2.1

2008 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 6 of 9)

Jun 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

The front passenger door lock slowly locks by itself after the key fob is used to unlock the doors. The rear passenger door will slowly unlock by itself after the key fob is used to lock the doors (exact opposite of the front passenger door). The car locks will repeatedly lock and unlock themselves while driving. This is a severe safety issue as the car cannot be locked now. All auto-lock features were turned off and the condition still exists.

- The Woodlands, TX, USA

Jul 022013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated while driving under 10 mph the doors locked. She had to manually lock the door and now she is unable to unlock the front drivers side door. The vehicle was not repaired nor was the failure diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 56,786. The current mileage was 56,886. Updated 09/05/13

- Metuchen, NJ, USA

Apr 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

Fellow Honda owners: Just started experiencing doorlock failures. (61,000 miles). My noticed rear door lock (behind passenger)not locking after key fob is clicked. Also noticed as car accelerated from 5-10mph the all door locks would attempt to lock. Driving us crazy as well as posing a safety issue. Can't leave valuables in the car for fear of it getting stolen. Read that it's the actuator. P/N 72155-S5A-A01. Also Honda has not issued a recall on this problem. I guess once it reaches a major threshold (1000 complaints)- then they'll act. Otherwise it's the owners responsibility to replace the actuator. All actuators should be replaced because they eventually will fail. Dealers will gladly perform the replacement of actuators. What ever happened to Honda reliability " I guess they don't build them like they use to. This vehicle was built in Japan, however the actuator part was probably manufactured elsewhere. Really disappointing Honda..........on my model 2008 there is also a pending switch transmission problem. I wonder when Honda issues a recall for that"

- Milpitas, CA, USA

May 082013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the passenger and driver's side doors would lock independently and without any warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the door locking mechanism needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 75,000. Updated 09/30/13

- Hackensack, NJ, USA

Jul 262013

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear door and rear hatch locks became inoperative when vehicle was stopped and parked, had children in car seats and was not able to open doors manually or electrically. Because children were in car seats it was very difficult to get children out of car. Also there was no way to open locked doors vehicle was not able to Transport passengers until this condition was repaired. This could be a serious condition in an emergency or accident.

- Acton, CA, USA

Jul 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

Last week while in atlanta, ga my Honda CRV 2008 doors started locking with in seconds of me hitting the unlock button. Making it very hard to get in the car. The car was on in park and door accidentally closed and locked automatically with noticing locking my dog in the car with no air. I do not have the spare key. Thankfully after calling 911 the fire department was able to get the car unlocked my getting the window to roll down. The temperature outside was approx 86 degrees and who knows how hot in the car.fortunately, they came with in 30 min of this happening. The dog was scared after this incident and reluctant to be in the car. The car normally automatically locks once the car is in reverse. The car has continued to have this issue over the weekend.I am also unable to unlock the car manually with just the key. This issue concerns me very much as I travel with my dog around town and have only the one key.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Jul 262013

CR-V

I was locked into my car I could not unlock the car automatically or manually I was trapped and had to call a lock smith to come save me. After the fact I called Honda and they told me they would make a report but they couldn't do anything for me. On top of this I wasn't alone I had my small grand children with me and they acted like they didn't care. I have always bought a Honda but I am not wanting to give them another dime of my money. I replaced one lock but it is acting up again! door actuator. Is the error it has and needs to have a recall for it.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Mar 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks stopped working locked all the doors

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Apr 012013

CR-V

In April of this year (2013), the 2008 Honda CRV-ex that I purchase certified, pre-owned in October 2012, began having problems with the door locks. As I was driving, the locks would automatically unlock and lock themselves every time I came to a stop and started driving again. The problem stopped after a few days, then a few weeks later, started occurring again. Before I called to have it checked, it stopped, but then I would hear a squealing sound immediately after the doors were locked upon acceleration. All of these issues stopped, but then about a week ago (July 2013), both doors on the passenger side started relocking themselves within 3 seconds of being unlocked by either the key fob or from the driver side door. They cannot be locked or unlocked manually, even with auto lock off. They also cannot be opened from the inside by the passenger. This is a serious safety issue for my child, who would not be able to open his door and exit immediately in the case of an emergency. In addition to this problem, the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light is on permanently on my dashboard. According to the dealer technician I spoke with, this means the TPMS has stopped communicating with the sensors on at least one of my tires. This is a hazard in that I could have dangerously low tire pressure and would not know it, which could lead to a blow out at high freeway speeds. This same technician reported he has seen "quite a few" 2007 and 2008 crvs coming in with this issue. I can work around this issue by frequently checking tire pressure myself, but it remains that I should not have to do this, when I paid for a vehicle that should be doing it for me.

