2.1

2008 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 5 of 9)

Aug 012011

CR-V

I bought my car brand new in November 2007. It is a 2008 Honda CR-V 5dr 2wd ex. A couple/few years back, the locks started acting up. It was always the same two, the front passenger door and the rear door. I would push the unlock button on my key, and the other 3 doors would unlock, but those 2 would not. I tried using the unlock/lock buttons on the driver's door, and after hitting the lock button first and then unlock several times, it would work and those 2 doors would eventually unlock. And then sometimes all of a sudden they would start unlocking again using the key. This has been an ongoing annoyance for the past 2-3 years. I can't remember the exact date or mileage when it first happened. Probably about a year ago, they finally stopped completely. They will not unlock at all using the key or the driver's door. The passenger one, of course, I can manually unlock from the inside if needed. But the rear I have absolutely no way of opening that door. Completely ridiculous!!! it has been a complete pain to not have that storage area. I have had to lower the back seats to put anything in there. It also caused me to incur damage to my car this year. I had a flat and needed the spare tire. Well, I had to climb through the doors into the back where my spare was, only to realize you couldn't get to the spare because the rear door was in the way. So I had to rip the back flap to get to the tire. So that will cost me money to fix. This is in addition to the dealer telling me each actuator will cost over $300 to get replaced. After researching trying to find this actuator part, I came across the lawsuit and many many others with this problem. Sounds like Honda needs to recall this and pay for fixing their problem!!!

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Sep 282013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the doors locked and unlocked independently and intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000....updated 11-18-13

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Jul 082013

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving I saw all my door getting unlocked by itself. Since than I have this issue. All door locks randomly lock/unlock and with the kids on back this is not safe. I called american Honda but flatly told they don't know any issue and since it is over 36000 mile, no help.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

May 012013

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

Driver side door getting locked and unlocked automatically, after few days I noticed the same problem with the passenger door as well. Both door locks making noise and unlock and lock automatically. If I lock driver side door, passenger door gets unlocked. Not responding to remote fob. Now, I am managing the locks by manually locking driver side door. Spoke to Honda dealer and they said it is a problem with both actuator in both doors and it would cost me 270 + 250 (520 dollars). Part is actually 70 dollar but labor is 200 dollar for driver side door and 180 dollar for passenger side door. I see similar complaints in the web for 2007 and 2008 Honda Cr-vs. It is something manufacturing defect with these models. I am feeling unsafe everyday I drive. I might have to spend 500 bucks to fix this issue. The fact that worrying me more is, many vehicle owners complained that problem will be repeated after sometime and again I have to spend 500 dollars.

- Charlotte, OH, USA

CR-V

Started experiencing door lock failure a few months ago. (~56,000 miles) I noticed driver side rear door lock is not staying locked, car locks continually try to lock themselves when accelerating from 5-10 mph. Door locks keep attempting to lock, driving me crazy. Not to mention a big safety issue.

- Farmington, UT, USA

Jul 012013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the passenger's side front door lock failed. The door could not be opened electronically or manually. The dealer advised that the door actuator failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 68,000 and the current mileage was 74,000.

- Murray, UT, USA

Apr 182013

CR-V 4-cyl

My locks would lock and unlock while driving without me initiating it. At a later date, I was locked out of my car and neither the remote nor the actual lock on my door would unlock for me to get in the car. Now my locks are making a really loud noise when I try to lock and/or unlock the car.

- Littletong, CO, USA

Jul 032012

CR-V 4-cyl

Doors will unlock by themselves while vehicle is in motion and while parked and secured.

- Upland, CA, USA

Sep 142013

CR-V 4-cyl

The door locks on the driver side won't open and I had problems getting out of the car. Then when the car was all locked, I couldn't open the car, even with the actual key inside. It took leaving the car and letting it rest to finally get inside the car with the key. While driving the locks kept opening and locking inside the car. Not very safe.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 112013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the front passenger's side door unlocked and locked without manual force. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the actuator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 56,000...updated 11-18-13

- Petaluma , CA, USA

Aug 262013

CR-V 4-cyl

On 08/26/2013 the front right door on my 2008 Honda CR-V started to unlock itself even when in motion. It would lock and then unlock itself again. I had the Honda dealer in old bridge, NJ fix the issue a few days later. Then on 09/11/2013 all of a sudden all doors of the vehicle started to lock themselves immediately after unlocking. Many times doors will not unlock at all making it difficult to get into or out of the vehicle.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Aug 212013

CR-V 4-cyl

My car door drivers side lock stopped working in may it cost me close to $700 to replace both sides Honda said I had to do both of them. The when I was driving out the end of may to visit my mom in Washington state, my sunroof exploded out in the middle of no where. That was $1400 in wa to replace. On the way home in August my ac stopped working just blew hot air when it was 92 outside. I have never had any of these things happen to any other car. There all very uncommon so they say but after researching the ac clutch problem I see it happens a lot and Honda should fix it for free! I will never buy another Honda ever!!

- Louisville, CO, USA

Aug 032013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks in vehicle keep attempting to engage each time the car stops and starts and reaches 15 mph even when they are already locked. Occasionally, the locks attempt to lock even while driving at speeds over 15 mph..

- Upper Darby, PA, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

Door lock on front passenger side will not lock while vehicle is in motion. It tries to, but then goes to the unlock position. This is constant when in stop and go traffic. Also, it will not lock when parked.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear passenger door-lock does not stay locked. It gradually begins to unlock even though it's locked by remote or manually. This presents a safety issue as the door will automatically remain open even though it should be locked. It presents a safety issue as the vehicle remains open even during the night.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

I have the 2008 CR-V. about 2 months ago, all my door locks started automatically locking and unlocking themselves at around 9 or 10 miles per hour. I'm afraid to let my kids ride in the back seat now. What if one of them decided to hang on to the door handle and it opened accidentally while we were moving? I hope Honda gets a handle of this problem and issues a recall to fix the problem.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 282010

CR-V

Passenger door lock automatically locks and can not manually be unlocked. Took to dealer at the first opportunity, I was told care was "just out of warranty". car is now at 75,000 miles and all 5 door locks have failed. Resulting in my keys being locked inside at a car wash by the employees. Current class action suit is pending. Honda will do nothing about it except charge me nearly $325 for each door lock repair. Honda should do more to please their customers when it is such a common problem.

- Tomball, TX, USA

May 062013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks open on their own while I am driving and I am unable to secure the vehicle when it is parked. Driver side remains locked but the passenger side keeps opening and trying to lock again.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Jul 092013

CR-V 4-cyl

After locked all door while its running the rear passenger side door lock open itself.

- Upland, CA, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

The power doors on the 2008 Honda CR-V have stopped operating. We have become locked inside the vehicle and also the locks randomly open while driving. The danger involved and the feeling of helplessness when locked inside the car is tremendous. After doing some research online I found a problem with the door actuators on the Honda CR-V when I took it to Honda for repair and advised staff of the online information they indicated they had never heard of such a problem. I asked if they ever read the online information and were aware of a class action lawsuit regarding the lock actuator; again they pled ignorance. The repair was covered by my extended warranty but cost me the $50. Co-pay and also the return of over $840 for using the warranty for the repair. Needless to say I am livid! the power steering on this vehicle failed before it was a year old and now the actuators. I hope Honda finally commits to a recall on the door locks, then I intend to seek an attorney's assistance in recovery of my extended warranty rebate. Please make all owners aware of this serious problem, particularly if they have children or pets traveling in the vehicle.

- Baltimore, MD, USA