2008 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 8)

Apr 012016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. after the vehicle was taken to the dealer for routine service, the dealer did not mention nor address NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). Upon starting the vehicle, the power locks failed to function. The contact had to manually lock the doors. In addition, the front passenger side door latch failed to function and could fracture. The dealer and manufacturer were notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mineola, NY, USA

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact received a manufacturer recall for the door lock actuator and replaced the parts per the recall. A year later, the parts failed to function. The failure occurred with the rear passenger side door actuator and then the front passenger side door actuator failed later. The dealer and the manufacturer were not notified. The contact called the manufacturer twice, was placed on hold several times, and then the call disconnected. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was not available.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

Aug 012016

Front passenger lock jamming. Power steering reservoir bubbling and making a whirring noise.

- Bridgewater, MA, USA

Jul 292016

Driver side rear locks periodically unlock on their own. The driver's actuator was replaced via recall. Dealer refused to replace other actuators claiming that recall has expired.

- Valencia, CA, USA

May 022016

The passenger door lock actuator is malfunctioning. The door makes a loud sound as it cycles between lock and unlock, every time the doors are locked or unlocked. Sometimes it will not lock. Sometimes it will lock. Sometimes it is hard to unlock. It makes awful noises every time I lock the doors. The driver's door was doing the same. Honda corrected the problem in the driver's side door recently for free while the driver's side takata airbag inflator was replaced. However, Honda refuses to cover the cost of the malfunctioning passenger side lock actuator which also presents a hazard if all locks do not unlock easily during an emergency. Honda issued a technical service bulletin in 2015 extending the warranty to cover these. But, there was no problem with the passenger locks at the time so no repairs was needed. This is a known issue for the Honda CR-V. if they cover replacement for one, they should cover replacement for the other for safety.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jul 152016

In 2008 Honda CR-V, I have noticed since July 2016, that passenger door locks (front and rear) automatically unlock when vehicle is in motion. Also, when vehicle is parked, the driver is unable to lock the vehicle using key and no manual lock option is available. Discussed this proble M with Honda dealer a few times and I was informed that there is no recall for passenger side door lock actuator problem. I had received a letter from american Honda motor co., Inc. In beginning of 2015, and made an appointment with Honda dealer and at that time only driver side door lock was covered (not other three door locks). Dealer is stating that I must pay for diagonisis and repairs. Item 3 of letter I received from Honda in 2015 did not specifically states: "if a door lock actuator on your CR-V malfunctions, you may be eligible to receive door lock actuator repairs under an extended warrenty without charge at an authorized Honda dealer..." this is a serious safety concern since my ability to lock the car at all times (when required) is compromised due to malfunctioning parts installed in 2008 Honda CR-V.

- Atco, NJ, USA

Jul 212016

Rear driver-side door unlocks by itself immediately after being locked and will not stay in the locked position. Honda acknowledged that these door lock actuators were defective and issued a "product update" on the driver's door and extended the warranty 3 additional years on all other doors. The extended warranty has now expired and Honda will no longer replace defective locks on any doors other than the driver's door. All door locks have the same problem, but they don't all fail at the same time or within the extended warranty period. Called Honda and was told "there is nothing we can do for you."

- Bow, NH, USA

Jul 242016

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the odometer and fuel gauge readings fluctuated whenever the vehicle was in operation. In addition, the temperature gauge was inoperable. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 217,000.

- Dowagiac, MI, USA

Jul 152016

Recall came out for the driver's door lock because the door will not lock or cycles up and down when trying to lock the door. It was replaced but the same exact problem happened on the passenger side door lock. This is a safety hazard as the passenger door could not be opened. Was charged for replacement and Honda service stated the passenger side door lock did not have a recall despite having the same problem as stated in the recall.

