2008 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Dec 102012

The car kept saying a door was opened when it wasn't and then because of that the car wouldn't lock when I was in it and then the interior lights wouldn't go off. Then, it just stopped happening. Then on 1/14, every time I used the brake when I was driving, the doors would unlock and the interior lights would go on. And then when I would accelerate the doors would lock and the interior lights would go off. This all began the week after I took the car to the dealership to get new tires (where they ripped me off by charging me $1,300 to replace 4 tires!). very frustrating.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 012012

Unable to lock rear doors when in park. Rear doors lock and unlock spontaneously when in drive. When doors lock spontaneously, unable to open doors from inside even when in park.

- Whitman, MA, USA

Nov 012012

While the vehicle is running or not the driver's side lock unlocks itself! it unlocks itself while the car is in drive, when it is stopped at a stop light, and when it is in park. I cannot lock the car with the remote from the outside, and when I manually lock the car while on the inside, it unlocks itself!

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Sep 012012

Front passanger door lock will briefly unlock then on its own lock itself. You have to force the door lock open just to get out and once the lock opens it slowly locks itself. The key fob and lock switch will briefly unlock the latch. (we do have factory installed alarm). My wife also noticed dome light no longer coming on (might just be dead bulb). This could be a huge issue in an accident if passenger or emergency personal are unable to open door due to lock always locking itself. A lot of force is needed to unlock the door. It seems like the door actuator is getting a lock signal and staying in the locked position. Again you can momentarily manually force the door lock open and with the switch/keyfob. Recent repairs: We did recently replace the car battery because the car lost electrical power (car would not start). We also just replaced the ac/heater blower motor because when the HVAC was powered on we heard very loud whirling/clicking noise. We also just changed all four struts because they were leaking but no electrical was touched during this repair.

- Laveen, AZ, USA

Nov 102012

CR-V 4-cyl

Locking actuator does not engaged. When trying to lock the door manually the actuator will automatic unlock the doors. This is a safety issue. After some research this is an ongoing issue with Honda, and Honda will not see this as a safety issue.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Jun 222012

CR-V 4-cyl

After several days of intermittent air-conditioning (cooling) function, the ac compressor failed. Dealer mechanic reports the compressor coil failed (melted?). conditions at the time were high ambient temperatures (ca. 90-100 degrees F). I'm filing this report to corroborate numerous online accounts of similar failures in newer model Honda Cr-vs with 50,000-60,000 miles of use.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Apr 212012

CR-V 4-cyl

Locks wont stay locked. Once locked the rear doors slowly unlock.they have now started making an awful noise when locking or unlocking. Since the doors automatically lock when my car accelerates, and then unlock themseves, I have to hear this noise constantly while driving in stop and go traffic.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 062011

I drove into the rear end of a truck when I glanced away. The car crumbled and the airbags never deployed. Shockingly, the car was repaired. I have the car back and the keys will not remove from the ignition. Each time it is more difficult to remove them.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Mar 252011

The Honda CRV locks and will not release it takes some time pushing on the locks and so forth to get out of the vehicle. It is frightening to have the doors lock and not release. If an accident were to happen panic could set in and people could burn up in the car. Or die trying to get out. My daughter and her grandbaby are in this vehicle all the time. I am afraid for their life. The dealer says it is out of warranty I say it is health and safety and no time limit exists for a life threatening problem.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Jul 272008

Purchased a new Honda CRV on Friday July 25th. Two days later, with less than 200 miles on the odometer, the battery light, exclamation mark, vehicle stability light and check engine light came on, the vehicle hesitated while attempting to accelerate, and rolled back when the transmission was in the drive mode. I took the CRV to the Honda dealership where they cleaned the alternator terminals, that did not fix the problem. They have now changed the alternator but the check engine light is still on. Now they think that the engine air 'intake' may be the problem.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA