly relock. This happens when the car is on or off, even in drive. The driver's side door cannot be unlocked manually. I see this is a huge problem with this car. Extremely frustrating--and expensive to repair! it is also dangerous, and makes me nervous to travel with my children because I don't trust the lock system.

- Claremont, CA, USA

Dec 062013

CR-V 4-cyl

Passenger front and rear doors will not stay locked. Poses safety risk with having a child in the backseat. Took to Honda and door actuators had to be replaced in both locks. Fortunately I had extended warranty but still cost me $100 copay. Now seeing this is a huge trend with this vehicle.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

May 162014

CR-V

Door locks remain unlocked or locked. In once case rear right door does not lock whether you do it manually or automatically. This is leaving children exposed to unsafe condition where the door may open while car is in motion if they played with the door handle. A week later, front right door does not unlock at all whether you do it manually or automatically. In an unfortunate situation, one cannot unlock the door to escape the vehicle in an unfortunate situation. To me both of these are serious safety concerns. I am going to the dealer to have it take a look, but Honda needs to address the issue by recalling the door locking mechanism.

- Austin, TX, USA

May 312014

CR-V

Drivers door and trunk would not unlock. I had to climb across the car and get out on the passenger side. Key would not unlock the door and I couldn't manually push the lock to the unlock position. It was completely stuck.

- Mounds, OK, USA