- Hempstead, NY, USA

Apr 052016

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the electronic power control failed to lock the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was serviced under a manufacturer recall related to the electrical system. The key and key fobik battery were replaced, but the failure recurred and the vehicle failed to lock manually. In addition, after the vehicle was serviced per NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags), the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lindsay, CA, USA

Jun 282016

Takata inflator: I.M a driver on my veicle this is the way I sustent my self. Working as "uber driver". my concern is about the safety isues for me and my pasangers.. I know thereis arecall for this veicle, therefore it would be required to takecare!. also my windows power is allready making a big noise, on the doors locks, with the risk of shooting of at any time. On Tuesday at 5:pm I got my kcar key look inside of the car wille it was on. Because the locks got lock by it self. Causing for me to call triple aaa. My veicle was on. At the parking lot of ralphs in the city of brea ca, 92821. By brea blvd, & imperial hwy. This is a safety issue.

- Brea, CA, USA

Jun 052016

Ever since I bought the car every time the weather gets hot and I have my ac on or try to start the car it turns off. Even when I'm driving he car turns off I have took it to mechanic shops and hey have ran it through the diagnostics and still cannot find the problem. I have change the battery, fuel pump, alternator, ignition switch, fuel relay, and gave it a tune up but still can't figure out why it turns off and Honda says my car is fine but it's not! please I need answers of why my car is doing this

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

May 012016

Power door lock actuator not working. It does not lock at all.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 012012

Door lock malfunction 1. doors wont lock with remote. 2.when you park car and turn off ignition it unlocks all 4 doors an you have to manualy lock them, but if you open drivers side door befor you shut off ignition it wont open other has many problems with locks its unsafe.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Apr 272016

I had issues with the doorlock actuator on drivers side. I took it to dealer and they took care of it and assured me they were fixed once and for all. I have noticed that when I hit the lock for all the doors, the rear drivers side does not lock. Today, I was at the gas pump. Turned off my car, put it in park and the locks would not open. I had to manually open my driver side door.

- Fairview, NC, USA

Apr 152016

Both front door actuators were recalled and I had fixed. The back doors aren't recalled, however my rear left actuator is not functioning. I feel that since the front was recalled and clearly malfunctioning in my car that the back should have also been recalled.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Mar 252016

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle was included in a manufacturer's recall for the electrical door locks. The contact stated that the passenger side door locks were inoperable. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the door locks were repaired under the manufacturer's recall. After the repairs were performed, the passenger side door locks initiated independently and the failure progressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer a second time and repaired, but the failure occurred. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Farmington Heights, CO, USA

Jan 202016

I took vehicle in for safety recall last year on door lock actuator. Dealer told me my vehicle was not affected so nothing was done. Recall ended Nov 7 2015 and now I am having serious issues with door locks. Doors lock immediately after unlocking whether using key fob, door lock on door, or when the doors self unlock when the car is stopped and put in park. The door unlocks as it is supposed to but immediately relocks all doors. Passenger unlocks their door and if they don't catch the latch to open the door quickly, it will automatically relock. I can't take my car to the carwash in fear that someone will lock my keys inside. Keys in ignition, engine on and I get out to close my gate, the doors relock. If I didn't hear it lock and shut my door, my car would be running in park with doors locked. Think if I had my grand children inside with the engine running and I can't get inside. This is a huge safety issue. This started happening regularly around January 2016 past the recall. To fix this myself will cost hundreds of dollars.

- Marana, AZ, USA

Feb 012016

Electrical system or motor that controls doors locking and unlocking makes noises and sometimes does not lock the doors. Also, when I am driving drivers side doors in front and back lock and unlock them selves. " 2 years ago I had to pay to have the passager side motor for the door locks repaired, now the drivers side is going out. I would like Honda to fix this at no cost to me. Is there a recall for this"

- Riverside, CA, USA

Feb 012016

I have key with door locks on it, when I unlock the car, it automatically locks again, without pushing the other button to lock it. Also, the A/C has been fixed 4 times and within a week, just blows out warm air, have taken to several mechanics, Honda dealer/garage says they wont fix unless there is a recall

- Oregon City, OR, USA