- League City, TX, USA

Jul 102013

CR-V

On March 21, 2012, I took MY2008 Honda CRV for service.my power door locks were malfunctioning.. they would constantly lock and un lock as I was driving. They would be clicking lock and unlock, dealer claimed I needed an actuator assembly at the cost of app. $250. I naturally had it repaired as it was a serious safety concern, since my small grandsons are in the back. On July 10, 2013 I returned with the identical door lock problem. Since I had driven more than 12,000 miles since the last repair, this was repair was not covered under warranty. After expressing my dissatisfaction, the dealer supposedly called Honda directly and Honda agreed to pay half of repair costs. My cost -$87. Since it was a major safetyconcern for me, I agreed. Guess what? two days later the same problem with the door locks re occurred. They are constantly clicking open and closed.when I called the dealer they told me it's probably an underlying electrical problem. I am reluctant to spend anymore on this apparently unfixable issue, but it is a serious safety issue, especially when young children and infants are required by law to be in the backseat. Judging by the number of complaints on this website I would like to see the NHTSA pressure Honda Motors to assume responsibility for this electrical malfunction.

- Elma, NY, USA

Jul 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

Drivers side door will not lock due to failed door actuator.

- Bella Vista, AR, USA

Jun 282013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front and rear passenger side door locks would independently lock and unlock while driving. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer however, they were unable to duplicate the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 75,600.

- Philidelphia, PA, USA

Jun 202013

CR-V

Once I began driving my 2008 Honda CRV and the doors lock, they begin to unlock and slowly re-lock. Very often it continues to unlock and re-lock for most of the trip before remaining locked or unlocked. I am extremely concerned about safety since I have a young child who rides in the back seat and the doors unlock while I am driving. I am also worried the doors will unlock once my vehicle is parked which can cause me to become a victim of vehicle theft or damage.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

May 032013

CR-V

There is a problem with the locks. Simply all doors are locking and unlocking by itself while in motion. Additionally right rear door cant ever be locked leaving all valuable unprotected at all times. When pressing lock button on the remote all doors lock except the right rear which locks and quickly unlocks by itself. This is really annoying and unacceptable since cant be sure anymore if car is locked or not without checking all the doors. This simply leaves my Honda open to anybody. Having said that after owning 6 Honda I am starting to notice different brands more and more since nothing really ever gets recalled after so many complains from many other individuals. Fixing such problems is very expensive as well.

- Hamilton, NJ, USA

Jun 292013

CR-V

My 2008 Honda CR-V has started locking the doors by itself. I shut the front door before I opened the back door to get my 11 month old baby out of the car and the doors locked before I was able to open the back door. It was over 100 deg F, so I had to call the fire department to break a window to get my child out of the car.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 242013

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger side rear door started to unlock after locking the vehicle. This will happen either while driving or when remote locking the car. It seems the lock mechanism slowing opens on its own. I just took a look at the door, but I don't see any physical damage to the latch or handles. I have read on line many others have had this same problem and Honda is not taking any ownership of this failure of the door lock actuator. I am very concerned since this does happen to the passengers side rear door where I have my 3 year's old child seat.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Jun 012013

CR-V

Rear lock initially not working and actuator was replaced for approximately $250. Approximately 1 month later all door locks repeatedly attempted to lock and unlock while driving as front door actuator malfunctioned. I was unable to lock front door electrically, with key or by manually pushing lock. All doors would not lock automatically while driving but repeatedly attempted to lock making loud noise while driving. Front and second rear door actuators now need to be replaced at same cost. Should I have to pay $750 to be able to safely ride in car with doors locked or lock car when unattended. I am sure the fourth lock will go soon at this rate. The car was not able to be locked manually and there was now way to stop the repeated loud noise while driving which would have allowed me not to pay the high cost of repair /

- Hanover, MA, USA

Jun 242013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the door locked and unlocked independently. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 65,000.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Apr 032013

CR-V 4-cyl

Front passenger door locks and unlocks of its own Accord, does not respond to power door lock, unlocks itself.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Electric door locks malfunction automatically locking or refusing to lock on passenger and read doors.. I am told there is an electrical problem with the locking system that needs to be replaced at a high cost. Creating a safety issue with rear doors for our grandchildren as doors may lock or unlock as the car is driven.

- Tucson, AZ, USA