CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.

2009 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda CR-V:

2009 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 8)

Mar 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lido Beach, NY, USA

CR-V 4-cyl

2009 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to dealership has no remedy available to repair driver front airbag inflator defect recall notice.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Jun 132016

CR-V 4-cyl

2009 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver side airbag recall notice.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Apr 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 112016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The parts needed for the repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 10/18/16

- Jayuya, PR, USA

Mar 312016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags) and 16V06100 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St Carlos, CA, USA

Aug 102016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 022016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Nanuet, NY, USA

Aug 102016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cottondale, AL, USA

CR-V

Takata recall. I have contacted my local Honda dealer "kastner Honda" Napa, ca 2 times this year after receiving two recall letters from american Honda in torrence, ca they tell me that they tell me that the takata airbag replacements are still on back order.

- Napa, CA, USA

Mar 152016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirm parts not available.

- Wasilla, AK, USA

May 032016

CR-V

I contacted ken garff Honda downton (64 East 900 South, slc, 84111) on May 3, 2016 requesting the recall replacement and they told me it would take a couple of weeks before they contacted me and it has now been over three months. The recall notice on received from Honda indicated I could put in a complaint if I had not been helped within 60 days, it has been over 90.

- Midvale, UT, USA

Feb 122016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Boston Lake, NY, USA

May 142016

CR-V

Takata recall. I went to boardwalk Honda at 6807 tilton rd, egg harbor township, NJ 08234 last May 14, 2016 for the takata driver's side airbag recall on my Honda CR-V 2009 model. I was told that it still was not available. I asked if they could provide me a temporary alternative transportation but they said at that time all vehicles reserved to them from enterprise were in use already. I kept on following up with them every week and even asked if they could reimburse me if I rented a car. They told me to call american Honda about that. Unfortunately, american Honda's number, 1-888-234-2138 automatically redirects you to an automated answering system which tells the caller to coordinate with your dealer. I have tried calling other dealers but they told me the airbag was VIN specific and once it's ordered by one dealer, they can't order it again. I'm getting concerned because we have a 2 yr old and a newborn baby and it's been almost 3 months and I fear for our safety every time I use that car. I only want them to provide me a rental car while waiting for the parts to come and not give me the runaround every time I call them. I sincerely hope you could help with our situation. Thank you.

- Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Jul 262016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Feb 122016

- Marion, IA, USA

May 162016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The dealer mentioned for months that the contact was placed on a waiting list, but provided no confirmation as to what number the contact was placed on the list. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Jul 282016

CR-V

Just spent 3 and 1/2 months in a rent a car and the night before I pick it up I get a second recall for the passanger air bag. Now Honda just wants me not to put someone in the passanger seat but I am not comfortable doing that I still feel like if the bag goes off it could cause the driver and possible back seat person injury. And I have to do this for at least another month they refuse to give me another rental. I really am upset about this I still feel like someone could easily get hurt.

- West Monroe, LA, USA

CR-V

Takata recall - passenger air bag parts are not available. We have teen learning to drive and must have adult in the passenger seat. Neither dealership nor Honda will authorize alternative transportation, forcing us to either accept risk or rent a car on our own. Honda should be required to address the safety issue properly.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 132016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts were not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repairs. The dealer and manufacturer were made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- German Town, TN, USA